Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#136   ^
Old Sun, Sep-24-17, 19:48

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Leeann- I hate to tell you that men are single minded and can't think beyond task at hand. Therefore you are wondering why they are not helping- they wonder why you are mad.
Women ???? MEN ??????
Men hear what you say, but may not verbalize, are only present task oriented and can't go beyond that. they need it SPELLED OUT.....

Women- we know what need done without asking because we are women. We are mom, business ladies, volunteers , household, neighbors, friends, and moms and have 13 million things running in the head at the same time and can still function. They fight being in the box every day they live...... IE GOD made woman,,,,,, to help them out...... They can't help it.

So pour glass of wine or whatever and know you are good, loved, and it's genetics. PMS is a wicked thing the universe gave us. Really can blow an evening- the next day hardly a recollection.

KMOM- WELL WELL WELL WELL..... HAHAHAHHAH REPORT. PIZZA?????
------------------
More personals in am

I have spent 6 hours learning this Mac- and then down loading videos from my camcorder- then 3 more hours learning how to save, edit, and upload. Very basic for sure. But starting !!!!!!!!
So pumped...... I love learning this stuff.
Would so love a business taking off .... mine.....
Had all my table surrounding me with all kinds of tech ..... felt like I was at the helm!
BEAM ME UP SCOTTIE.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Sun, Sep-24-17 at 19:56.
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 03:36

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori it is fun reading your trip report
Surprising you are still kinda moving with the ship still, something you should get over fast. Funny but I get like that after a whole day of kayaking...I get done and feel like I am still bobbing and weaving over the waves.

Nicco so hear you about why the family can't figure out WHAT to do and just do it....cause they don't have to think about it, YOU do it all and they just wait for instructions. Same thing here and yes it drives me crazy also!

I get you on the cars with all the boys needing to drive you have to have one for everyone LOL I thought the same, kiddo will be driving in 3.5 yrs and thinking if I break in a new one for her she can have it used from me...and then I will go out and get another for me....omg shoot me on the car thing HAHA---I am way over cars/trucks now big time!

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

fast one, kiddo is yelling she can't find her giant file folder cause she took her tote bag to the sleepover....we look and look, and I got yelled at to help look! then oh wait, she didn't bring the giant file folder home from school so that tragedy is adverted, and now it is 'where is that 1 single piece' of paper she needs out of her tote bag? AND she is being mean as hell right now HAHA I feel like a drink at 5:30am already!!!

have alot of running to do today
I have to run up and pay for my car, then when hubby gets home at 6:30 we will run up and get my friggin' SUV home. and other crap things I have to handle.....oh boy I think kiddo put me in a mood already

great day all
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 04:37

BF:

KMOM- I must have missed that review. Had to go back and look. WOW are they pricy. The good news: It was really tasty- like eating a real pizza. Bad news ya ate the whole thing. I would too. Pizza is a trigger food for me. I could easy polish off a REAL pizza.
Too bad they don't make those smaller- I like the idea of a brat wrap.
You could put shredded chicken, fish taco's, hamburgers. Sounds good. Did you say it was made with dairy or just cali? I am going to go to TJ today to check them out. Then I will need to think about it.
I could easy go off the rails with a trigger food. Plus there is cheese on it....
Glad you wrote your much wanted review.

TRIG- So you did get the SUV. Did you settle on the Pathfinder? What color did you get. Love that new car smell. Did you trade the older one? You are right- you break this one in and it will be a nice one for the kiddo!
Both my kids started on Buicks. They are BIG and BOXY. Perfect for a kid. If I could have started them on a HUMMER I would have felt better. Knock on wood they have never had an accident.

Kiddo running around screaming for her items- OMG- that is laugh out loud funny. I sorta miss that drama. Believe it or not someday you will too!
Ahhhhhh- no shopping for you? I have to admit I do like shopping behind a keyboard. Except for clothes. Everything else yes. I also find I can stay on budget better. I just get that one thing and done.
If I am in a store I tend to over buy. My mom puts her wish list on Amazon a month before Christmas. I go in ....click click click done. Half the time I just wrap the box it comes in. LAZY.........

