Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-03, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 145/140/? Female 5'6
BF:
Progress:
Default Holiday eating?

Anyone got any ideas for holiday eating? I think that it's pretty easy to follow Paleo with the holidays. I'm planning on eating a lot of veggies, fruit and meat dishes and of course wine...

Even parties don't seem too bad with the deli meat, olives, fruit trays, veggie trays, nuts etc...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 08:34

Plan: Neanderthin/Paleo
Stats: 147/123.2/121 Female 5.4
BF:
Progress: 92%

It's eating at the in-laws' house that scares me! My husband's mom makes these gorgeous desserts and I don't know if I'll be able to resist.

I'm trying to be good, but Christmas in Spain goes on until January 6th, imagine how much extra eating you can do for 2 weeks!
help!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 22:32

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanksgiving was hard enough, not because of sweets, only due to the problem of trying to eat high quality food. For instance, the turkey at Thanksgiving was a free-range organic bird. Sounds great, but my parents overcooked it and there was no fat left on the bird. For the next two weeks, I've had a hard time getting in the fat my body needs. Following Thanksgiving, I've been very busy and careful food preparation has not been as high of a priority. I've been eating too much convenience food (good food, nothing artificial or bad) like an apple instead of waiting to cook some meat. In the two weeks since, my skin became dry and my face broke out.

Holiday eating is tough.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-23-03, 10:05

Plan: Animal-based/IF
Stats: 252/215.6/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 30%

I made the mistake of getting sick two weeks before Christmas. Ate hardly anything and when I went back to work I was ravenous. The problem was I came back to work a week before Xmas and that's when all the goodies started arriving, chocolates, designer cookies and squares, chocolates filled with brandy, you name it. Well, needless to say, I fell off the wagon and have felt like s**t for the past few days. I'm back on track but what a waste. The cravings almost killed me and the pains in my joints started acting up again. Never again (says the junkie).
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 15:47

Plan: 60 grams or less a day
Stats: 178/148/135
BF:
Progress: 70%

Here's a link to some more paleo recipes:

Paleolithic Recipes