Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-05-11, 10:48
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Cream Cheese Tea Cakes [Carbquik]

This creation was a result of a kitchen "blooper" that turned out to be quite good, with my "save" efforts. Hubby sure liked them and ate several!! Recipe and pic of Wilton silicone pand I used is here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/1...se-tea-cakes-2/

These would also be good un-iced with jams for breakfast:

Here's what they look like inside:

This recipe evolved from an accident in preparing a recipe of CarolynF (on Low Carb Friends) for cream cheese sugar cookies. I changed up the flours quite a bit, doubled the cream cheese and molded them into little Christmas Tree- shaped tea cakes. They were WONDERFUL! They reminded me of my mother’s traditional cream cheese brownies (the blond part) in taste and texture. I can see a possible cream cheese brownie evolving with some further experimentation on this. This recipe is not suitable until the grains rung of OWL. Unfrosted, these would be great served warm with some jam, marmalade or preserves and a nice cup of tea.

INGREDIENTS:

2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ tsp. salt
1½ c. Carbquick bake mix
¼ c. Jennifer Eloff’s Splendid Low Carb Bake Mix: http://low-carb-news.blogspot.com/2...stomize-to.html
3 T. coconut flour (what got added to salvage the "blooper )
2 T. oat fiber (not oat flour or oat bran)
1 c. granular Splenda (or equivalent sweetener)
2 T. erythritol
Frosting, preserves or jam of your choice (optional)

DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350º. In large mixing bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, butter, Splenda, erythritol and egg until smooth. Add salt and vanilla. Add Carbquick, Jen’s low-carb mix, coconut flour and oat fiber and stir into a smooth dough-like batter. Using either mini-muffin pans or silicone molds, spoon mixture into molds, tamping down level with a small spoon or your finger. I used two of these silicone molds, slightly overfilled and then raked the straight side of a knife over the top to smooth them even with the pan surface. These rise only slightly above the original dough level: (this pan is 5/8″ deep)Set silicone pans on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 350º oven for about 18 minutes or until they are beginning to lightly brown. Allow to cool slightly and “set up” before pushing them gently up and out of the silicone pans. If using mini muffin tins, fill about 3/4 full. These are so buttery the pans will not need greasing. They should tip out just fine with the assistance of the tip of a knife. Serve warm with marmalade or jams; cool completely before attempting to frost.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 36 tea cakes, each contains: (does not include frosting or toppings)

84 calories
8.54 g fat
3.65 g carbs, 2.83 g fiber, .82 g NET CARBS
2.0 g protein
65.8 mg sodium
10% RDA Vitamin A, 11 mg potassium

Last edited by Buttoni : Mon, Dec-05-11 at 11:08.
Sponsored Links