Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 13:25

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default (Re-)Induction is Fun!

I started back on induction today after a less-than-stellar holiday season (I was only up about 3.5 lbs, so it really wasn't bad scale-wise). I had my usual eggs for breakfast and I got a cheeseburger from the joint next door, with their coleslaw that IS NOT sweet.

Yum. I forgot how much fun it was to eat on induction! This really is so easy to do!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 14:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 203/199.4/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good for you. I waited until I was up 20 pounds before deciding to do induction again. You'll take of that 3 1/2 pounds in no time! Good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 14:29

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

Chell921~
You threw me off because at first I thought you were being sarcastic!
Good for you for having the mind set that Induction is fun. Sometimes I think I make this whole diet out to be harder than it really is.
Best wishes.
~Renee
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 14:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - restart 01/01/09
Stats: 240/217/120 Female 5'3"
BF:FAT
Progress: 19%

I find Atkins in General fun to do!!!

I find that I have more fun cooking and experimenting in the kitchen, feeling good and having lots and lots of energy!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 15:33

Plan: Atkins ~ DANDR
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:it is going down!
Progress: 0%

I too took a "break" during the Holidays, but I am struggling. I was almost about to join WW, but it just doesn't make since. This works... Why am I having so mucht rouble. I need to get my head back in it!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 16:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/124/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I also had some carby eating over the holidays & am re-inducing (inducing? inductioning? ). I gave myself 2 days to eat whatever I wanted, but by day 2 I was CRAVING a huge rare steak and spinach with butter and nothing else. Yay, Induction!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 16:53

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Glad you are enjoying it Chell!

I am right here with ya! I love the Induction menu and don't usually eat too far off it, even if I do have more than 20 carbs sometimes.

Julie
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 17:00

Plan: Atkins / High-Fat
Stats: 168/149/138 Female 5' 8"
BF:size: 12/10/8
Progress: 63%
Question

When you (any of you) re-start induction, do you do it for a few days to get back in the swing of things and then return to your previous OWL level, or do you also climb the OWL ladder again by adding in new foods week by week?
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-08-09, 17:30

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by art_kid
When you (any of you) re-start induction, do you do it for a few days to get back in the swing of things and then return to your previous OWL level, or do you also climb the OWL ladder again by adding in new foods week by week?

Since I've been basically maintaining since June-ish, I'm hitting it hard again. I have 20 or so lbs that I still want to lose so I'm making the effort again. Two weeks of serious induction (I'm trying to avoid the nuts and the wine... we'll see how I do with those two thing... they are my downfalls), but it's easy for me to give up the fruit, occasional potatoes that I would eat while maintaining, etc.

I think I'll probably stick with induction for four to six weeks, just to get some of the additional pounds gone then start climbing the ladder again. It was really good to know that I could maintain my weight for so long, and that I even manged to lose an additional five pounds while attempting to maintain.

Good question, btw!

And Lioness... we had a foodie thread going here last year. It was so much fun to see the gourmet food people were eating and cooking while losing weight! Peng1 and I had a riot with the thread and he's lost so much weight he's all but disappeared!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 03:01
Registered Member

Stats: 286/223/155 Female 5'10''
BF:
Progress: 48%

Induction is a lot of fun...no complaints here
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 17:49

Plan: 25 carbs or less a day
Stats: 240.6/240/175 Male 70 inches
BF:Ohh Yeah
Progress: 1%

I too went off low carb and gained 10.5 pounds in 6 days of eating anything and everything I wanted. I have lost the 10.5 and another 3.5 in the last 2 weeks so you can recover fast. I do induction level carbs all the time anyway so getting back on was easy.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 19:11

Stats: 290/243/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Yep, it's suprisingly easy to get back into the routine, I think it helps that I've done this before, so I know a lot of recipes and so forth.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 19:17

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 286/450/215 Male 75.6 Inches/ 192cm
BF:Only Progress....
Progress: -231%

I'll have to say that I agree that it is much simpler to get back on than it used to be. I dropped off after the middle of November, but hit it again this week.
The limitations don't seem that stringent, even when one drops pretty low.
adaptation I guess.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 20:57

BF:

I've lost four lbs this week... and that is with being REALLY REALLY sick. I'm back to the weight I was when I left for Mexico and about 2 lbs above my low weight.

And... I went out to dinner tonight... had a lovely red pepper cream soup that was gluten free and a delicious confit du canard (duck). I think I'm more about being gluten free... and I did that perfectly tonight!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jan-09-09, 21:49
Registered Member

Stats: 270/225.5/205 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 68%

I prefer induction - it fits my way of eating. I'm starting my fourth month and some days I have hardly any carbs, some days I MAY have 30-40 but that's rare. Tonight for the first time in 3 months I had a small red potato with my steak - a big treat :-)

But if I can't have a half dozen donuts, a half a pizza, or a few handfuls of peanut butter M&Ms, I'm just as happy eating eggs, meat, cheese, salad and veggies. I'm not hungry, I don't have any real cravings, I'm a little impatient when the scale says I only lost a pound this week - but when I look at losing 28 pounds in 3 months without being hungry - I can handle it :-)