Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-27-02, 22:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/171.5/140
BF:51%/40%/12%
Progress: 57%
Arrow NEW need a buddy :)

Hi everyone

Today was my frist day for BFL/Akins ... C1W1D1 would like to find someone to buddy with

Tammy
38/f/Chicago
SW-213
CW-171.5
GW-140
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-15-04, 13:55
Registered Member

Stats: 150/150/125 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Tammy!

I'm in the Chicago area too! NW Suburbs. I'm here with ya! Lets buddy up and get it done!! I need to drop 75 pounds. I need someone to be accountable to. So far I have lost 15 lbs. in 5 1/2 weeks. Its getting harder as the days go on!

Anyone else out there need some help???

Pixx
  #3   ^
Old Sun, May-02-04, 14:42

Stats: 234/180/135 Female 66
BF:55/35/25
Progress: 55%
Thumbs up California Biddy?

Hi Tammy and Pixx,
I'm on day 6 and just got into ketosis. It is 1:30 pm and I have been sanding primer on my 69 ElCmino since about 8:30 am. It is a repeat of saturday. I have been trying to stay at 20 carbs because I want to get this 33 pounds off now. No that is 30 pounds off as 3 are already gone. I have been doing Atkins for many years. I think I wigged out a little the first time I reached goal. I couldn't believe I was a size small after so many years in xxx. I let the weight sneak back on by telling myself I could have anything with no sugar and low carb. That just is not so. Recently I have decided to try to be open eyed about everything. For example 1 cup of cabbage is 2.4 ounces in weight according to my nutritional Resource book. Romaine lettuce is 2 ounces per cup. there is little resemblence between the cup of lettuce I made before and the weighed one I have now. I have had to stop all dairy as I need more and more when I do have it. I also love diet soda and they really mount up in a day. What would you say are the high hurrdles you are facing in this weight loss challenge? Well good luck. I will check back soon.
Pam
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-23-04, 22:12
Registered Member

Plan: Low-Carb Diet Solution
Stats: 188/154/135 Female 65
BF:more than I want!
Progress: 64%
Default Another California Chick...

Hey...I just noticed your reply from the beginning of May. I've also noticed that we are the only two on here from 2004, so...wanna be MY buddy? I just started (day 1), so you are ahead of me (how's it going by the way?). My husband and I are trying to do this together...maybe I can stick with it longer this time!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-24-07, 07:53

Stats: 185.8/185.8/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi, everyone. Mind if I join you? I am looking for some buddies! I just started Atkins 1 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 4 pounds. I need to lose another 20! Goal weight: 150. My big challenges: (1) dinner parties where people force food and wine on me and (2) coffee -- I'm terribly addicted. I also have worries about doing this long-term: Will I be able to maintain a low carb diet over the long term?

I am a kind of true believer in terms of what Atkins says, though. I KNOW carbs are my problem.

Last edited by lexy-lou : Thu, May-24-07 at 13:59.