Blue- I almost sent you my first video for review. But figured you would die laughing! I am still working on it. I will keep it to compare as I get better at it.
When you did your video- did you edit it yourself? It's sorta fun to put stuff in-between clips.
What does your week look like? Is your DS coming home for the holiday's?
Hope your weekend was as laid back as mine- refreshing. It's funny though, my alarm went off and I mentally did the math until I have another weekend!

Leeann- Hoping you are having a better day! I know PMS is no joke- then add men into the mix. I get it! I wasn't down playing your last post. But I think as women and having been with men in our lives we are all nodding.
Sounds like a ladies night should be on your calendar!
Are you doing your CASA case this week? Are you still doing MOW? Do you ever see Mr. Hands anymore? I still think of that wonderful story of the elderly lady (hospice) that was giving you her blessing! Beautiful story.

Lori- Lots of fog! So I have never been on a cruise, I didn't realize you had to pay EXTRA to get off the boat! Wow that sounds pricy. So you pay for the cruise, pay for extra stuff, and pay to get on and off the boat you have already paid to be on?????
I am glad though you had a great time. Hope you feel better. I would have been hurling with waves like that.
Are you working this week? Are you liking the position? Are they scheduling you a lot? So golf is over until Spring? HURRY UP SPRING!!!!
------------------------------------------
As you read I was playing with some new equipment yesterday. Plus I also spent some time with Apple on the line going over how to really use this MAC. It is really different than a PC. I don't think though I will ever go back.
You know what "they say"....... Once Mac...... HAHAHAHA

My pot roast was good. But over it now. There is only so much of that I can eat before I am ready for something else. Not sure what I am in the mood for right now. I have some grassfed beef thawed to make my crack slaw for dinner. I tend to go a little nuts with that too! Especially with the amino's on it.

Hence I need to work on portions!
Ok all - off to serve the man for 8 hours. I have retirement envy!!!!
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 07:43

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hi all!

It's Monday! I know for some of you that is a big thing. I kind of like Mondays. I get to calm down a bit from a busy weekend and organize my life and my house, get some laundry done, pay bills and just chill a bit and enjoy the quiet!

Lori- Hope you enjoy a bit of down time today. Good on you getting laundry and such sorted out. I don't mind laundry. Other chores are a different story! Looking forward to seeing how you like your job.

Jaz- Glad you are starting to work more toward figuring out your Mac capabilities. It is a great machine. I find PCs completely perplexing now.

Trig- I was snickering over you running around trying to help your kid- sounds like my house some days. Kid is freaking out and we are trying to stay calm and help amidst the emotional storm. No wonder these beings wear us out!

KMom- I'm so glad that you liked the crusts! That is great. I'm sure portion control will come- they were new and exciting. To my calculations, at the sale price those are five dollars a crust. That isn't too bad, IMO. I bet the TJs ones are less and of course no shipping. Thanks for doing the review and I'm sorry about the hot arrabbiata sauce!

•••••••••

Jaz asked- Yes, I am still doing MoW. Still have Mr Overhuggy on my route but don't see him as much bc sometimes when I come in he is not on the main level and doesn't hear me when I call out. The lady who blessed me isn't on my route anymore but when I asked there was no medical report on her.

For CASA, I usually see my CASA baby once a week at her daycare. I try to also see her at home about twice per month. Additionally I might have other meetings or court dates here or there.

Another crazy busy week for DH at the DC office so I will be holding down the fort here. Trying to have a quieter week bc last week was really hectic. That might have contributed to my weekend meltdown.

Sophie continues to heal well. She is pottying better but she does have some swelling in one area so I might call the vet and see if they want to see her or not.
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 13:48

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds:

Thursday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 5/6, KMom 7/5
Friday: Blue 4/3, Jaz 2/6, KMom 6/5
Saturday: Blue 3/3, Jaz 3/5, KMom 4/5

Let's do this!
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 14:11

BF:
Progress:

Blue:
I love eating fresh, ripe tomatoes too! Nothing like a good homegrown tomato! I am hoping you have some till the end of October, or maybe even into November. Well, that is if hubby hasn't made green tomato salsa out of them! Wow, weird weather. I did not go out much. Too hot and humid. Dehydration has always been a trigger for my A-Fib, so just stayed in my cool home.

