Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 12:16

Plan: LowCarb since 2/1/08
Stats: 312/312/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I am looking for a buddy with ~100lbs to lose

Hi! I have finally reached the point to were a buddy would be great. I started Atkins on April 1, 2002 and have lost almost 15lbs so far. I would love to have a buddy who also has a lot to lose too since it looks like I will be in Induction for a while.
I usually visit during my lunch time during the week (at my office)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 18:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 256/245/150
BF:
Progress: 10%

HI,

This is my second time around and I also would like to have a buddy. We both have similar goals. I am currently at 255 and ultimately would like to get down to the 150 - 160 range. I know that it is going to be a long time in coming, but I am in for the long haul.

When is your lunch time, my schedule at work is pretty flexible so we could chat it up then.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Denaria
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 07:18

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Having an online buddy sounds fun. I have about the same goals and I also started April 1st too. Also plan to do induction for several months. Msg me if you're interested!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 12:18

BF:

Denaria and DarkLotus:
Great to have you both as a support buddy! I have been busy at work the last couple of days and haven't been able to spend as much time on forum. How do you PM? I tried, but was rejected. Just wondering? I am having a grilled chicken filet with mayo today for lunch and I had a ham and cheese omlete for breakfast. Tonight, I don't yet know. What are your typical menus? I am really trying to see that a pound a week is probably reaslistic for my weight. I am trying to walk more too. Talk later!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 06:39

I haven't yet tried the pm's, but I am sure they work. Let's see to view everything I eat, my exercise log, and my weight loss progression, you can go to: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=DarkLotus <--- hope that works

BTW, A pound a week is great I'd like to see your menu too, perhaps it's an early observation, but it sounds like you may not be eating enough??? Talk to you soon
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-10-02, 10:50

BF:
Default TGIF

Stop by my journal to check out my latest post.

I can start PMing soon, I just need a couple of more posts to qualify.

I will try to keep track of food better next week. I am using fitday.com to track also. I will start tracking kcal also.

I usually stop by around 12:00 - 2:00PM EST during my lunch break during the week. Until I get a home computer I am limited to the amount of time that I can spend on here. (BTW I saw an awsome computer on QVC that I want to get... )

Talk soon and keep up the LC way of life!

#7   ^
Old Mon, May-13-02, 11:16

BF:

Hi,

I haven't started a journal yet, but I keep telling myself that I will when I get home from work. Then I get home and it seems that there are always a million things that I have to get done before I can sit down and spend on time on here. I guess that is what happens when you live with two men.

For breakfast I usually have a ham/cheese/mushroom/bell pepper/onion (just a little bit) omelet and 4 pieces of bacon from the cafeteria here at work. Lunch is one of those that I do on the fly and dinner is cooked by DH. He usually fixes beef/chicken or fish and either/and a salad and steammed vegies. He is an awesome cook. So we made a deal, he cooks and I keep the fiances. Sounds fair to me

I am trying to get back in the grove of going to the gym in the evening. I like walking on the treadmill and doing weights.

I will try to get a journal going so we can watch each other's progress and help each other.

I am in training for the next three days but will check in during my breaks.

Have a great LC day

D
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 10:09

BF:
Default FitDay.com

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...Owner=2OnAtkins

OK, here is my public profile on fitday. I will try to keep up on the entries.

I am in the middle of updating it now so this is a short entry for now!

Keep in touch, and I need to come up with a signature.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 12:42

Smile

Congrats on your loss (wooot!) and good job keeping track of everything on fitday I'm wondering if you are getting enough calories in though. For your bodyweight according to everything I have read and done so far, you should be up around 2570 calories (10-12 X body weight I think it is). But I'm a newbie so correct me if I'm wrong I can't get as many calories as I need in either, but maybe you'd lose even more if you upped your caloric intake, just a thought.
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 11:22

BF:

Good Afternoon

Just finished reading your posts. I haven't yet been able to take a look at your fitness record but will as soon as I finish off my class this afternoon.

I wanted to let you know about a boook that I am currently reading:

The Secret to Low Carb Success by Laura Richard, it is a great book and has been able to answer many of my questions. If it hasn't I start nosing about here.

Have a great day.

D
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 11:29

BF:
Default LC on allrecipes, same author?

It that the same Laura who posts recipes on allrecipes.com?
I have looked for her cookbook out, but can't find it yet. LMK if it is, maybe I need to get it from the internet stores.

Have a good day the LC way!

2OnAtkins
  #12   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 14:59

BF:
Default TGIF

Hi,

I am so happy it is Friday. Work has kept me so busy that I haven't been eating properly. I have been staying on the LCWOL but I keep forgetting to eat, so when I get home I am so hungery that I instantly start nibbling. Cheese is my favorite nibble, but my head keeps thinking about how much easier this would be if I could just grab a "traditional" snack when I realize that I haven't eaten.

But I made it through!

Have a wonderful weekend

D

Yesterday is history
Tomorrow's a mystery
and all we have is today
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 12:58

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Is it Toooooo Late for me????

Hi!
I saw your posts and stats and I am very similiar. Can I join in too? I am redoing this Inductions (again..........) but I am so super serious this time. I have done it by myself in the past - perhaps having a buddy(ies) would be great.

Please let me know if I can join with the two of you.

Thanks

P
  #14   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 14:41

BF:
Default Super yaaaahhh!

Sure, join right in! I haven't had a chance to look yet, but do you have a journal. I have been busy, so no entry for me in a while, but I think that I continue to loose weight. I usually post during my lunchtime during the week.

Talk to you soon A Thin Me!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 16:01

Plan: UltraGlycemix
Stats: 244/240/150
BF:
Progress: 4%
Question Hi 20n!

Quote:
Originally posted by 2OnAtkins
I would love to have a buddy who also has a lot to lose too since it looks like I will be in Induction for a while.

Hi 20n, I also have about 100 pounds to lose and I wondered why you said you would be on induction for a while. My directions say to do it for 2 weeks and then to increase carbs by 5 grams a week until you drop out of ketosis and then decrease them just a little, for Ongoing Weight Loss...

Are you using a different method?

thanks!!

-Misty