Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, May-01-11, 09:14

Plan: <20 net, <1518 cals
Stats: 351.5/230.2/165 Female 5'11"
BF:5’11”
Progress: 65%

I totally feel for ya. I am finally learning that the key for me is denying the instant gratification and looking forward to the bigger prize in the end. I know that if I can just distract myself long enough, cravings eventually go away within minutes. Glad to see you are back on plan

WE can do this!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, May-01-11, 09:15
Got MEAT!?!?!?!

Plan: whatever works =)
Stats: 316.8/191.1/180 Female 5.7
BF:too much
Progress: 92%

The thing that helped me is I finally "got it" I realized I can not eat the way I was eating. Thats what got me to over 300 lbs to start with. So I find low carb options for the things I crave and do my best to stay on plan. The littlest slip up and I crave all kinds of things. Remember this is your health, your life...live it with the mind set of all the things you CAN have not what you CANT have!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 00:12
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%

GEM
you've lost over 100lbs! that is awesome. so many are going for the lap band to loss that much. i think it is great that you are doing it with determination and willpower. if you don't learn how to eat right and how to eat less you will gain it back so why go through the pain and danger of surgery? many if not most of the lap band folks gain it back.

anyway, thanks for the encouragement and advice. i will certainly listen to you. i think you have proven that you know what you are talking about, at least for what works for you. it may work for me.

square, it is true that if you leave it the craving often goes away. my problem is those times that it doesn't...i have to have a game plan for those times. eating the "cake" is not an option because i won't stop eating for a week. i think i will try eating bacon as was mentioned. bacon is so good (not as good as cake, but i will have to do).

we can do this people! one pound down at a time. (still afraid to weigh myself after the cup cake incident and the following incidents... been right on for days though)
  #19   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 07:38

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers4me
bacon is so good (not as good as cake, but i will have to do).

I am at the point where I would choose bacon over cake. Any time, anywhere.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 07:47
Got MEAT!?!?!?!

Plan: whatever works =)
Stats: 316.8/191.1/180 Female 5.7
BF:too much
Progress: 92%

Bacon is the food of GODS!! Snack on MEAT!! I love me some meat!!! hehe
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-05-11, 00:39
Registered Member

BF:
Default choose meat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I am at the point where I would choose bacon over cake. Any time, anywhere.

well , i hope to choose meat over cake at all times starting this minute, but choosing and preferring are two different things. i love cake. one day maybe i won't, but today I LOVE CAKE!!!!!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 07:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196/196/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress:

I only managed 3 days before having a terrible weekend, yesterday in particular, was suffering with a terrible migraine that I get due to tom, and have a lot of water retention also….anyway, after going down 3 pounds from last Tues to Sat morning, this morning I had GAINED 7 pounds……I felt sick, really sick, I know some of it is due to the tom but seriously what an idiot I am…….i really, really need to get focused this week…..even though I think of this as a long term eating plan I also need to just focus on a week at a time as that way I don’t feel like I am letting myself down so much…….
The only slight problem is that I am visiting family on Saturday and the meals aren’t that big and are going to contain either potato or rice, so a little unsure what to do as if I cut that out there wont be enough protein to fill me up and I don’t really want to make a big deal out of what I can and cant eat…..will have to play it by ear…..but for the rest of this week all will be fine………
The stupid thing is that when I do go back to eating naff like before I don’t feel great for it anyway………I am luckily not struggling too much today getting back on plan as sometimes I really get hungry in between meals etc when I have pigged out on carbs…….
  #23   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 07:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 196/196/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress:

I only managed 3 days before having a terrible weekend, yesterday in particular, was suffering with a terrible migraine that I get due to tom, and have a lot of water retention also….anyway, after going down 3 pounds from last Tues to Sat morning, this morning I had GAINED 7 pounds……I felt sick, really sick, I know some of it is due to the tom but seriously what an idiot I am…….i really, really need to get focused this week…..even though I think of this as a long term eating plan I also need to just focus on a week at a time as that way I don’t feel like I am letting myself down so much…….
The only slight problem is that I am visiting family on Saturday and the meals aren’t that big and are going to contain either potato or rice, so a little unsure what to do as if I cut that out there wont be enough protein to fill me up and I don’t really want to make a big deal out of what I can and cant eat…..will have to play it by ear…..but for the rest of this week all will be fine………
The stupid thing is that when I do go back to eating naff like before I don’t feel great for it anyway………I am luckily not struggling too much today getting back on plan as sometimes I really get hungry in between meals etc when I have pigged out on carbs…….
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-09-11, 22:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/212/135 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

I fell off the wagon too, right when I was starting to see the weight loss. You don't have to feel too bad. 45lbs is a lot!
  #25   ^
Old Wed, May-11-11, 00:04
Registered Member

BF:

samcou,
getting started is the hardest part for me. after you get past two weeks you will be okay. that first two weeks can be a killer though. i prepare a weeks worth of food with plenty of low carb snacks. i do low carb "perfectly" so i can see results fast because that helps me continue and say no to temptation and People who want you to stay fat. exercise from the first day so that you feel good and maximize your weight loss right away. stay off the scale for at least a week. YOU CAN DO IT!

i am back on the wagon. did a fun ZUMBA class today and did not eat more than planned. i'm feeling good again and pray that it will last another 20lbs before i even think about falling again. i have to come to terms that i can not eat sugar! sugar is my crack. it ruins my life like a form of crack (never have done any drug stronger than sugar, but i am assuming). physically, mentally, emotionally. sugar is the enemy.

even with this knowledge i get sad thinking that i can never have a frosted cupcake again without going through withdrawal and rehab to get it out of my system. at least crack makes you thin...

wait, i was saying i am happy and doing better so let me keep this positive. i am pretty sure i will see weight loss tomorrow. i am back on the road to success.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, May-11-11, 06:12

Plan: OWL
Stats: 280/249/175 Female 73.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

Have you put too many carbs back? It could be that your natural state of fat metabolism is so insulin resistant that whatever amount of carbs you are eating now are triggering your hunger. It is possible that you need to raise your fat level, or go back to induction for a while (hopefully you were not hungry on induction). My family has diabetes mellitus and I find that I can only stay at the lowest levels of carb intake, or gain weight (and be hungry). I don't think I will ever be able to go over maybe 20 carbs per day Max.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, May-11-11, 07:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

something I read once on this board struck me deep as I was struggleing - if you aren't hungry for meat then you are not hungry. Also, read the crap out of the board when you are struggling - it helps.