Lori:
Must feel good to be unpacked and settled in again in a non-moving place! Glad the cruise went so well, even with the fog. I am getting ready to book mine, but still researching. Twenty-eight people going! Yikes! My kids and grandkids are so excited! Say, do you stay in the middle part of the ship? That was suggested to me since at least one family will probably deal with seasickness. Also, we will need to stay in the interior part due to costs. My brother said that is where he stays, because he said you are rarely in your room anyway! I am not sure about excursions. I think some of my kids want to go on one. But that will add to the cost. I need to research that more.

Nic:
Happy Monday! Hope it is a great one! I love the name you gave Mr. Overhuggy! I can just picture him wanting too many hugs. But I bet that made his day. I just saw a video of a woman who lost her husband. She is old now...like maybe even 100! She still makes dresses for a ministry called, "Samaritan's Purse." It was so moving to watch. Anyway, she talked about how her husband had died in his 30's. She said that no-one's touch ever feels the same as his. Made me tear up. So true. So glad there are people like you that let Mr. Overhuggy hug!

Trig:
So familiar about the kid screaming that she can't find something. Man, I remember those days. With so many kids, I had to demand to have them get ready the night before and check their backpacks for notes that needed to be signed. But no matter what I did, there always seemed to be something that showed up the next morning that needed IMMEDIATE attention from mom. Guess it just part of being a kid! I love hearing about your kiddo! I KNOW you are a great mom!

Jaz:
One crust can be used for three or four brats. You can just bake it and use what you want, and put the rest in the fridge. That is what I did. Had the leftover crust and the last brat this morning. Ooooooooo.....so good! The crust is a circle, so it was challenging to figure out how to make shapes that looked like hot dog buns! Plus, I cut off quite a bit because I wanted to taste the actual crust itself. So tasty even without anything on it! Here is what it says on the box: Handcrafted, low glycemic, low carb, flourless, no artificial preservatives. Ingredients: cauliflower, mozzarella cheese (pasteurized milk, cultures, salt, enzymes), eggs, roasted garlic and pepper seasoning (garlic, red peppers, salt, roasted garlic, citric acid, and extractives of numeric, and annatto).
  #142   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 14:17

BF:
Progress:

Whew! Glad I did not lose that post. Decided to post personals in case I lost it.

Me:
After the over indulgence of pizza and carbs yesterday, I am back to being in control. Actually, carb count came in OK, but it was just not a good decision. I think the way these crusts are going to come in the most handy for me, is when I need to bring something in the car because I will be gone over the lunch hour. SD and I like to take off in the morning and then come home in the afternoon. She LOVES to bring rice with bacon and stuff in it and some treats. I typically bring some tuna wrapped in LB, mac nuts, and a half an avocado. Now I can bring a pizza of pizza!!! Or maybe even two! Pretty excited about this!

Busy tutoring my little Tibetan marvel. She blesses my heart. I work her SO hard. But we have a ton of fun also. She is an eager learner! When we are done, she LOVES to play Old Maid. I also taught her a card game...War...which is great for her knowing what numbers are higher than others.

Bought two GIGANTIC tubs of Lean protein powder. GNC had a sale of buy one, get one half off. I really like this stuff! I am going to try and use it as a replacement meal a few times each week.

K-Mom 10x4
  #143   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 16:38

BF:

Leeann- Love you are still doing MOW- wonderful, and CASA. The thing is how do you do that and not get attached? I know how to do that as a nurse. But I will say there have been a few cases I have to be removed from. Child abuse would be one of those cases. I would not be able to be impartial to the parents. I may have to take off the nurse hat and meet them in the parking lot!
But I am so glad there are people like you that CAN intervene!

I am glad you get a "down- putter day" We all need it regardless of what day of the week it falls. The jammie days are the very best.

