Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 08:13

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default excess cortisol levels DHEA

Ok during the summer I finally got all my blood tests results in. My doctor said all my hormones were ok nothing out of place. But why is it I feel so bloated all around the belly and still weigh the same as last year? My clothes are all tight this really doesnt make sense. And I know there is something wrong. I dont sleep much cause aside from working I go to unversity at night so that sure keeps me busy studying and all. My joints are always in pain but that I already new cause I have a slight of FIBRO. Im in that pre meno too so that doesnt help either. So I am just wondering if its not DHEA and they dont want to tell me that its off a bit but not much cause its not worth doing anything about it. I told my doc I wanted to take natural Hormones and she said no cause it might screw up something thats not there. so i really dont know what to do anymore i am so confused even with the thousands of question ive asked my doc and i know shes a good geno cause shes sure is on the ball this woman and wont let anything go pass her.

If anyone one out there has the same problem can you please tell me what your doing different so i know what to do. Probably I would have to let this Pre meno do its time but i cant take this bloating for the pass year and all...its driving me NUTS!

if your taking a vitamin or something that helps you would you please let me know so i can research it to see whats its about or just basically tell me what your taking thats natural...

thanks guys
helene
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 09:47
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 205/165/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:

Hi,

My advice is to get a new doctor who will give you the bioidentical hormones. Lack of sleep and joint pain are classic signs of low estradiol. My guess is that your estradiol is falling and you still have normal progesterone so that is why you are bloated (like in the 2nd half of your cycle when you are progesterone dominated and you get pms). Of course, you should have some tests of your estrogen and progesterone. Just make sure they test estradiol, not total estrogen. You're not losing weight because you're more insulin resistant because you're starting to lose your estrogen. Don't let them convince you that you don't need estradiol until you stop having periods. I had plantar faciitis in my feet, staggering pain in my shoulders, could no longer sleep, and was depressed and you would not believe how fast all of it went away with hrt and my fsh is still in the premenopausal range. It's hard to find a doctor that really knows how women's bodies work but keep trying because if these problems are because of your estradiol, you will never be successful until you get what you need. It's not adrenal burnout if it's cyclical. In other words, if it's way worse just before your period it's your ovarian function, not adrenal.

Good luck.

KSRT
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-12-05, 11:10

Plan: Atkins, Zone
Stats: ---/155/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

Boy your like a walking medical book...LOL...

thanks for the info very interesting..Im going to look into a naturopath doc in this area...i wanted to order DHEA but no one wants to ship it to Canada cause it isnt allowed here....what else is new...thanks Ksrt
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-29-05, 12:36
Registered Member

Plan: 6-12-12
Stats: 184.5/175/120 Female 5 feet
BF:way too much!
Progress: 15%

Krst, that was me three years ago, and is still me, but my periods have stopped and Im hot flashing like there's no tomorrow. However, all they tested was FSH and its still normal, so no HRT. Thanks for the advise, I'm going to look for a new doctor.