Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-01, 22:24

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 285/212/160
BF:
Progress: 58%
Default I'm with you all...

Hi, I too am new to this site. I think it is wonderful. I started low-carbing on 3/15/01 and to date have lost 55 lbs. I am almost half way to my goal weight. I still have another 60 lbs to go.

I love this lifestyle. I find it very satisfying and fun. I like being in control. It is a feeling I thought I would never, ever feel in regards to my eating. It is true, you do have to plan ahead a little bit, but that is what I am good at for the most part.

I am so grateful for all the recipes that are posted on the web. It is very satisfying to go through them and find the ones that I think would taste good to me. It's even more of a thrill when they turn out and are really good.!!!

My daughter and her husband decided to become low-carbers also. They don't have much to loose, 25-30 lbs each. My Son-in-law lost his weight very quickly; you know how men are with their metabolism and all.... Anyway, my daughter continues to work on her losses. She has gone down probably 15 lbs, but the balance is coming off quite slow, which is ok, as she intends to keep up this wol.

My bro also is doing this. He has over 200 lbs to loose. He is down about 40 lbs at this point. I am so proud of him. He has tried the liquid diets and lost over 100 lbs twice and put it back on like everyone else. He was feeling very discouraged about life in general, but this wol has given him hope.

I have to tell you about an experience I had... I had to have a physical for camp this summer. My BP in January was 133/90. The DR said it was starting to get higher each time I went in. In June (after having lost 45 lbs low carbing) the doc's at camp took my BP in a little physical and it was 107/80. I wanted them to take it again on the other arm just to be sure. He was really impressed that I was able to have my BP come down so much without any meds. Needless to say, I was thrilled.

I love this wol. You all can do this too... it is FUN....

Jeanne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 09:27
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Jeanne!

This is a fantastic way of life. Congratulations on finding new "converts". You are going about it in the best way. Leading by example!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 09:37

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Welcome, Jeanne and congrats on your success!! Doesn't it feel great to have found something that not only works so well, but makes YOU well at the same time? Keep up the excellent work!

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-20-01, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/163/145?
BF:
Progress:
Default Great success Jeanne

Hey Jeanne. Good stuff! Keep up the good work and keep on coming back here for the best inspiration and information ever. It has definitely kept me at it. Take care and glad you're on board.
Cheers, Lara