KMOM- ok I am off to TJ tomorrow. Was going to go today, but goofed off to long in Ulta looking at makeup. I decided to go a bit cheaper in the Loral isle- will see if that is a mistake. I am so sensitive.
Awesome though you know have another tool in the box for food! We all need that! I am going to try it. Friday is my day!
I know I am sucking in the water dept! Will try harder. My pee- (sorry) was so dark- Not good, this I know.

Trig- DETAILS DETAILS about your new ride! I AM so excited for you! Sometimes I get car envy. Not often. I am like you- if it gets me from point A to B- could care less. Plus I will love the non car payments. Everytime I see a truck 1500 beside me I think of your post....... OH..... THAT????? Back yard truck....
Lori - Blue- see prior post- Hope your day was wonderful!
--------------------------------------------------------
So my one gal is now fully into Ketosis and has dropped 30 pounds. I say this with the best intentions. My GOD SHE LOOKS AMAZING!
She was my size and has left me in the dirt under my advice.....

She really embraced it. And she feels great!!!!! The other gal has lost 15- and slow and go but feeling good. Both give me credit. I have picked up another client at work. She wants a consultation- word is spreading. I passed out my cards to those who ask.

I will have to say I am a bit I don't even have a word for it. People are dropping if they take my counsel. ME>>>>>> WTF?????
I want to look like my gal at work- she really was jaw dropping. She has worn baggy clothes for years and waltzed in in a fitted pencil dress. I about fell outta my seat as did everyone- she passed put my cards.

And ME???????? I am NOT cheating..... I even do the eating window. I am still FAT- My gal- HOT...... We WERE same size.
So dam frustrated.
People who do what I tell them are successful. Me- I walk it !!!! WHAT THE .......
Sorry- I am so ------I don't understand. I am not a binger, I do what I say I do. I did the video this weekend and saw my neck was bigger than ever. The last time I was in doctors office he said he felt "pebbles" in my thyroid. But yet my levels are normal?
Something is WRONG-
I have been struggling for months - I need to throw dishes ......HAHAAHAHAHA
So sorry for the vent- I want to do this on the side but feel I can't this heavy. It is hindering my passion. I would have the same thought of someone bigger than me telling me how to get fit!

Ok- enough........ I love I can write here. Suggestions?????????????????????????????????

Have great evening
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 19:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Late check in for me. I seem to have come down with some kind of sinus thing complete with sore throat. Feel miserable. Not good since I have to work tomorrow. Hoping to feel better in the morning.

Jaz...sorry for the confusion....you don't have to pay to get on and off the cruise ship! You only pay if you want to go on excursions by bus or van with a tour company with guide etc. You can simply get off and wander around on your own or hire a local taxi or guide. It was just easier to book our excursions thru the cruise line and be done with it. All arranged and all we had to do was show up.

I'm off to bed. Not sure I'll be able to sleep with this pounding head and sore throat. Fingers crossed.

Later!
  #145   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 19:39

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic and all---Oh, I have stuff to say on the husband/son/man thing. First of all, my absolute empathy! And Imo, you handled it exactly right. Tell them DIRECTLY what you want and what you need. Also, good to do that before you get all pissed off. This has been very helpful for me to employ with my guys.

Here's the thing. Men and women are very different. Yeah, yeah, we share our humanity and all that, but after that, we think and act differently. And I'm not part of the club that thinks women are smarter or more superior. We do some things better. They do some things better.

No, they are NOT thinking like we are. They are NOT noticing the things we are. But I would say, the same is true in reverse. I think women have a tendency to expect men to read their minds, to notice what seems so obvious to us, without us having to say much. After all, often our close women friends do this for us, so why not our men?

I find that good men react well to plain speaking. "I need more of this. Do you think that's reasonable?" Discuss.

But I don't mean this at all to suggest that men are simpletons who need our great graces to be better. My SIL is a woman supremacist, always sure that we know more and act better. Somewhat of a man hater, due to experiences I don't think she's taken the time to resolve for herself. It bugs me.

