Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20
Progress: 82%

My biggest trigger is at work when I have to use the bathroom! In order for me to go to the bathroom, I have to walk past some vending machines! These machines were put in that location maybe a year ago, a few months after is when most of my troubles started. I was constantly buying cheetos, M&M's and coke, dougnuts, cookies etc! I was off work for about 4 months due to a major surgery and went back again the beginning of Feb., I also started Atkins 2 weeks prior to returning to work. I thought I beat those damn vending machines! At first, I would buy something, think about it for awhile, then give it to someone, NOW, last week and today I have purchased AND eaten a bag of M&M's! Damn machines! There's no way around them either, the only other bathroom is inside the lunchroom, MORE machines there!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/177/148 Female 5ft. 6.5 inches
BF:40.40%/38.10/?
Progress: 33%

We went to a potluck dinner last Sat. night, put on by the swimmers my husband swims with. Many of them are triathlon competitors. So - they brought lots of pasta, and high carb stuff. They were all skinny muscular people.
I avoided all the bread + high carb stuff + ate a spinach salad + meat + cheese + I took a can of diet ginger-ale + added rum to it. I was doing great! Then somebody announced that they had brought some boxes of coolers + he wasn't going to take them home, + nobody was drinking them. So- I had one. Then I thought - there goes 21 carbs - I just blew the day- what the hell -Next I found chocolate moose, butter tarts, lemon pie, nanaimo squares etc.-all in my mouth!!
Yesterday was a co-worker's bithday + somebody brought chocolate glazed donuts in to the office, and a client brought in many bags of chips + cheetos ( long story). So - I had donuts + cheetos. I was so tired + yukky feeling after work that I didn't go to Curves, and actually stopped after work for some Rolos.
Today the scale is way up, and my eyes are puffy. I had 2 eggs for breakfast, + I'm going to curves as soon as I get up some energy to go. My trigger is often a cooler. I've never had that out-of-control feeling before,tho.
Wish me luck getting back on track today.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:50

Plan: vegan low-carb
Stats: 252/252/199 Female 64.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

*sigh* I have a problem with that, too. Once I have a bit of a cheat, I figure 'what the hell?' and end up pigging out on anything that I used to have that I don't anymore. Mainly it's full-sugar chocolate and junk food. One time, McDonalds. BUT, the last time I did a little cheat, I just got right back at it immediately and ignored the cheat completely (didn't happen... ). I figured it's mentally and emotionally better for me, even tho I got kicked out of ketosis and am screwed for 3 days, I don't have to load up on junk. I hope that willpower continues...
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:02

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Haven't/a/Clue
Default A suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun5oh
My biggest trigger is at work when I have to use the bathroom! In order for me to go to the bathroom, I have to walk past some vending machines! These machines were put in that location maybe a year ago, a few months after is when most of my troubles started. I was constantly buying cheetos, M&M's and coke, dougnuts, cookies etc! I was off work for about 4 months due to a major surgery and went back again the beginning of Feb., I also started Atkins 2 weeks prior to returning to work. I thought I beat those damn vending machines! At first, I would buy something, think about it for awhile, then give it to someone, NOW, last week and today I have purchased AND eaten a bag of M&M's! Damn machines! There's no way around them either, the only other bathroom is inside the lunchroom, MORE machines there!

Either don't carry change anywhere near the machines, or don't even have it in your purse. I rarely bring money to work. I bring my lunch and snacks, and leave my money at home. I only bring my wallet because I'm carrying my license, etc. Then I don't have to even worry about vending machines - because I can always tell myself that I can't buy it, anyway.

At least that's what works for me.
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/135 Female 5' 2"
BF:uh/no/thanks
Progress: 0%

My trigger is going to my boyfriend's house. He lives 4 hours away, so I only see him every other weekend. I do fine those 2 weeks when we're not together, but he loves to cook and he's an EXCELLENT cook. He loves seafood and veal and steak, so we have that a lot, plus veggies. But occasionally there's the pasta, the pizza, the ice cream, the hot dog at Sam's Club when we're out shopping, or whatever, that get me. He "was" bringing me a cherry streudel after his run every Saturday and Sunday morning when I'm there, but I had to tell him finally to stop. (which was not an easy thing to do....darn, those are good!)

I just have to make the best choices I can and get back in the saddle come Monday mornings. Either that, or dump him. LOL
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136/127/125 Female 66 inches
BF:32/25/20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcole
Either don't carry change anywhere near the machines, or don't even have it in your purse. I rarely bring money to work. I bring my lunch and snacks, and leave my money at home. I only bring my wallet because I'm carrying my license, etc. Then I don't have to even worry about vending machines - because I can always tell myself that I can't buy it, anyway.

At least that's what works for me.

Unfortunately for me, I am the kind of person that carries my money in my pocket ( leaves my purse in the truck) Someone else at work suggested the same thing to me, don't bring money to work, but I always think " what if I NEED something? " LOL!!!! It is a very good idea though, I wish I could get the concept of it into my head! As far as the change thing goes, our dumb machines take $5.oo bills! There has been many of times I will ask people for change though! I haven't had regular Coke since I started, and I think thats the main reason I have lost the weight and inches! I used to drink 6 a day, easily!!!!!!!!
Oh yea, I bring so much food to work that people ask me what the heck I'm doing! I usually eat everything too! Today I did run ou, 2 hours till home time, thats when I bought the M&M's!