Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Thu, Jun-23-16, 20:29

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

[QUOTE=Just Jo]
Quote:
That is so awesome that your DD wants to hang out with you for the summer! How old is your DD?
Hi Jo! It IS awesome. She's 10, and at the risk of sounding nauseating, I love her SOOO much and LOVE spending time with her!!! SOme colleagues at work commented that they didn't know HOW I could possibly not put her in camps this summer... Don't I need my "me time" and won't she drive me crazy? Umm, nope. She is seriously one of my favorite people to be around. We weren't planning to only have one, but it worked out that way, and so, we are a very very close threesome. Three Musketeers and all that!
Quote:
Sounds like you've got some really great summer plans to share together! What wonderful memories you will create for summer 2016! Oh okay! Yeah I remember you told me that you basically co-teach with 3 other people in their classrooms.How come you don't get M's job? Wouldn't your life be easier being in just one classroom? Sorry if Imma asking too many questions...

Never too many Qs! Ask away! I'm an open book. (<sigh>...I love books... ) ) Rememer, I'm the "English teacher" at a Frf school... so, they are the "homeroom teachers" and I float to teach each group Language Arts, Social Studies, Tech, and Math. I have a desk in the middle room- but honestly, who has time to sit!!??
Quote:
Woot! For not eating the carb-age crap and not eating too much!
Yeah! I can't explain it, but it was SO EASY! Something has shifted. Hunger-->low, Wants-->absent. These are excellent developments.

Quote:
When faced with "eating the carb-age crap" I always remind myself how far I've come...granted, I wouldn't re-gain everything I've lost over night. But to me, it's so NOT worth it. I remember this quote from a good while back that resonates with me at times of temptations/cravings:“Nothing Tastes as Good as Being at my Personal Weight Goal Feels!” We can switch it up to read:“Nothing Tastes as Good as Getting to my Personal Weight Goal will Feel!”
EXACTLY!!! You know I lost 25 pounds in 6 months (which I NOW appreciate for the amazing achievement it was!!!) and then let myself slip 15 of them back on! NOT COOL. And it WON'T happen again. Period.

Quote:
And here's another one that keeps me 100% OP:

“At the end of the day, I will NOT regret what I DID NOT eat since I refuse to serve myself up a plate of GUILT!”
You know, I thought about THIS VERY quote after that horrific inescapable chocolate-wanting-temptations-everywhere day! I thought about it after I was home and safely away from all the chocolate... and I was just so happy I had walked away. and I thought about how I WOULD have felt if I had actually given in and listened to the little voice saying, "Go ahead! Celebrate! It's year-end! You deserve it! Just have a little!"

Quote:
As you can probably surmise, I LOVE inspirational quotes and I save all of them! Always my pleasure, Jams!
I LOVE quotes too!!! and I love how you've been "collecting them" from the boards these past couple of years!

You should share some more of your favs! Love me a good quote! The most inspirational will reverberate off the inside of your brain when you need 'em most!

Couple favs:

No matter HOW slow I am, I'm still lapping everyone on the couch!

If you don't shoot, you can't score!

Those who are doing it, should never listen to those who say it can't be done!

Cheers,

jams
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 06:07
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Hi Warriors, today has been a lazy day. Been raining off and on all day.
You deserve a lazy day! Send some of that rain my way, we sure could use it big time!
Quote:
Went shopping yesterday, then back out today to get carby stuff for the boys. I conveniently forgot their stuff yesterday. It must have been a deliberate slip of the mind. LOL
Quote:
Fixing chicken and salad for dinner, DH has his potato's to go with it. He has ice cream and left over strawberry cake for dessert.

I don't think I need to have dessert tonight I'm not that hungry. It's odd his potato's are not that tempting today, not like the other night when everyone had KFC.
Huge Congrats for not letting temptation affect you!

That's really what separates successful people from those that can't string two or three days together eating 100% OP. Every single day you fight off the temptation you are ONE day closer to realizing your goals!

It's just weird how we react to the same carb-age foods on different days. From my own experiences, there's no rhyme or reason to it at all! I've tried to figure out what would cause my temptations to no avail.

One thing I do know is that if we're overly tried, hunger, emotional or stressed, we can make the worse possible food choices. We just have to make the right choices every single time!
Quote:
When DH worked we ate separately because he came home too late at night to eat with him. I almost preferred it when he did work all day. I haven't had a free day for awhile. He doesn't mean to, but he gets on my nerves.
Yeah, sometime its so lovely when our significant others are gone for a few days... we really do need the break from each other for our own sanity at times!
  #2013   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 06:21
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
yup. The earlier I eat in the afternoon/evening, the better things seem to be in the morning.
For me, it has to be about 2 hours before bedtime b/c I do suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome!

