Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 10:09

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default I need a buddy

Hello all,

I am starting over and I am having a really hard time of it.

Is there anyone out there doing Atkins who would like to be my buddy? I am looking for support and to support on a daily basis- maybe even multiple times a day like when I really really am struggling not to go out and binge on chocolate!

Hoping to hear from you soon!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 15:18

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannette1
Hello all,

Is there anyone out there doing Atkins who would like to be my buddy? I am looking for support and to support on a daily basis- maybe even multiple times a day like when I really really am struggling not to go out and binge on chocolate!

Hi Jeannette
Welcome!
I am not sure that I am the best buddy for you but I did want to reach out to you. We weigh about the same and I am short (5 feet). I started a year ago at 197 and have lost 35 pounds and maintained that loss for several months. I am still trying to get down to 155 which would put me at just overweight instead of obese where I am now. I am 73 years old.

I started out on Atkins '72 for a long time. Now I still stay below 20 carbs most days and try to stay below 1200 calories.

I want to tell you how I deal with chocolate cravings. It might seem weird but it works for me. I buy PB powdered peanut butter with chocolate in it. Actually I get a store brand that is cheaper. The instructions say to mix it with water, but I mix it with melted butter or sometimes coconut oil. I also add cream sometimes.

Melt the butter in the microwave in a little bowl. I use about .75 tablespoon of butter. Then I add two tablespoons of the powdered PB. You can adjust the consistency by adding more powder or butter depending on how thick it is. Then I put it in the fridge for a few minutes. Whe it solidifies, it is like fudge. The secret is to measure carefully and limit yourself to one serving a day.

I belong to several groups on this forum who share often and support each other.

The monthly countdown daily weigh in is a good one. You can join now even though there will be a new one starting soon. Another is the lose 5 pounds challenge. We are now on #272. You are welcome to join at any time. Check it out. There are several support groups within Countdowns Buddies and Challenges.

Best wishes.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-15, 15:28

Plan: Healthy Living
Stats: 196/146/125 Female 5ft3in
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by omablue
Hi Jeannette
Welcome!
I am not sure that I am the best buddy for you but I did want to reach out to you. We weigh about the same and I am short (5 feet). I started a year ago at 197 and have lost 35 pounds and maintained that loss for several months. I am still trying to get down to 155 which would put me at just overweight instead of obese where I am now. I am 73 years old.

I started out on Atkins '72 for a long time. Now I still stay below 20 carbs most days and try to stay below 1200 calories.

I want to tell you how I deal with chocolate cravings. It might seem weird but it works for me. I buy PB powdered peanut butter with chocolate in it. Actually I get a store brand that is cheaper. The instructions say to mix it with water, but I mix it with melted butter or sometimes coconut oil. I also add cream sometimes.

Melt the butter in the microwave in a little bowl. I use about .75 tablespoon of butter. Then I add two tablespoons of the powdered PB. You can adjust the consistency by adding more powder or butter depending on how thick it is. Then I put it in the fridge for a few minutes. Whe it solidifies, it is like fudge. The secret is to measure carefully and limit yourself to one serving a day.

I belong to several groups on this forum who share often and support each other.

The monthly countdown daily weigh in is a good one. You can join now even though there will be a new one starting soon. Another is the lose 5 pounds challenge. We are now on #272. You are welcome to join at any time. Check it out. There are several support groups within Countdowns Buddies and Challenges.

Best wishes.

Thanks so much for reaching out! Man I am feeling so weak this time around! Very difficult even getting one day under my belt! This chocolate mixture that you describe sounds heavenly. What is PB? I do not know what this is? Where can I find this?

Also the daily weigh in challenge sounds like something I would like to do.

Thanks so much for reaching out! I need it! And good job to you on your weight loss!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-15, 07:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/213.0/150 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannette1
Hello all,

Hi Jeanette , I think OMA was talking about powdered peanut butter with chocolate. I just happened to see it in the store this morning. Her suggestion does sound heavenly . I was looking for walden farms chocolate syrup which is supposed to be atkins 72 friendly. Couldn't find it, but that may help you.

I'm a newbie. Started in Jan then fell off the wagon. Then started again in July. I'm just short of 14lbs down. In the hard core atkins group you essentially stay at zero carb. Always atkins induction. You are welcome to join us anytime. I thought I needed a buddy too, but everyone here is so welcoming...you will be fine . I think you can find Atkins 72 Hardcore in the buddies and challenges section.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-29-15, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Oma's idea is awesome, and there are lots of others, too. Google "fat bombs", and you'll find all sorts of recipes for tasty ones--sweet and savory.

I have some chocolate peanut butter ones in my freezer, and I think I want to try the one that's rolled in chopped bacon...
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-30-15, 15:29

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Jeannette, sorry I did not get here to answer your question. I meant to say PB brand powdered peanut butter. I find it a wal mart and the other two grocery stores in town. But not all of the stores have it chocolate flavored.

Glad to see you joined some daily check in sites. Keep coming back.