Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1966   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 06:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251
I've had zero carbs so far today. It's not hard at all.I'm not hungry or craving anything.
WTG with the zero carbs! Yep staying biologically zero carbs or zero carbs really does help with appetite suppression and cuts back on the cravings! That's why we LOVE doing A '72 Hard Core!
Quote:
I went this morning and donated blood to the red cross. I then went to the garage sale got a bag of pillow stuffing to fix my pillows. And a book for DGS to help him put his best self forward when trying to find a job. I'm not sure he will read it, or appreciate the fact that I got it for him. He needs to get his own digs.
I hope your DGS will appreciate the book! Is your DGS living with you or his 'rents?
Quote:
Of course I always get the organic. I'm not sure if it is really healthier or not.
That was an awesome question: Are organic eggs are healthier?

So of course, I had to look it up and I've found evidence for both sides; that yes, they are healthier and no, there are no significant differences affecting health between organic and conventional eggs.
Sponsored Links
  #1967   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 06:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

HAPPY HAPPY Father's Day, dear Larry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
I had pork chops slow cooked in the crockpot for lunch and chicken wings with Frank's Hot Sauce and Butter for dinner.
Yummy on the pork chops and the LC style Buffalo wings!
Quote:
I have been very busy lately preparing for our annual visit to our son in the Albany, NY area. I will be taking my motorcycle again to get some good rides in with my two son's my grandson and my step daughter. Last year I built an enclosed bike trailer from a used aluminum boat trailer. I broke a spring on the trip home and a close examination showed that although the aluminum was in perfect condition, all of the steel components were shot from having been dipped in salt water too many times. So I replaced all steel parts with new. Axel and wheel hubs, springs, spring shackles, tongue jack, as well as all steel bolts. This was a major rebuild but I took my time and did it right.
You and my dad would have gotten along beautifully, Larry! He was a mechanic all of his life (trained in the AF and was active duty for 25 years). That man could do almost anything mechanical. He was amazing! He built his share of motorcycle trailers too, since we all rode when we became adults!

Sounds like you are going to have a fabulous time with your family in NY riding. As always, don't ride faster than your Guardian angel can fly!
Quote:
My motorcycle group here in Central Florida has been attending the funerals of those killed in that LGBT night club in Orlando. The reason we are doing this is to protect the funerals from the Westboro Baptist Church Protesters. We outnumber that hate group by 100 to 1.
How totally touching and caring of you and your m/c group. I know it means a lot for the families of those poor innocent people! God bless every single one of you!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sun, Jun-19-16 at 08:40.
  #1968   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 08:16

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Happy Father's Day Larry!

You are truly a very special man in all that you do for others!
  #1969   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 08:27

BF:

To all warriors

Happy Father's Day to all your hubbies and significant others 🎉🎊😀👍
  #1970   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 09:37

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Everyone!

Here's to a SUPER SUNDAY, and Fathers' Day, no less! Happy celebrating, ALL!!!

I am sipping my black coffee and will have some left over roast, butter and egg yolks soon... my "pre-brunch meal." This way, I will go there not hungry at all!
I will take some food on my plate, and probably eat some of the bacon and filler-less sausage we will take, but that's it.

Have a great OP day, All!

#1971   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 10:01
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Hi, my name is Jo and I'm a recovering morbidly obese Carb addict.

My musing on my addiction...

I see myself as truly being an addict ~ a carb addict.

An addict will always be an addict.

I earn my “clean” days by staying 100% OP.

The longer I do this; the more days I fly through smoothly without a blip or desire for carbs on my radar.

Then there are those very infrequent days where I have to fight “Fat Jo” tooth and nail to stay in control; to stay “clean”.

I realize that my desire to eat carbs on those days isn’t from hunger at all, it’s just a mind game!

I will continue to be successful b/c I refuse to let “Fat Jo” win ever again!
  #1972   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 13:03

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Happy Fathers Day to all the fathers out there.

