Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 12:17

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 201/178/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default adding carbs

Hi,
I mostly lurk but have a question. I've been doing Schwarzbein for a long time but went off slightly thinking I could without creating a problem. I've learned that when you are IR you can't. I want to know if there is anyone here that has been IR and become IS. And has anyone had to add carbs to because testing shows their glucose levels too low after being high. I had my fasting glucose at 78 and thought I could get away with eating here and there but my glucose levels went way up as did my bp and triglycerides. I know now that I have to take this all the way. But how do you know when you are IS?
Thanks
Michele
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 00:21

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 301.5/301/157 Female 5'6"
BF:52
Progress: 0%
Default not sure about adding but I'm having trouble too!

Hi, Emma -

I remember reading in the Transition book that one would 'know' and some of the signs seemed more symptomatic of a problem of not having enough carbs such as waking hungry in the middle of the night.

I've been working on this for 3 weeks now (tomorrow actually) and I have had 3 setbacks - the worst being last night when I ate ice cream. But it was very obvious to me that I can't continue to go down this path of damage, because I really felt the caffeine in the chocolate keeping me awake, and the sugar in my system felt crappy...

So I know I have to do this... I'm doing the default IRBOA program.
I feel as you do that I'm self-medicating and that it's just going to take some time.

I had a seperate question for anyone out there...do you feel like you went through a kind of detox in the early days?

I had some pretty weird things happening for about 10 days. Still get pretty tired sometimes, but I'm sure it's the BOAs.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 08:21

Plan: SPII, IR/BOA
Stats: 267/233/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Diana

I absolutlely had a detox when I started to go off sugar and cafeine and such. I was really lucky because I had mostly quit sugar anyway and had cut back on caffeine. But even cutting back on good carbs causes symptoms. I know the Zone says that and I believe Adkins does too.

Keep up the SP though it is the best. Good luck. Marianne