Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:04

Plan: Fat Flush
Stats: 172/172/150
BF:
Progress: 0%
Question Not a lot to lose?

I am just starting Fat Flush ( end of first week). I only have 20 lbs to lose. I tried Atkins for 3 weeks, only lost 2 lbs and got frustrated. I say only 20 lbs because I used to be 90 lbs overweight. I don't want to go there again. I have gained about 15 lbs over last 1 1/2 year. I never did get the last 5 lbs off. Now I am committed to getting this in check before it gets out of hand.
But it seems as hard as I'm trying, not much is happening. Any tips for those who don't have that much to lose?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:18

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi there and welcome

People tend to loose 10% of the total weight they want to loose in the Induction section so for you wanting to loose 20 pounds your loss of 2pounds is wonderful, then for every month after that they say you lose 5%of that weight .... so I'd say with Atkins you were already on the right track

I don't know anything about fat flush so I can't help you out there..

good luck

Fiona
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:34

BF:

Thanks Fiona. I guess you're saying I should be patient. Sometimes hard,but I realize necessary.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 18:40

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

I guess I'm saying give yourself some time... As you can see from my stats I have a heap of weight to lose so I don't know what it must be like for you being so close to goal - yet not quite there, I imagine that it must be really frustrating sometimes....

being patient is sometimes the hardest thing in the world to be but I am sure you can do it! . As for losing that original 90 pounds is amazing - congrats for that

Fiona
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-28-03, 19:41
Registered Member

Stats: 266/231/180
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hey!

I have ordered the Fat Flush book and am waiting impatiently for it to come! In the mean time I have been keeping track of what I am eating and doing on www.fitday.com. Very interesting!

What do you think, so far of it? Are the recipes any good?

-Karen
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 19:23

BF:

I haven't been using and of the recipes yet, bust just getting used to the regimen since it's my first week. You have to take certain supplements and drink the cran water at specific times. I've had to get used to eating breakfast as I start work at 7am and ususally don't take time. I've been sticking to basic baked chicken, salmon, etc. I was not used to planning so much, but I'm gettin in the groove of it. I'll try some recipes next week after I'm pretty established in the diet. Let me know what ypu think of it when you get started.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 22:52
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Redhead, welcome to the forum and glad to see you are on FF, so am I. I had 2 sugeries the last 2 years and gained 40 pounds.
If you are doing FF you should see some decrease in weight by the 5th day. On my first week I lost 7 pounds and I thought that was good, but someone told me tonight that I should be losing 10-15 pounds a week. The supplements can really get expensive as I found out. I bought everything Gittleman requested you to take. The CLA and primrose are 2 of my favs. When I first started I didn't have everything cause I was just recovering from surgery. Hence why I did the FF.
I have about 15 more to lose and you can bet I will never gain that back again. I can't wait for my clothes to fit again. This was my first FF too and alot of people here do them every couple of months. I know I'm not gonna stay on it, I will probably go to CAD after I achieve my goal. Good Luck and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to stop by. There are 2 other people who visit me that are also on FF.

Oh don't want to write a book in your journal, but I really like the FF soup and the Italian wedding soup, I made them by the pot and grabbed them for lunch on the way to work all week. I really like the wedding soup, good taste to it (to me). So much so I posted them in the recipe section here.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 22:57
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Oh sorry forgot to mention I love the fruit smoothies in the morning, I add the lectithin to it too and it makes it nice and thick and creamy. I buy the frozen berries and it is great. It is also a good way to get a dose of the flaxseed oil in. The hardest part to me was trying to figure out what to put where, but I got it pretty good now. I make the salad dressing in the book and add lectithin to that to make it thick like a salad dressing. You don't want to take these things by theirselves...YUCK, thats why I mix them in wherever I can. Good Luck!
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-03, 18:28

BF:
Unhappy

Amber, I'm so frustrated, cause I just did my first weeky weigh-in, and after my first week, I didn't loose ONE pound. I'm in the middle of my monthly, and don't want to get discouraged. I ran 4 miles today. Basically, I've been dieting for 5 weeks and haven't lost any weight! My skin is soft and my constipation has gone away, but I am SO frustrated!! Please help?
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-03, 16:13
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/209/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I too only want to lose about 17 more pounds. I am understanding that I shouldn't expect to lose more than about a pound a month(based on 5% a month. I always thought I had patience, but 17 months seems to be asking alot. Looking for some encouragement
Karen25