Yeah, men can be confusing and infuriating. Believe me, so can we. I just find that direct communication works well with men. And don't expect them to read your mind. They have their own skills, which those of us who are happily married would not want to be without. Don't wait around for them to do what we think is "the right thing." Just ask for it, plain out. And again, discuss.

Sorry to go off a bit on this, but this was something I learned in my marriage the hard way, long ago. If it's helpful, use it, If not, ignore me.

Jaz---To answer your question, no I'm not doing my own video resume. Luckily I have a first rate editor I've worked with for years who is doing it for me, gratis. I have brought him a lot of work, and will bring him more if I get the chance. He knows that, and anyway, we're pals. I am very lucky to have this resource, as I could never do this on my own.

On the subject of your "clients" losing faster than you have. I just want to give you a hundred hugs on this. I'm sure that's hard. To have them take the advice you live by and have bigger results sooner cannot be easy. I don't know the answer to this, but the thyroid thing might be worth checking out again. Might also be worth searching out nutritionists who are ahead of their time. Don't know how to do this, but there must be a way.

I agree it's a mystery as to why you are not dropping at least bit by bit, here and there. Seems your body has embraced this weight and will not let go. I too have experienced this on and off in my life. Like now for instance. Don't know the answers. But ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND, you are not gaining.

BUT, one thing I will say, is that what you weigh OBVIOUSLY has NOTHING to do with how much those you have helped trust you. Girl, look at what you've done for these couple of women!!! You know your stuff, they trust you, and their results are proving your right. You are HELPING them, plenty. Don't ever forget that and don't ever think you have to be a skinny girl to make them believe in you. Evidence clearly proves the opposite!

Trigger---OMG, I just grinned reading about your AM w/the kiddo. Have to admit half of the grin is that I don't have to deal w/this anymore. (But the other side is I miss those years when I did have to deal w/it, when my son was a kid, and here.)

I can say absolutely, 90% of our arguments were about getting up, getting organized and getting to school. He was, like his mama, a night bird from the get go. Mornings were painful for him. He did not awake easily. It was a struggle to get him out of bed every dang morning, and then YES, making sure he had everything he needed.

LOL, loved when you said, "she's really mean this morning." Hahahaha. I could so empathize with that! And yeah, you can try to get her prepared the night before, as we did, and sometimes that worked, and sometimes it didn't.

Kids are a lot of freaking work. Good thing they can occasionally be so adorable and yummy, you decide over and over again not to throw them out the window.

K-mom---Happy to read your review on the pizza crusts. I will see if they have them at my TJ's, and if not, will talk to the mgr. about getting them. This sometimes works.

They ARE pricey, so wouldn't want to make a habit out of them, and although I could get them on Amazon, they're not available for prime free shipping. But I think I would like to try them for when hubby occasionally makes his excellent homemade pizza---then he could just do mine on these crusts---including my fave, a margarita pizza w/fresh tomatoes. Sadly, we are finally almost to the the end of the lovely bounty you gifted us with. We have not let ONE fresh tomato go to waste, and have SO enjoyed them.

Monday water---3/3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I had a lovely Monday. Temps dropped, it was cool and cloudy and my Morticia bone got itched just right.

Did a bit of work in the morning, then putzed around the house a bit, then read myself into a lovely nap on the sofa. I did not sleep well last night.

I got involved in this series and stayed up late last night to watch the end of it, and was all stimulated and wide awake when I finally tucked myself in.

Jaz---I was watching this series called "The Time In-between" on Netflix, and I particularly think YOU would love it. Story of a dressmaker in Spain between the Spanish civil war and WWII. The clothes are magnifico, particularly as she grows in her trade. You, like me, would love this part of it.

It is also SO lushly shot, and it's a good story. You watch one or two, and I promise you you'll be totally hooked Takes you from Madrid to Morocco and back to Madrid. My only caveat is that it is in Spanish w/subtitles. Subtitles rarely bother me as I get used to them. However, these subtitles could occasionally move along too fast or be in the wrong area of the screen to read easily and fast. But I got used to that too, and you always get what's going on enough anyway.

I binge watched all 17 episodes over the weekend while hubby was gone. Loved it. What a trip to a different world and time, just what I needed.