I love your philosophy Jo, that is so true even for myself especially.

I plan on filling up so I won't be hungry for the dinner. Probably mean and disappointing but I will not eat starch. If I don't take care of me nobody will,
  #1973   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 13:21

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello HC Warriors,

I have the deviled eggs ready to go and I am taking the tri-tip to BBQ. Dinner will be yummy and filling

I hope everyone who is celebrating Father's Day has a good one.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY LARRY!

#1974   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-16, 21:57

BF:

We went and honored our awesome fathers. I ordered a Cobb salad and coffee. I'm gluten intolerant anyway so nobody blinked. A good time was had by all.

To answer Jo's question , yes he does live with me. He's a good kid mostly but needs his own apartment.

My pillows turned out wonderful.

Peace and blessings

Last edited by jmh6251 : Sun, Jun-19-16 at 23:43.
  #1975   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 07:34
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
I love your philosophy Jo, that is so true even for myself especially.
Thanks, Judy! I think it resonates with most of us here!
Quote:
I plan on filling up so I won't be hungry for the dinner.
Sounds like an über plan! That's one of the keys to being successful!
Quote:
Probably mean and disappointing but I will not eat starch. If I don't take care of me nobody will,
Mean and disappointing to others you mean? But you are absolutely correct, no one can take care of YOU but YOU!

I think as mothers, care-givers, etc, we find it really difficult to put ourselves FIRST b/c we are usually concerned more with the needs and wishes of others than with our own.

BUT in this case, we have to be #1 so that we can live a long and healthy life to continue to take care of our loved one!

So IMHO, it's not selfish at all in this case!
  #1976   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 07:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
I ordered a Cobb salad and coffee. I'm gluten intolerant anyway so nobody blinked. A good time was had by all.
Holy Hannah, no one should "blink"! You are a grown woman and I'm glad you didn't have to deal with the stress of explaining why you were eating what you did!
Quote:
To answer Jo's question , yes he does live with me. He's a good kid mostly but needs his own apartment.
Thanks for answering my question... but you're right eventually they need to move out and live on their own 2 feet! Hopefully he'll do that sooner rather than later!
  #1977   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 08:46

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning Hard Core Warriors

Our Father's Day dinner was awesome at our son's house. Our little granddaughter kept telling both of us HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. So cute!

I ate tri-tip steak, deviled eggs, grilled shrimp and a couple grilled asparagus spears. So good. My dessert was an espresso.

Today is going to be hot, hot, hot. We took the pups to the park at 0530 to run around with their doggy friends. There were about 10 dogs playing together. Fun!

Have a great OP day my friends
  #1978   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 11:40

BF:

Hello warriors,

All the Father's Day events sounded fabulous and all our warriors stayed on plan! How awesome is that🎊🎉.

Another hot one today in the high 90's. A light breeze but should be cooler Tommorrow ☀️😎.

Happy first day of summer warriors ☀️.

Have a spectacular day warriors!
  #1979   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-16, 14:25

BF:

Hello warriors, today is overcast and cloudy but not raining. So far today has been an onplan day for me. Had some errands to run so I got an egg and sausage sandwich from BK, and I threw out the bun. That was all I needed, still not hungry.

My DS is coming for a visit sometime this afternoon. I haven't seen him in a while. It was nice to see my other children yesterday.

I have been thinking of getting some bulk meat from the Butcher shop since I have the freezer space. It's cheaper that way. Then I wouldn't have to go out and get meat every 2 days.

We very rarely get coupons for anything worth eating. It's usually for the snack food and juices and things like that. Not for meat and veggies. So I am always thinking of ways to save.

It's amazing how little it takes to fill me up when feeding myself the right food. it's too bad I can't convince my family. I keep trying to educate them.

Peace and blessings
  #1980   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-16, 07:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Tuesday Warriors!

Sounds like everyone is doing super duper following our incredible LC WOE! WTG, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally Kick Azz BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Closed Thread