Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#421   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 13:19

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

Meme#1 - Well we cannot even grow citrus here. My wife has a kaffir lime tree she grows in a big pot as the leaves are an essential ingredient in many Thai dishes. It's one of the ones we have to baby every winter. Even the heartier varieties of citrus we've tried to grow in the ground have all died in the freezes but we've never had a problem with our pom. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
  #422   ^
Old Tue, Oct-10-17, 20:16

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Citrus definitely doesn't like freezes and in fact until about 5-10 years ago I only saw citrus trees far south from me in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas were there are citrus groves as far as the eye can see. I think we didn't have freezes here in my area for several years so people began planting them not knowing that if we have one of those years, they would all die in my area.
So thanks about the Pomegranate info, now I'm definitely going to buy the first one I see.
  #423   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-17, 16:03
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I stopped watering my tomato plants after a bountiful harvest in early September. I had more tomatoes that I knew what to do with. But little tomatoes kept popping up. Not watering the plants they were small (2 to 3 oz) and ripened more slowly - one or two at a time. That was perfect. I was having a nice fresh sliced up tomatoes on my dinner salad most every night. Those small tomatoes continued through September and October. We had our first hard freeze a week ago. The tomato plants are dead. I enjoyed my little garden this year. I'll do it again next year - perhaps a little bigger next time.

Last edited by khrussva : Mon, Nov-20-17 at 16:09.
  #424   ^
Old Mon, Nov-20-17, 20:46

BF:

That's great Ken that you grew so many nice tomatoes this year. I love the taste of vine ripe tomatoes, it's good like nothing else. Did you take any pictures?
I'll bet your family was happy to have such nice fresh tomatoes.

I have oranges ripening right now and also a tree full of lemons that haven't started ripening yet, there all still green.
I've only had one orange so far, as a rare treat. The sugar is so darn high so I can't make a habit of it. I need to give some away, I think.

Happy Gardening!!
  #425   ^
Old Thu, Feb-01-18, 13:33

BF:

I decided to take out my Vegatti that has been hiding back in the cabinet for a while and make use of it.

I spiraled 2-3 Zucchini, let them drain in colander for a couple of hours.
Tip on making the zoodles, don't keep going and make them 3 feet long but stop at 2-3 inches and repeat.

Scrambled a couple of eggs
Add zoodles and dredge in the egg
Got oil in pan hot and scooped little mounds which I press down a bit.
Voila Zucchini hash browns.
And they were good!

Last edited by Meme#1 : Thu, Feb-01-18 at 23:25.