Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 18:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 267/226/145 Female 5'5 ft
BF:
Progress: 34%
Smile Wanted to say Hello!

I've been lerking around for a few months now.By far this is the best site I've found. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive.This is my first post so hopefully its right. I started lc Oct 07.Lost 40lbs and have been in a stall since Feb 08.Very frustrating!!!This is my 2nd x around on Atkins.Why I went off the 1st x is beyond me. Any how, I've not cheated since x-mas 07.I know I have to keep going and I'll break the stall. Today( after much research on here) I've started meat and eggs. For the 1st x I'm seeing pink on the keto stix!! Hopefully the scales or tape will budge a little!! I'm trying to get my fat intake up by cocnut oil. I take 2 tbls a day. So we'll see how it goes. O.K. thats all for now !! Hello to everyone and good luck on all your journeys!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 19:24
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome! It's nice to have you here!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tprice31
I started lc Oct 07.Lost 40lbs and have been in a stall since Feb 08.Very frustrating!!!

It's very common to stall after that much weightloss. The body has to recover and get used to it's new weight. If I'm reading correctly you lost 40 lbs in 4 months? That really good. I know it's really hard but try not to give up, it'll happen

Otherwise, welcome to the forum & good luck
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 21:03
Go Seminoles......

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:baby phat
Progress: 16%

Welocme from a fellow Floridian!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-20-08, 21:13

Plan: adkins
Stats: 150/149/138 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

sounds like you know what your doing, it will change for you ,I'm sure, for us women it gets the slow go then all of a sudden it pays off, good luck
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 06:16

Plan: BFC
Stats: 182/161/150 Female 5'4"
BF:dont.wanna.know
Progress: 66%

Welcome to the boards! Good luck and keep posting!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 06:22

BF:

Thanks everyone! Nole1984 Happy B-day!! I only live about 45 min south of you. Closer to gainseville. Anyway have a Great B-day!! Got on the scales this morning and no change. Thats ok though. My next weigh-in is fri. so we'll see! Thanks for the encouragement. Everyone around here thinks has a bad case of the "see I told you atkins does'nt work" just because I'm in a stall. But I know better and once the scale starts moving again maybe the will eat they're words!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 09:53
Go Seminoles......

T, why don't cha post what you're eating and folks will take a look and give you pointers... I know you probably got that part undercontol since you've lost a lot of weight already but try it just in case
Do you live in one of those " we are not a speed trap towns"
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
Are you drinking lots of water, how bout exercise?
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 11:36

BF:

Yes I do live in one of those! LOL Just recently though. I use to live right outside of Daytona. Due to some unfortunate circumstances we moved back to my home town. We have 1 traffic light!!
Menu on a typical day(roughly)is=
2 c coffee with 2tbls of cocnut oil
3 s. eggs fried in butter and co

lunch is 2 chicken thighs
and 2 slices of bacon

Dinner tonight is chuck roast in the pressure cooker seered in butter and co

I drink lots of water all day. Thank goodness I'm a sahm and can pee any time I want to. Which seems like every 20 min! Like I mentioned before I'm trying m&e's for a week to see if I can get things moving again. So add 2 cups of any one of the induction veggies and a 1cp salad before this week. I make my own dressing with oil and vin. .
Snacks are deviled eggs,bacon,tuna,ect.
As far as exercise I can't say I've been very consistant about it.I do have a treadmill and am making a commitment to get my lazy butt on the darn thing. I use to jog before the weight gain. I still remember how great I felt afterwards. For me its the getting started, but once I do I tend to stick to it.We do have a curves in this tiny town. I'm very shy so thats a big step I'm trying to take!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 11:49

Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

You are probably losing size/inches even if you don't realize it. Have you taken measurements? If not, try to start doing so weekly.

Oh and welcome to the boards.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 15:02

BF:

I do measure twice a month. Theres no change on the tape either. I'll just stay the course . Its like a stareing contest and the stupid fats gotta blink sometime!!!
Thanks for any advice from all of you. It is much appreciated! People around here (with the exception of maybe 1 or 2) feels the need to preach a surmon on how bad I'm treating my body by this w.o.l ,I want so bad to prove them wrong.But we all know that even when I do lose the wieght they will still disbelieve!! So I just politely nod an say thank you for your concern but my Dr. has approved my eating plan so we'll see.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-08, 20:03
Go Seminoles......

T, Let the haters hate
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 07:20

BF:

Yeah ,I'm lucky to have a dr that is very much an advocate for the LCWOL. She told me to tell the naysayers to go have a cracker!!LOL I thought that was too funny!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 07:37

Plan: adkins
Stats: 150/149/138 Female 64"
BF:
Progress:

your a very pretty girl, so if you wanteed to get back you could say, I'll lose the weight but you can't change ugle.!!!! I mean that from the inside, stay away from negitive peole, it makes you happier.Love the cracker comment by your doc, good luck
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-22-08, 18:59
Go Seminoles......

Hey T how you doing? Yeah I have a very supportive doc also but at first I was somewhat reluctant to tell her ...