Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 00:37

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Free Day

On my free day I am sticking to low carb for the most part but allow myself that day for an indulgence if I feel like it--having corn or a piece of low carb bread or even a dessert for example.

I am also pretty much sticking to 6 meals a day. If I change that, it is to eat less meals and food rather than more.

How is everyone else handling their free day from a food point of view?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 08:28

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh how I love free day!

I'm using it pretty much like you, Bobbie. I eat what I want when I want and it's LC all the way. Free day means I don't have to eat 6 scheduled meals of 25g of protein, 10g of fat and 15g of carbs. And it's heaven.

This challenge I have been using it to try out new foods - this weekend I had potato skins and they were great! OF course it was mostly bacon and cheddar cheese

Free day also means I don't use fitday to keep track. The only thing I still do it make sure I drink my water.

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 19:13

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Free day....

So far I haven't really gone overboard...Oh I had 2 small beer battered onion rings, and 1 french fry on the last free day (a first). But I don't say pizza pie...here I come! I tell myself if you think you can't live without it...have a bite...but for now I have worked too hard to let it get much further out than that and as I have sooo much further to go than you do (WTG homegirl!) I think there is the fear of detox from over carbing that keeps me in line!

I also don't push the 6 meals just the supplements and water and try not to skip any meals...just eat, and eat well.

Bsayne
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 07:03

Plan: Dr. Adkins
Stats: 155/129/122
BF:
Progress: 79%

Natrushka,
Do you have 25g protein, 10g fat, 15g carbs per meal? Meaning 25g protein, 10g fat, 15carbs, x 6 each day Thanks....