Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 20:23

Plan: sustainable local locarb
Stats: 155/135/125 Female 5'4"
BF:No idea!
Progress: 67%

Thanks for posting this. I'm close to my goal but also stuck, or stalled. Reading this advice, will try to eat more fat now, to see if that will help. Already cut out the fake Atkins candy bars too (was eating one every couple days). Have tried to take multiple-vitamins, but they make me feel a little sick unless taken on a full stomach. Lots of good ideas here. Good luck breaking that long stall Benny. Not sure what hcg is...my first reaction (purely a reaction) is to stay away from it. This is a newbie speaking. But even when stuck, this is a healthy way to eat, and that's the first priority.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 20:46
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've been using hcg too. I couldn't lose either. Tried about everything. I use the hcg injections. Found an ND in the area to get them from. Google "Pounds & Inches" which describes the protocol.

It is a short term, very low calorie diet. I've modified it somewhat for myself so that it is also low carb. I've lost 25-ish pounds since January after having been stalled, and even gaining, for many years on LC. It does seem to help the metabolism some. Although I'm not sure how long lasting the effect is. It seemed to wear off after my first round in a couple of months.

Heck, if I had to do a round once a year, I wouldn't mind. I'm on my third round now and feel quite comfortable on the low calorie phase.

We've got a couple of hcg challenge threads in the challenge area.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 or close
Stats: 260/242/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 15%

I just wanted to toss out there that I am reading that low carb can slow the thyroid dramatically as can any long term diet. Your thyroid perceives starvation because of living on ketones for so long...google long term carb thyroid and you'll see what I mean. I have found that intermittently varying is helpful but I think you have to do it more than one day. I have at times gained 10 to go back and lose 15.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 12:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins '72 or close
Stats: 260/242/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 15%

The reason the HCG drops help is that it helps with the thyroid.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-11, 22:14

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%
Exclamation

Just to toss in this bit, the protein we eat on LC should only be 1 gram per kilo of IDEAL weight. For example, I want to get to 140 pounds (about 63 kilos) so I should eat only 63 grams of protein a day. If a man wants to be say, 187 pounds, he should cut his protein down to 850 grams a day. It will turn to glucose if its more than the body needs and act as a carb.