So by the time I get ready for bed, I'm still sated so I know I won't be "head hunger" for more food... it's been working like a champ!
Quote:
I hear you! I remember something about a Diet Coke not being diet...we still do eat out from time to time... but you are right...it's a mine field out there. Carbs lurking in EVERY corner- ready to POUNCE into our open mouths!!! Scary stuff!!
Exactly! And I don't like to take chances with my own good health! Just easier, especially mentally for me, to avoid the whole "eating out" thing!
Quote:
yup., yup yup. excellent strategy and IT WORKS!!! .. A great GF of mine I haven't seen in a long time texted to get together for happy hour...I countered with, "how 'bout we meet at Starbux, get coffee (black for me) and head to the park for a "walk n talk?" She agreed! So, Carb-laiden Happy hour and Alcohol averted!
"Walk n' talk" Love it!
Quote:
Thanks as always, Jo, for taking time to make each one of us feel special. You are a shining example of what dedication and committment to this WOL can be. You are walking the walk and talking the talk... AND you are still here! AND you have kept the weight off!!! so awesome.
Awwwww shucks thanks for all that, Jams!

I think it's really important that those of us (De and Berni too) that have made our weight goal stay to show that making goal isn't the end of the story.

Actually it's only the beginning of a very long long story b/c we are going to continue being Warrior members of TEAM 5%! And we want all of our Warrior Sisters and Brother Larry to be part of that most important TEAM too!

So all of us have to Keep Fighting the GOOD Hard Fight every single day! That's the only way to be successful!
  #2014   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 07:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
Hi Jo! It IS awesome. She's 10, and at the risk of sounding nauseating, I love her SOOO much and LOVE spending time with her!!! SOme colleagues at work commented that they didn't know HOW I could possibly not put her in camps this summer... Don't I need my "me time" and won't she drive me crazy? Umm, nope. She is seriously one of my favorite people to be around. We weren't planning to only have one, but it worked out that way, and so, we are a very very close threesome. Three Musketeers and all that!
at sounding nauseating! Never apologize for that! That is so awesome that you have that kind of relationship with your DD. They grow up too stinkin' fast so embrace every moment you can with her!
Quote:
Never too many Qs! Ask away! I'm an open book. (<sigh>...I love books... ) ) Rememer, I'm the "English teacher" at a Frf school... so, they are the "homeroom teachers" and I float to teach each group Language Arts, Social Studies, Tech, and Math. I have a desk in the middle room- but honestly, who has time to sit!!??
You said you didn't mind questions, so here goes:

So what's an FrF school?

WOW what amazing subjects you teach! Much like you, I've taught anywhere from 5-8 totally different subjects in one school day. That's the beauty part of teaching in a small school.

I think I would go insane if I taught the same subject more than twice a day. Granted it's a lot of prep work (i.e., lesson planning, etc) but gosh, the school day for me flies by like gang-busters. Our classes are only 40 mins long.

So how long are you in each class teaching?

OMG I'm with you on the "who has time to sit" thing! Our attendance record keeping is online, I can barely remember to sit long enough to do that... I usually have the kids remind me b/c I'm always ready to get started since our classes are so short... I so HATE to waste valuable instruction time!
Quote:
Yeah! I can't explain it, but it was SO EASY! Something has shifted. Hunger-->low, Wants-->absent. These are excellent developments.
Right ON!
Quote:
EXACTLY!!! You know I lost 25 pounds in 6 months (which I NOW appreciate for the amazing achievement it was!!!) and then let myself slip 15 of them back on! NOT COOL. And it WON'T happen again. Period.
Well, if my own 35 years of yo-yo dieting is any indication, I KNOW exactly what you mean!

But then something really does "click" for each of us and we decide that THIS TIME we are NOT going to continually sabotage ourselves.

B/c that has got to stop since we WILL BE successful.

It's not easy as you well know! It's as simple as staying 100% OP today and letting tomorrow take care of itself!
Quote:
You know, I thought about THIS VERY quote after that horrific inescapable chocolate-wanting-temptations-everywhere day! I thought about it after I was home and safely away from all the chocolate... and I was just so happy I had walked away. and I thought about how I WOULD have felt if I had actually given in and listened to the little voice saying, "Go ahead! Celebrate! It's year-end! You deserve it! Just have a little!"
You know it probably wouldn't have been that bad BUT for me if I just say "oh it's okay this one time" it gets completely out of hand. Here's something that resonated with me:
Quote:
...in my experience, "cheat days" become "aw, what the hell" weeks and "I'll go back on eventually" months.

I am sure that someone has successfully incorporated cheat days on a regular basis and made goal, and remained in maintenance. I've never met them, and it certainly didn't work for me.

By NEMarvin 06-15-2016 (Post 20)
Source: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...15&page=1&pp=15
Marvin describes most eloquently EXACTLY how my past "cheat days" evolved into "cheat months"!
Quote:
I LOVE quotes too!!! and I love how you've been "collecting them" from the boards these past couple of years!

