Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 12:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 283/283/250 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default what made you want to lose weight???

Hey everyone....My name is ashley...aka Nikki...aka 2cute.....anyway i was just wondering what made you guys want to lose weight....what was your motivation..... at times i feel like giving up but then i think about going to another family reunion and looking the same way.....I want everyone to be like wow look at ashley...or who is that.....i want to be able to wear no sleeve shirts and shorts in the summer because im sick of only wearing capris and sleeved shirts....and at age 18 i want to be dressing in the latest teen fashions and it seems as if i cant....nothing looks right or it doesnt come in my size and im tired of it...so my motivation is to finally feel happy about myself...finally be able to look in the mirror and just say.... WOW I LOOK GOOD!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkin's/Lc
Stats: 190/190/140 Female 5'7
BF:35

What made me want to lose weight Beacause i was tried of being big and me and my sister will go to the mall and try on outfit and i looked mess up in every outfit So in Dec of 04 i start doing ww/atkins so far i lost 32 pounds what keep me motivated is i have a wedding to go to in july my sis-Inlaw and our 2nd year of being married will me in july also so that my Dh suprise he going to have the old me back at 135 when i met him
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 15:47

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Great question!

I saw a picture of me taken at a Christmas gathering from Dec 2003 and nearly puked. I was HUGE. I knew the weight was up and the size was up, too; but I guess I just didn't realize how friggin BIG I was. It's wierd. When I looked in the mirror, I just didn't see the BIG F that I was, I saw me -- like I see myself today -- I don't see the near 60 pounds that I've lost. I see the same person I've always seen. That picture really was the final motivater to get me going. I knew SOMETHING had to change in my life.

And what's kept me going for over a year is one thing: The way I FEEL. I'm alive again and it's wonderful. And it's all because of this WOL. Plain and simple. A couple of months ago I started cheating a lot -- eating McDonald's and CRAP until it became a DAILY HABIT again. I was so depressed and down and yada, yada. My boyfriend said one day (he's doing this WOL as well): I can't do this without your support. And boom. I realized that if I continued on with my old WOL I would end up probably bigger than I was.

So I recommited myself about two weeks ago and I feel that feeling again of lc'ing. I'm alive again.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 18:44

Plan: Atkins+Black Coffee
Stats: 251/250/190 Female 5 ft. 7 in.
BF:
Progress: 2%

I was tired of the weight. As the years went by the weight kept coming on until one day I looked at myself and said you've GOT to do something. I felt horrible! The older you get the harder it is to lose! I knew it was up to me to change my life so here I am! You're doing wonderful so far keep it up and before you know it you'll be at goal!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 19:12

Plan: Atkins/Oprah/Phil
Stats: 228.4/187.6/175 Female 71 nches
BF:32%//26.4 BMI
Progress: 76%

Let me count the things.....

1. Developed high blood pressure and enlarged heart.
2. No energy.
3. My seven year old.
4. Just a nightmare buying clothes...I am a tall female, so six foot and a plus size for a girl is just....well, I said it, a nightmare.
5. Want my old life back....I know people say they didn't gain the weigh over night and most don't, but in my case it was 60 pounds in a little over a year, so it felt like overnight to me.....It wasn't until recently that my brain even caught up ... when I would dream, in my dreams I was still my old thinner self...It was always a shock when I would look in a mirror.
6. Just wanted to look better and hopefully feel better.

7. I really want to tuck my shirt in again...

I know there are more, but that was a few for now...I can't say it was just one.

Anita
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Apr-22-05, 22:07

BF:

yeah i have a picture that motivated me to lose the 18 pounds i lost...but then i gained back 7 of them and ive lost 3 so far....but i have a bad problem with cheating when someone pressures me......and it seems as if they are like just eat it its only.....so then i eat and feel bad
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 07:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281/235/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

My motivation to lose weight is similar to Superaunt. I saw a picture of myself and was horrified
My Mom is tiny, my sister is tiny so maybe I just assumed I was...wrong!
My sister is getting married in Maui in October and I will be damned if I am going to be the fat one on the beach looking miserable. I love my sis too much for that.
Lots of people say you have to lose weight for yourself, when you are ready. I agree with that, but I also think you do have to consider your loved ones who worry about you as well. Honestly, if I had to wait untill I was ready, I dont think I would ever start since it is so much easier to keep eating crap and sit on the couch but seeing my family, who have never pressured me to lose weight, look at me...I feel so bad. And seeing those pictures of me was the push I needed to start LCing.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-25-05, 15:03

BF:

oh yeah i wanna tuck my shirt in too so i can wear some of those flasy cute belts.....
  #9   ^
Old Sun, May-01-05, 22:22

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/235/117 Female 5'4
BF:Mucho Fato!

I'm going to be 38 on the 17th! I'm not getting any younger. The older you get, the harder it is to lose weight. The thought of being fat the rest of my life scared the stuffing out of me! Besides that, I'm beginning to get health problems that are related to weight. I'm also sick of shopping in plus size stores!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, May-02-05, 20:08

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

I have a few reasons too. I am so disgusted with myself. I was in the Marines and was very trim till I was 34. Then an injury sidelined me and I was depressed. Took several years to pack it on, but I managed. Figured that was the way it was since I was getting older and had all but given up trying, just going with it. Then husband had open heart surgery and was inactive too (a Marine) and gained too. It was when his dr said he needed to be on Lipitor and I wasn't far behind . . . that got me. I don't want to be taking drugs unless I absolutely have to. I don't have the time or patience for that crap. Plus, my sister-inlaw is diabetic and I just know that Atkins would benefit her. I want to be an example and a help to her. I really care for my family, their health and my own. I think we're worth it.
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-04-05, 11:08

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 224/190.0/130 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 36%

Blood work came back bad. Had to change my eating or increase my medication....took the correct path and chose eating. Everything's on target now. I believe years of high carb/high insulin living brought on my Type II Diabetes.

Believe me...if you aren't on the road to better health the future is bleak indeed.