Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jul-06-07, 20:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/174/140 Female 5ft 2in
BF:
Progress:
Default ruby tuesday like cheesecake?

i'm definately going to try these cheesecake recipes, i like the idea of a crushed walnut crust. I used to eat the ruby tuesday cheesecake with one net carb and i loved it and was just soooo disappointed when they quit serving it. I also heard that the cheesecake factory has a low carb cheesecake and am wondering just how good it is. does anyone know of any cheesecakes or wonderful desserts you can get low carb at any of these places? Cheesecake gets me through when i want something sweet and i always still lost weight so i hope to come up with a good substitution.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-07, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: Natural/organic low-carb
Stats: 412/251.5/175 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Here's my cheesecake recipe, which has been around the Internet for years:

MYRA'S NEW YORK-STYLE CHEESECAKE

Crust:
1 1/4 cups finely ground almonds (almond flour) OR other nuts
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Topping:
2 cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar

Filling:
3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, combine the almonds, cinnamon, 1 tablespoon sweetener and melted butter until combined. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake in the oven about 10-15 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Watch carefully so it doesn’t burn! Chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.

In a bowl, mix the sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon sweetener until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup sweetener until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each addition. Blend in the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan, and bake at 350 degree for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and center comes clean. With a spatula, spread the sour cream mixture over the top, making sure you reach to the edges of the pan. Return cake to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.

Remove cake from oven, allow to cool to room temperature (cake will settle in the pan). Slide a knife around the edge of the cake to loosen it, then remove the springform ring. Keep chilled in the refrigerator.

Makes 16 servings, about 5 grams of carbs per serving if made with an almond crust.

Enjoy!

Myra