On plan. Fasted again between iced coffee and cream, and soup for dinner, because it just worked. Whenever it works, I let it work!

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Sep-25-17 at 19:56.
  #146   ^
Old Mon, Sep-25-17, 19:40

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

LOL, another stem winder from Blue. Sometimes I press submit and cannot believe what I've wrought.
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 04:58

BF:

Good Morning all- slow cup of coffee this morning. Not a fast morning for me. It feels like a Monday- so glad it's not.

Blue- I will most definitely look up that series. I will tell ya- I just love NETFLIX! I really do like getting lost in a good story, either book, or series. I love that type of story that transports to a different time and place. Seems our real time and place is too much sometimes at least for me.
If I could travel back in time for a minute it would be the 1920's. My grandparents used to talk about that time a lot fondly. Things seemed simpler then- less complicated. People actually spoke to each other - they didn't have their heads buried in a cell phone!
As tragic as the Titanic movie was I enjoyed it until it hit the water.

There was another movie you would enjoy. I can't remember the name. I want to say it was The Letter. This couple fell in love across time lines by reading and writing letters to each other. I won't ruin the end in case you have not seen it. Darn- I think that was the title.
Ever want to bring something to the from of your thoughts and it just isn't happening???? LOLOLOLOLOL - need more coffee.

I love a good tomato too- not a store bought one! Yummmmm -

Leeann- I agree we all need our quite time. Especially as givers. We need to give back to ourself. But you also said you were PMS. Those hormones are NO joke.

I know I have written at length about my surgery, hormones and all. I will tell you I had HORRIBLE PMS- prior to surgery.
I seriously could be laughing one minute and in tears the next. I feel ya- it's a real thing. Are you having any night sweats yet? Maybe you are too young. I started "feeling" perimeno in my early 40's.
Glad that is over for another month anyway!

I know you love your MOW - assignment! I would love it too! You know those people are just WAITING to see YOU! For some of those little folks you are the highlight of their day! How wonderful we still have angels like you in this day and age!

KMOM- Thank you for sharing about your crusts. Always love some good ideas. I have time today to go to TJ- to see is they have them here. Did you say they were the same ones?
I have found that even though some products are the same they don't taste the same. IE..... Riced Cali. I have tried all brands - Birdseye- gets my business.
Agreed- water water water- thanks for the push in the right direction!

Trig- did you get the RIDE??????? Did you settle on the Pathfinder?
Hope you are having the same beautiful sun and heat we are having! Still summer here.

Lori- So sorry you feel crappy. Maybe you need some good rest after traveling the world!!!!!
I wonder if you picked up a bug from the trip? It is that time of year! Unfortunately. Hopefully you will recover quick!
--------------------------------------------------------
Quick one from me- I said all I wanted to say last night!
The positive- yes BLUE- I can be proud that I am at least helping others..

Have you ever know someone and really don't see their "size" because of their personality? I wonder if that is the case with me. I know I have a very "big" personality. I actually have to "tone it down" at work. It is just who I am. My body doesn't fit my personality- YET!!!!! It will!!!!

Ok- done with that.
My boss graced me with her presence for a day after being gone for 2 weeks yesterday. Now she is off again for a week- to some bigwig meeting. So I am holding down the fort so to speak!
Have a staff meeting this morning and another meeting this afternoon to discuss patients.

Death by meeting- if I don't return. LOLOLOLOL Gotta run- LATE AGAIN!!!!!
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 05:26

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Feeling a bit better this morning after a decent night's sleep. Throat still a bit sore and have some sinus drainage making me have a dry cough..but I'll live.

I only work 4 hours today(12:30-4:30). I may have to ask the boss to allow me to have a water bottle at my register as if I start coughing, I'll need some water. Typically you're not allowed to have water on the sales floor. I hope I'm on a register today and not sitting doing more training on the computer..ugh.

I have a meeting set up with a new weight loss client for Thursday. My first one never called me again, so I guess she was not ready to do the work. I'm hoping my new client has great success. We all know that your head has got to be in the right place to make it work.