You should share some more of your favs! Love me a good quote! The most inspirational will reverberate off the inside of your brain when you need 'em most!

Couple favs:

No matter HOW slow I am, I'm still lapping everyone on the couch!

If you don't shoot, you can't score!

Those who are doing it, should never listen to those who say it can't be done!

Cheers,

jams
I love you quotes too! I heard the first 2, but not the last one! I like to share them when they seem appropriate to the situation/conversation...

Okay here's another good one, IMHO:

I am NOT a product of my circumstance.
I am a product of my decisions!

By Stephen Covey
  #2015   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 07:26
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Friday dear Warrior Sisters and Brother Larry!

Hope you and yours are doing well & wishing all of you a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Remember to celebrate every single successful day OP b/c every day you stay OP is one day closer to reaching your goals, either to lose weight or stay in maintenance!

And I will leave you all with this for now:

"They say to treat your body like a Temple ---
Before starting the Atkins ‘72 WOE,
I treated mine like an Amusement Park!"

By Larry H 12.05.15
  #2016   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 08:21

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Friday Morning Warrior Troups...

I really didn't want to get up this morning ...it was a 3 time snooze hit on the alarm days I have to get up I don't want to, days I could sleep in I don't...

Today will be another swim day in the little kiddie pool, after the trash is picked up. Who would have thought trash day would be entertainment for little kids? They love trash trucks, it's a neighborhood event twice a week! I am so lucky to get both trash days with the kids

After more than two years on this WOE I am still liking it. It is still working for me. I remember having "carb dreams" back when I first started. DH is telling me about his carb dreams....too funny! It is much easier not to have carby-carbs in the house. I still have to deal with them with the grandkids though. They are mega carb eaters at their house! They've had a chocolate cake sitting out trying to call my name and I have to tell it to SHUT UP...no way Jose.

Jammie...enjoy that time with your ten year old, that's a really good age and lots of fun! I always have a blast with my 12 and 9 yr old granddaughters when I get to see them.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone
  #2017   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 08:24

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Happy Friday dear Warrior Sisters and Brother Larry!

Hope you and yours are doing well & wishing all of you a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Remember to celebrate every single successful day OP b/c every day you stay OP is one day closer to reaching your goals, either to lose weight or stay in maintenance!

And I will leave you all with this for now:

"They say to treat your body like a Temple ---
Before starting the Atkins ‘72 WOE,
I treated mine like an Amusement Park!"

By Larry H 12.05.15

Happy Friday to you to Jo! You give so much encouragement which really inspires me every day...thanks girly!!!!
  #2018   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 11:00

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

Quick drop by because work is crazy! I am on call till markets close and I have the grandkiddies! 😰😱.

TGIF still 100% on plan and luving it. Just in the ZC Zen luving every minute even the crazy times 😀👍
  #2019   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 11:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,

Quick drop by because work is crazy! I am on call till markets close and I have the grandkiddies! 😰😱.

TGIF still 100% on plan and luving it. Just in the ZC Zen luving every minute even the crazy times 😀👍
AWESOME, Berns! I'm convinced this gets easier and easier. More and more days, weeks months OP=less "pull" toward carbage. Thanks for being such an inspiration!!! You lost 100 freakin' pounds!!! WHAT an accomplishment!! AND, YOU are still here. AND, you too, have kept it off!! Superb. Really, genuinely impressive. Thanks for sticking around! You guys are SUCH wonderful models. It CAN be done. You did it.

Last edited by Jamackarch : Fri, Jun-24-16 at 11:30.
  #2020   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 11:22

BF:

[QUOTE=DelaneyLC]
Quote:

I really didn't want to get up this morning ...it was a 3 time snooze hit on the alarm days I have to get up I don't want to, days I could sleep in I don't...

Today will be another swim day in the little kiddie pool, after the trash is picked up. Who would have thought trash day would be entertainment for little kids? They love trash trucks, it's a neighborhood event twice a week! I am so lucky to get both trash days with the kids
HOW FUN!!! Have you ever read the book called "I Stink" published by Scholastic? It's about a trash truck! He talks. It was one of DD's favs when she was a little younger. Also, there's a cartoon: check You tube! It's really well done.

Quote:
After more than two years on this WOE I am still liking it. It is still working for me. I remember having "carb dreams" back when I first started. DH is telling me about his carb dreams....too funny! It is much easier not to have carby-carbs in the house. I still have to deal with them with the grandkids though. They are mega carb eaters at their house! They've had a chocolate cake sitting out trying to call my name and I have to tell it to SHUT UP...no way Jose.
SOOOO awesome. WTG being on plan for so long. It is obviously a WOL, not just a WOE. BRAVO!!!

