Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Dec-31-09, 15:49
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default #15 12/29/2009

Trainer: ...

chest press 146 (+4)
leg curl 125 (+3)
leg press 290 (+10)
row 200 (+6)
lumbar 170 (+4)
ab 94 (0)
neck 61 (+1)

shoulder rotator L forward ? ()
shoulder rotator L back ? ()
shoulder rotator R forward ? ()
shoulder rotator R back ? ()

New trainer (forgot his name). We didn't do the new workout due to lack of time to set up) so did the old one again. On the leg curl at the top of the movement it feels like the hams are pulling straight back on the top of the tibia in way that stresses the PCL in an unnatural way. I'll talk to the trainer about this next time, maybe a reduced ROM would help. Also, the leg press is getting VERY difficult to get moving on the first rep (due to plate stiction, according to Jason) and it's getting harder to keep face, jaw and other muscles relaxed while moving the weight, which I need to be very careful about to avoid EIH.

Forgot to get the weights on the shoulder rotator - pretty sure they went up though. I'm really liking this machine. I don't think it's going to completely cure the left shoulder injury, but they both are feeling more stable.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Jan-08-10, 20:38

Plan: Pimentel for IBS
Stats: 107/156/168 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Wyvrn,

I've been doing slow HIT for a while. I've been following McGuff's BBS for about a year. It was very hard for me to let go of doing 3 days cardio and 2 days of resistance each week. But now I am the better for it.

It's nice to see another LCer following the program. Do you ever participate on McGuff's blog on the BBS site?

moises
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Jan-22-10, 18:18
Dog is my copilot

BF:

Hey Moises - sorry, I've been too busy to update this log, though I have been working out faithfully every week and continue to go up in weights on the new w/o. One of these days I'll transcribe my w/o progress from my phone.

I have tried a couple of times to post on Doug's site but I think my posts are getting caught in the spam filter because they never showed up. Do you post there?
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 17:07

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

OMG. you make me want to go work out so bad!! So I notice you are almost at goal....have these workouts stalled weight loss due to muscle formation? How do you look in comparison to when you started?
So you just do a large muscle exercise on a machine to failure? I am definitely going to try to do this....i keep on trying to get the book at the library but to no avail.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 19:28
Dog is my copilot

BF:

Hey Carne, I'm using machines, 1 set each on 6-8 exercises with one or two of the machines being large compound (for example, the leg press and pull down) and the rest fairly isolated. All to concentric failure, plus one or two forced reps on most of them. It's a short workout but brutal.

As for how I look - I'm about a size smaller in jeans (12-14 women's or 32" relaxed men's, depending on brand) and my shape has certainly adjusted. Mostly, I'm just harder all over and much stronger.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Feb-22-10, 21:10

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

and, if you dont mind me asking....are you bulky or lean? That's an unfounded fear or mine...but I still g2 ask.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Feb-23-10, 15:18
Dog is my copilot

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne!
and, if you dont mind me asking....are you bulky or lean? That's an unfounded fear or mine...but I still g2 ask.
I am still a lot fatter than I'd like to be At 5'2" and 170# (I really should update my profile) but have lost fat and gained LBM since I started doing HIT, so even though my weight is stable I'm leaner than I was. I'd think if you continue to eat at maintenance and avoid overtraining you shouldn't gain fat. I can understand this fear though, since I actually gained fat and lost lean mass a couple of years ago working out too much and eating too many carbs, which were supposedly needed (per my trainer) to fuel workouts.