Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:07

Plan: atkins/BFL
Stats: 178/169/130
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default 169 lb mess this morning...

Hi,

I've decided to make myself accountable for once in my life and take control over my own health and happiness. So here go. I am a33 y/o mom to a one year old son.

I went from 145 to 200 with the pregnancy then 2 weeks postpartum was back to158 but by sugar binging have gone back to 169.

I have grow tired of not feeling good in summer clothes, being close to ok but not quiet there. I know I can feel better than this. I have spent months here lurking but unwilling to step out and commit to this change. The thought of living with out sugar was just incomprehensable to me.

Now I don't think I can go on living with sugar, at least not like I have been. All I've been wanting to eat lately is cookies ice cream, pie cake candy and failing all that I will settle for straight sugar. I had started behaving like an addict. My last binge before coming here was pathetic. I sat in the bathroom{gross} and eat a hlf gallon of ice cream. I kept on eating long after it even tasted good. As I spooned it in I was going , this is not normal. I scared myself.

anyway I am going to document my battle to quit sugar in the journaling section. Even if no one ever reads it, it is still very important for me to do this. I will have a record of the changes mentally and physically. This is going to be life altering for me ,so I never want to forget where I started and where I end up. If you got to this point, thanks for listening!

Scarlett
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:11
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome Scarlett and my hat is off to you for this very brave post. You're on your way, today.

Read all you can on Atkins and BFL, ask all the questions you can and keep up that journal.

#3   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 08:40

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Atkins and BFL, great combo!

I hope you can kick the sugar demon. I think just about everyone on this board has been there in one way or another. Man, I'm having flashbacks of sitting by my computer writing a college paper eating a whole half gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip in one night. Ugh, how disgusting.

Anyway, you can do this. Even if it's a rocky road, just keep with it and you will succeed. The longer you go without giving in to cravings, the easier it becomes, really. And the best advice I can give to an addict is to just take it one choice at a time. It's so much easier to think, "I'm going to have a low carb dinner" than "I'm never eating sugar again. AAAAAAH!"

Oh, and we WILL read your journal. I'm glad you decided to start one. It's a very useful tool and will help you stay in touch with yourself and your body. I like to look back at mine to see pitfalls for when I started to mess up, or great menus for when I was doing really well.

Anyway, good luck. I'm thinking of starting BFL up again too, but the cardio just kills me. Am definitely going doing weights BFL style though!

Take care.