Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Jan-23-16, 22:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 258.4/241.4/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey Janet...I emptied my received and sent PM's. Should be good now!

So quick question to the group. Is heavy cream different than whipping cream? I noticed there was some type of different percentage. I got the heavy cream to play it safe but there was a much larger carton of whipping cream that I wanted to get.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-16, 05:34

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Answer is now at Summer Sausage thread. Save up your space
Unless you are into "fine cooking" or a pastry chef, the differences are minor and will not impact typical LC recipes at all. Heavy is 36% fat or more, whipping is 30-36%.
You often see it abbreviated here as HWC, some merger of the two types.
Seahawks out...are you now supporting the Carolina team?

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jan-24-16 at 11:08.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-16, 13:27
Registered Member

BF:

Ha ha...I'm actually rooting for Az now. Thanks for the info about cream Janet.

So I have my broccoli chicken casserole in the oven! I tripled the recipe just to make sure I get through the week with food. I don't want to have to try to worry about lunch in the middle of the week. I have to be careful with my portion control. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. The smell of pork rinds makes me want to gag but hopefully they will change somehow in the cooking process haha.

Getting ready for tomorrow! I'm so excited for day one. Getting my water bottles prepared and soon I'll be good to go!
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-16, 13:57
Registered Member

BF:

Oh my word...it came out incredible. I had to have a bite.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0124161153.jpg (5.6 KB, 11 views)
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-16, 16:07
Registered Member

BF:

Can anyone tell me why no matter what I type in the search bar it comes back as "no results"? I've tried "water" and "pork chops." Is it based on how long you've been here or how many posts you've put up?
  #51   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-16, 16:45

Only use Advanced Search, explained here:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=471067

The Google search limited to this site works well, but will dig up ancient threads. Watch the dates! Like any Google search, more input means better results. For example, looking for something I answered before +jey100, narrows it down. Or maybe pork chops + water will get what you want?

Oops, rooted for wrong team again better focus on LC instead.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Jan-25-16 at 07:25.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-16, 08:23
Registered Member

BF:

Day 1

Here we go! The journey begins!
  #53   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-16, 21:54

Plan: LC/GF
Stats: 208/174/168 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

Good for you! WooHoo!! You know we're rooting for you.

You mentioned portion control...a hotly contested subject, some people SWEAR there is nothing to Calories In Calories Out (CICO), but I think it matters. I know it does with me.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-16, 00:36
Registered Member

BF:

So day 1 went well. I was able to get down all of my 150 ounces of water. This is what I had to eat today...

Breakfast: 4 scrambled eggs with roasted peppers and onions and just a bit of shredded cheese. Two link sausages and one strip of bacon.

As I ran my route today I drank tons of water. Before lunch I had a snack of tuna fish with mayo. For lunch I opened my thermos and ate the chicken broccoli casserole that I made on Sunday. It was still hot! I had sugar free jello too.

I will probably take more casserole tomorrow because I started getting hungry before my route was done. On the way back into the depot I stopped at McDonalds and got two meat patties with cheese and nothing else. That helped a lot. What I was talking about portion control what I meant was obviously the more I eat the more carbs I will it take. But I honestly thought that I was pretty low so I could take more casserole tomorrow. I could tell that my writing is not making much sense because I'm tired lol.

When I got home I had two cups of salad with a few cherry tomatoes, a bit of shredded cheese and a little bit of dressing. I also had one burger patty.

That's it for day 1!
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-16, 05:05

Glad the thermos worked! That sounds great for Day 1..definitely eat if you are hungry, good move to get a bunless burger. The only thing missing (and you may have enough on your food) is salt. The cup of broth morning and afternoon prevented headaches and got me over that afternoon snack time.
Add a bouillon cube to hot water or eat some salt and wash down with water. Better to avoid "induction flu" than deal with it while working.

Here are ordering tips for a number of fast food restaurants. Be prepared for the times you aren't prepared. http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/ea...arbfastfood.htm

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Jan-26-16 at 05:11.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-16, 10:41
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Janet! I never really thought that I would be getting less salt eating this way? My sausage and bacon in the morning definitely had salt. And my casserole had some salt. Does cutting out sugar mean that the same foods have salt in it? That's really interesting.

I've decided that I'm not going to weigh myself for two weeks. If I can stay strong lol. Then maybe when I step on the scale I will go WOW!

The biggest problem that I have with doing low carb is the snack end of it. I know about rolling things up in cream cheese and all that junk haha. But I'm trying to avoid beef jerky which would be a natural snacking item for me. So today along with my regular stuff that I took yesterday I will take more casserole and some pickles and even though it's probably not the best I have some Cotto salami left over that I'll take.

Have a great day everyone!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-16, 04:08

Lots of hidden salt in sweet processed foods and even soda. Read Nancy's salt thread. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=445775. I liked the 2 cups of broth, if you can get hot water somewhere, have the cubes with you. Try deli meat wrapped in romaine lettuce with mayo, or around a cheese or celery stick.
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-16, 10:45
Registered Member

BF:

Day 3 and feeling good! Eating clean and I'm excited about the future. Haven't even been tempted to weigh myself once yet lol.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-16, 12:59
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Thanks Janet! I never really thought that I would be getting less salt eating this way? My sausage and bacon in the morning definitely had salt. And my casserole had some salt. Does cutting out sugar mean that the same foods have salt in it? That's really interesting.

You may or may not be eating less salt, but the diet is sodium depleting, that's why you need to add sodium (if you have symptoms).
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-16, 07:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwaterboy
Day 3 and feeling good! Eating clean and I'm excited about the future. Haven't even been tempted to weigh myself once yet lol.

I think it a good plan not to weigh and get caught up in the normal daily fluxuations of water weight. Consider starting a journal, and talking with others who post in their journals often...lots of help and support there. How's your sister doing? You could share your days on a journal?