Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-13, 00:11
Registered Member

Plan: <20g per day
Stats: 195.8/176.4/145 Female 175 cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

I made it through the weekend perfectly. Every time I felt the jitters, I got up and either did something useful or left the house for a walk. Consequently, I walked a lot this weekend. I realize that I don't know how to relax without feeling guilty and anxious!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-13, 12:08

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepin'On
155 is a good goal, thanks for adding it to the list. I'm glad to be here, I need the accountability.

Now here is the first mini-mini goal: get through a Sunday with no cheats, emotional breakdowns, bouts of depression or other excuses to eat something sweet, starchy, or just generally binging. It seems like once I get some time to myself, ie too much time for thinking, I just can't cope in a normal fashion. Does anybody else have this problem with weekends?

Your welcome! I am a stay at home mom/grandma/wife so this is something I battle on a daily basis. It occurs mostly in the late evening for me. That is when I tend to get the munchies. My way to defeat that is to keep something on hand just for that time when I really feel those urges to eat something. Healthy on plan snacks are good.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-13, 13:34
Registered Member

BF:

How is everybody doing? I hope you are doing well. I got off course this past weekend, but I'm back on track for today.... but I'm not going to weigh in for a while cuz I know I'm all bloated.

I started work today, after three weeks of vacation time. Its the first time I've left that long, and I just knew I was in trouble this morning.

What do you know, a whole bunch of suspiciously anonymous house elves have attempted to leave a pile of un-finished projects on my desk while I was away.... funny how that happens, huh? I'm thinking that next time I'm out of the office, I'll have one of the logistics staff also remove my desk. That should be pretty funny.

Anyway, back to all the files piled on my desk and which don't belong to me. Weirdly, enough, nobody wants to claim them. I could dig a little and find out who is in charge of these project, but don't have the time. I need new projects along with bullet holes in my head. Good thing I have a trash can. I placed them in my trash can, and left it in the hall way with a sign "Take back your files before the cleaning staff arrives." Ah yes, September is off to a GREAT start. I'm going to make a lot of friends, I just know it.

Anyway, enough about work. Tonight I sauteed some shallots in butter, added turkey breast meat until everything was golden and carmelized, and then added heavy whipping cream and lots of dill leaves and hot red pepper. Delicious! and I'm over 70% fat today. YES!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-13, 01:24

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 245/232/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepin'On
How is everybody doing? I hope you are doing well. I got off course this past weekend, but I'm back on track for today.... but I'm not going to weigh in for a while cuz I know I'm all bloated.

I started work today, after three weeks of vacation time. Its the first time I've left that long, and I just knew I was in trouble this morning.

What do you know, a whole bunch of suspiciously anonymous house elves have attempted to leave a pile of un-finished projects on my desk while I was away.... funny how that happens, huh? I'm thinking that next time I'm out of the office, I'll have one of the logistics staff also remove my desk. That should be pretty funny.

Anyway, back to all the files piled on my desk and which don't belong to me. Weirdly, enough, nobody wants to claim them. I could dig a little and find out who is in charge of these project, but don't have the time. I need new projects along with bullet holes in my head. Good thing I have a trash can. I placed them in my trash can, and left it in the hall way with a sign "Take back your files before the cleaning staff arrives." Ah yes, September is off to a GREAT start. I'm going to make a lot of friends, I just know it.

Anyway, enough about work. Tonight I sauteed some shallots in butter, added turkey breast meat until everything was golden and carmelized, and then added heavy whipping cream and lots of dill leaves and hot red pepper. Delicious! and I'm over 70% fat today. YES!

I am still here, I sort of had a crash and burn episode myself, but starting again the morning to eat clean. It seems like just one thing after another keeps piling up and causing me to get off plan. But I am determined to not let anything stop me. Been at the hospital a lot with my son and his GF they keep having to stop her labor. She will be 36 weeks on Friday and the doc says she can go on to have the baby then if she still is contracting so hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. I have been so busy that I have not had time to eat on plan.
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Sep-04-13, 06:52

Plan: VLC
Stats: 248/188.8/148 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 59%

I was at 216 last weekend (8/24), but went a little off the wagon this weekend, and drank WAYYYYY too much wine. Back on track as of this morning and rearing to go!

Hope all is well with you all!
Kate
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-13, 01:24
Registered Member

BF:

Hey I hit 180 pounds this morning! 25 more pounds to go. I had a good clean work-week. Now I have to motivate myself to keep doing that during the weekend.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-13, 06:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

I was doing really well and had small consistent losses....then I went on vacation. Primarily ate on plan, but eating out three meals a day and the higher food portions were difficult. I went up a couple od lbs and am working to get them off again and continue to lose some more. One thing I haven't done is get regular exercise. I have all the equipment and tapes, so I'm going to set a goal to do a little bit every day this week.
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-13, 22:22

Stats: 203/171/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I was doing really well and finally seeing some losses, but I slipped up yesterday and my weight bounced right back up. How frustrating! I'm trying to not let that derail me, because right now, it's probably just water weight.

I also HAVE to find some convenient high fat snacks that don't involve cheese. Cheese is just too easy as a default food.
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-13, 18:46

Stats: 212.0/175.0/145 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 55%

Keep working at it ferrygirl! Occasionally, you are going to have that slip up. However, if you get right back on it, the weight will continue to come off. I've done pretty well since I started in late May, but if there was really something I wanted, I ate it and then got back on track the next day. This didn't happen too often, but I figured if lc is only way I can keep the weight off long term, I have to do it in a way I can look at it as a new way of eating for life instead of a short term diet plan.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-13, 01:53
Registered Member

BF:

Well september was kindof slow going but these first few days of october have seen a small whoosh. I'm down to 176, so 21 more pounds to go.