Quote:
Jammie...enjoy that time with your ten year old, that's a really good age and lots of fun! I always have a blast with my 12 and 9 yr old granddaughters when I get to see them.
Yup. She is SO fun. We are taking the plunge and gettign her ears pierced today. Does anyone know how long to heal? I mean, before you can change the earrings? I ask becasue we have our Alaska wedding in 2 weeks and as a Flower Girl/Junior Bride's Maid gift, the bride wants to give DD a pair of earrings. Just not sure if it will be safe to switch out...

Quote:
You too, De!!! And thanks for BEING HERE!!! Not only did you get to goal, you are STILL THERE!!! As hard as losing is, I KNOW mantaining wil be an even more intense head game. about 20 years ago, I got down to goal weight (not by healthy means) and AS SOON as I was there, I celebrated by eating EVERYTHING I could get my hands on. Broke every rule. Changed everything. ... SO DUMB!!!!

You guys are SUCH impressive examples of what continued dedication and vigilence can yield. Thanks for STILL being here!!! You ROCK!

Last edited by Jamackarch : Fri, Jun-24-16 at 11:34.
  #2021   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-16, 21:05

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi Warriors, I kept busy all day. My energy kicked it up to high gear today. That tells me I must be running in Ketosis.

I never have checked it out to make sure, I just make sure that I am eating what I am supposed to eat. I had no cravings today, and the boys rice and cheese never even registered as a food choice.

Tomorrow I have to deliver food to a needy family, a bunch of us donated to the cause so I have a trunk full.

It finally cleared up a little this afternoon, ((YEAH))!!

It is awesome to have a close relationship with your daughter. Cherish the time you have together, they grow up way too fast.

When we eat out I try and stick to a salad, no croutons. Usually just water or iced tea for a beverage.

Congrats Bernie,that is a monumental accomplishment. You stayed OP even though your work was crazy and you had the grandkiddies. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit.

Sometimes it doesn't take too much to entertain kids. it makes it easier that they love picking up trash.

Thankyou for the encouraging words Jo. I always check to see what words of wisdom you have left for us.

Peace and Blessings;
  #2022   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 03:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Hiya, De!
Quote:
But isn't that always the way?
Quote:
OMG that is too cute about trash pick up days~ lucky you!!

I can picture all of you outside waiting for the trash pickup... it's so great that your lil' grands are so easily amused with the big trucks and the wadding pool!
Quote:
Oh those eating carb-age dreams, I remember those...

So how's your DH doing so far with our WOE? Has he lost any weight?

Sorry to hear about the carb-age temptations at the grands... BUT you were Warrior Strong with the choc'late cake calling your name!
Quote:
My Friday was totally fab-tastic! Hope yours was as well!
  #2023   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 03:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Happy Friday to you to Jo!
Quote:
You give so much encouragement which really inspires me every day...thanks girly!!!!
Awwwwwww shucks thanks for saying that De!

But that's what we're all here for to help support, share our LC WOE experiences and encourage each other along our journeys to better HEALTH and skinny-dom!
  #2024   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 04:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Hello warriors,
Quote:
Oh man, I heard about the markets yesterday and thought of you and KNEW you'd be über busy b/c of it!

Sorry to hear you had to deal with work and the grands at the same time...

I don't know how you manage working two full time jobs!

I hope you get a chance to unwind and really chil-lax this w/e b/c I worry about you!
Quote:
Spoken like a true Warrior member of TEAM 5%!

But you know what?

Sometimes the ONLY thing in our day we can CONTROL is what we EAT ~ totally brilliant that we KNOW what we have to EAT to stay 100% OP even under stress! B/c IMHO, eating off plan would only compound the stress, eh?
  #2025   ^
Old Sat, Jun-25-16, 04:56
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
Hi Warriors, I kept busy all day. My energy kicked it up to high gear today. That tells me I must be running in Ketosis.
That's terrific! Lots of energy, suppressed appetite are some of the signs of ketosis!
Quote:
I never have checked it out to make sure, I just make sure that I am eating what I am supposed to eat.
I don't think many of us here check our level of "ketosis". And like you said, since you're eating what you're supposed to eat, why bother??

IMHO, checking for ketosis with the ketostix is just ONE MORE stressor... like that demonic infernal contraption we call a scale isn't enough of a stressor!

And I've heard, don't know the truth about this, that being in ketosis a good long while and the ketostixs don't register properly anymore...
Quote:
I had no cravings today, and the boys rice and cheese never even registered as a food choice.
That's an awesome place to be!
Quote:
Tomorrow I have to deliver food to a needy family, a bunch of us donated to the cause so I have a trunk full.
How thoughtful and caring of you and your friends to help a needy family!
Quote:
Thankyou for the encouraging words Jo. I always check to see what words of wisdom you have left for us.
Thanks, Judy!
Closed Thread