Speaking of making it work, I decided to weigh in and face the music. I am hoping the shock will get my mind right. Turns out I gained 4 lbs. Not too bad considering what and how much I ate for 9 days.

I'm going to fast for 15 hours before breaking my fast this morning. I feel it is key for getting the fat burning going again. I want to have a good breakfast before heading to work, so I'll eat around 10 or so.

Well, it sounds like our trip to Key West is on! Parts of the Keys were really devastated, but Key West was spared the worst. The first cruise ship post hurricane stopped there on Sunday. I know they are desperate to get tourists back as their economy depends on tourism. I have been following the hotel page on FB and some other sites as well. I know things won't be perfect, but I know we'll still have a good time.

Oh my.....coughing my head off. Need to hydrate and try to get this under control. Have a great day!
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 06:05

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

omg I wrote a long post and personals and then went up and hit one of my bookmarks by mistake and it took me to another page and I lost it all....you know what I want to say here...*(& *&* ***(& and way more and I did it all on my own.

will catch up later
busy busy

man that irks me when I do this to myself!!!!!!

great day all---geez ya know!
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 07:02

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Kmom- Love hearing about the time you are spending with the little Tibetan girl. (Is that how you say it? Tibetan? I am guessing here.) Sounds like you are both benefitting. You put a tremendous amount of energy into the things that you do- when you do something I believe you do it full-on and well.

Jaz- Oh believe me, I do get attached to my clients, whether on MoW or with my CASA kid. I've been with the CASA kid now for a year and a half- since she was a baby. She's attached to me too- she cried when I left daycare last week. But the good news is that she is in a wonderful, caring home with relatives so I don't have to worry about her at all. That is not always the case!

Girl, my heart goes out to you. It really does. I agree that you need more extensive looking at your thyroid for sure. The only other thing I can think of it maybe using a scale and measuring out portions and seeing if that makes any difference at all, but I can't imagine that would be it. I know you are so happy for your ladies' success but I know for sure I would also be a little bit jealous/irritated because it just isn't fair!! It is only human to feel that way IMO.

Lori- I'm sorry you are feeling icky. Not a great way to have to go into work, that is for sure. Maybe take an Advil or two before you go- I find that helps tremendously. Has the rocking motion ceased for you now?

Trig- HATE when I lose a post. So annoying! So do you have your new car? And it is the Pathfinder?

Blue- Absolutely agree about the differences between men and women. No doubt! And Lord knows he is "better" at plenty of other things, or notices things I don't etc etc. Fact is, he could have been a woman and I would have freaked out just the same last weekend, KWIM? I was clearly tapped out from taking care of Sophie. I seem to have about a three day limit of taking care of someone in a fully generous way before I smack hard into a wall. I have reacted the same way with my kids as well. Thankfully almost all illnesses seem to turn a corner by then!

Lucky you with your temp drop! I can hardly wait. I am over this completely!!

••••••••••

So I went and looked at my calendar again and it wasn't even PMS related- I am not due until the 3rd (or earlier) but realistically that kind of crap wouldn't come up until next week if at all. So I was just losing my mind in general, apparently. LOL!!

Re: perimenopause- I have no idea where I am in that. I'm 48 so you'd think it would be an issue and at times it has felt like it is but a lot of "symptoms" I'd been dealing with cleared up with weight loss. I do get moodier for sure when I am eating badly. Direct correlation.

Bought my ticket for Houston and the class reunion in October! Looking forward to that and even more, looking forward to spending time with my Bestie.

Took Sophie in to have her swelling looked at- I was pretty positive it wasn't infected but really needed to have the vet eyeball it to be sure. She said it was fine- just fluid filling in the "dead space" where they took stuff out and that it should dissipate on its own. Other than that her recovery seems good. No lab results until Wednesday now- they aren't in yet.

I think I might take a walk or a hike later on today- I could use it and it is nice and sunny out.

I need to get started on this book for my book club - it is called "Homegoing." I've put off starting bc it is not a book I would have reached for typically. Hopefully I will like it once I've gotten going. I just finished a book called The Arrangement that was a good quick read.
Closed Thread