Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-03-01, 19:20
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 236/210/155
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

For some reason I am not able to get on the Daily forum.I tried numerous times today and the last time I waited 27 minutes.I'm able to get on the other forums so I can't understand why not the Daily.I look forward to coming here but seems I might not be able to.I don't have page loading problems on any other sites.
Can someone tell me what I can do???

Just had my 4th good food day & feeling even better!!
Carol
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-03-01, 19:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Carol, I was testing this since I got your email (just came back from work). This doesn't make sense as there's nothing different between any of the forums. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but probably not related to the forum.

Help me out here, o.k. Send me as much information as possible (browser, software versions, modem, free disk space, etc.) Does this happen all the time or just today? Did you try more than once?

#3   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 07:10
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Hi...I was able to get on today with virtually no problems.We have Netscape as our browser. lots of free disc space{my husband is fanatical about this}and we have the internet connection.It was only when I tried loading the Daily forum that I had such a problem and I tried numerous times throughout the day.Maybe I was coming on at peak times? Any other sitesI go to works fine.Hopefully my problem is solved now! I'll check in numerous times again today to see what happens.Oh,I also changed the posts to show only for the last 5 days.
Thanks!
Carol
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 08:44
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Carol,

Netscape is much slower than other browsers, and with each new version it keeps getting slower. You might want to experiment with other browsers to see a better performance.

But I place the blame on Netscape, we didn't have any load problems yesterday, we didn't change anything, most likely Netscape was timing out.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-04-01, 09:21
Registered Member

Plan:
BF:
Progress:

Seems to be working now! Thanks for your help!!
Carol