Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-26-14, 05:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:
Default Help!?

Hi I am new to all of this and have in the past two weeks been doing Atkins to the letter. The past few days I have felt awful: nausea, thrush, coated tounge, leg aches, foggy head etc.y past diet has been very very high in sugar and carbs following the loss of my son I turned to comfort. My ? Is could this be now that I have a problem with candidia?

I am from London in England. Am off out now to the health food shop and need some advice on what to get to help me feel better and what to do!

Rhian
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-26-14, 07:45

Plan: the FightDoctors plan
Stats: 215/171/165 Male 177 cm
BF:
Progress: 88%

Yes a diet high in carbs can be a cause for opportunistic candida infection. The coating on the tongue could also be candida so linked in.

However, What you are describing sounds more than simply eating a lot of sugar in the past, and stopping it now.

The health food shops are likely to suggest pro-biotic type supplements as a way of getting good bacteria back to the levels you want them at.

As far as supplements go I am a fan of kids supplements as these are normally way below the 100% RDA that a lot of adult supplements are at. This normally means they can be redly absorbed and do not lead to stomach disturbance.

I am going to make a suggestion that I know you have had in one of the other threads. This sounds a bit more than just diet related, and you may well benefit from popping off to see your GP. It may be nothing, it may be coincidental, but it could be more, and you could do with having it checked out. I hope you have a good relationship with your GP and that he does not simply fob you off saying its this fad diet you are on. As that is neither helpful for you or the situation!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-26-14, 11:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/195/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress:

Thanks I will see how I go, am flying out to madrid tomorrow so am not sure how well I will beable to stick to low carb for the rest of the week. If no better I will go to my gp. I know what they will say its a fad diet and you are depressed so what get on with it
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-26-14, 11:31

Plan: the FightDoctors plan
Stats: 215/171/165 Male 177 cm
BF:
Progress: 88%

Europe is normally easier to stick to low carb than the uk. They like salad leaves, fatty dressings and meat. Just keep a positive attitude and do not look at what you can not do, and enjoy the bits you can do.

I would like to say give the GP some slack or something like that but I fear you are correct :-(. God knows what will happen when people end up coming to see me LOL.

If you are lucky you will find that most of the issues are stress related, and that a good holiday may help more than you can think.