Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 09:52
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 158/158/120 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress:
Default I am really concerned about my daughter...

I have an 18 yr old daughter that I am really concerned about.
Not sure what this could mean, exactly, but she has been suffering from bouts of dizziness off and on for several weeks. In addition to that she says that she is almost never hungry so has to make herself eat. THIS is a concern. I wish it were easy and inexpensive to get our hormone levels checked. Too bad she and I can't just march down to some local lab and get done/run what needs to be. Insurance can be quite exasperating, although I am glad that we have it.
I am hoping to see my Dr. for me this afternoon and will make an appt for daughter for tomorrow as she works all day today.
Any insight would be welcomed.
If I were wealthy and it was available, I would hire me a Schwarzbein Coach. Wouldn't that be nice to have!
Ya know, to be really honest, I think that my entire family is probably quite "ill", if you will.
My husband is at least 80 lbs overweight and eats whatever he wants (like the rest of us). My 18 yr old daughter, who I mentioned above, eats whatever and my 16 yr old son eats whatever and thinks he needs Coffee every morning (as he has to rise at 4:30 am every morning ). They are each extremely stubborn (especially my son). After reading some of the SP book I am very concerned about the overall health of my family as well as their future health. I must admit, that at this point, I am overwhelmed by it all.
I'd love to hear advice. Would also love to hear success stories from people who have been on the SP diet for a long period of time and have seen some real results and had their labs come in improved.

Mindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-05, 11:24
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

I have no clue, and would not presume to advise you on this, but taking her to the Dr is the best first step. Be prepared that he may ask her questions about sexual activity and/or run a blood/urine test to rule out pregnancy, even if she says she's inactive. 18 year-olds have been known to lie about such things (not that I'm assuming that yours is active, of course, but the Dr WILL assume she is) in order to avoid parental confrontation, as I'm so sure you already know!

Please let us know how she is...I would be so worried, too, were I in your shoes.