Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 22:12

Plan: LCHF/NK
Stats: 196/165.7/145 Female 5' 9"
BF:too much!
Progress: 59%
Post Hi all!

I bought 2 of the PP books the other day and have been reading them. I did this about 5-6 yrs. ago and really liked that WOE. Right now I'm going to follow TSP as far as no FF, LF, artificial sweeteners, etc., but follow PP Phase I intervention plan. I took all my measurements etc and did all of the figuring. My protein requirements for the day is 64.99, per meal is 21.66. So from the book I'm suppose to go with the 27gms of protein/meal as a minimum. 30 carbs total for the day.

Tanya Thanks for taking a look! I am working on the calories and will try not to freak out about the fat. Trying to figure out what else to add, because I was full after each meal.

kjturner-Thanks for all the info and links. When I was on PP several years ago my cholesterol was the best it has ever been! I'm going to keep reminding myself of that.

rosarugosa Thanks for the Gary Taubes article... that was fascinating reading. I also read the rebuttle by (can't remember his name) and Taubes reply. One of these days the medical field, AHA, and FDA are going to have to open their eyes!

Suni-Suni, thanks for the welcome!

Zandria Hi, and thanks for the welcome! I'm disappointed too. I was really hoping to find more support and info here, but the ones who have responded have been very helpful.

Quote:
Actually, there is one thing I noticed in TSP (I) that struck me as odd: the Schwarzbein square. This really isn't an accurate representation of food consumption at all, because the carbohydrate portion is smaller than the other three groups.

I agree!!! I found that very confusing!

amieK- I think we're rebels! On the WW forum I frequented I saw so many empty carbos when people would post what they were eating for the day. I just smiled to myself. There was no use pointing this out to them or arguing with them.

I'm still going to my WW meetings for weigh-in only. I bought 4 of their 12 week journals (they're great) and am going to keep track of my protein and carbs instead of points. Tomorrow I'm making a crustless crab quiche and the points would be astronomical! I like your idea of listening to your body. As I said at the beginning of the post I'm going to follow the PP guidelines... and listen to my body along the way.

Thanks again to all!
Sponsored Links