Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 11:43

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

Well, I bought two dresses. Haven't worn a dress in 20 years. I haven't worn them OUT anywhere yet.....but buying them (which means I FIT in them) was a big first step. Slow. Steady. Progress. We ARE worth it!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 12:52
On my way to goal

Plan: General lower carb
Stats: 220/210.4/180 Female 68 inches
BF:Top Weight = 323lb
Progress: 24%

Good for you Tracy - that sounds super exciting! And you should wear those dresses!
  #78   ^
Old Fri, May-05-17, 16:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0652
Well, I bought two dresses. Haven't worn a dress in 20 years. I haven't worn them OUT anywhere yet.....but buying them (which means I FIT in them) was a big first step. Slow. Steady. Progress. We ARE worth it!

Ya we are! It's all in how you wear them, with pride and confidence, are you wearing them for you or others. YOU ARE PHENOMENAL WOMAN...
  #79   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 13:15

Plan: atkins/LC
Stats: 275/198/145 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 59%

I'm going to wear them for me, Robyn! Thanks to you and CaseyZee. I have decided that if I lose 10 pounds in May, I can treat myself to some other new clothes. Plus, the more I lose, the more I feel like shopping This forum is a Godsend - the support, ideas and venting frustrations has all helped me enormously!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, May-08-17, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy0652
I'm going to wear them for me, Robyn!!

Please make sure to come here and tell us about all the compliments you received and how awesome you feel... great way to non food reward yourself, one small piece of clothes in, one large out...
  #81   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 09:59
Registered Member

Stats: 441/359/210 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

These non-scale goals are attainable but some will take time. I'm in it for the long haul.

-Climb stairs without pain or getting winded.
-Take a flight. (I don't fly anymore)
-Not be concerned if the place I'm going has "chairs with arms"
-Wear clothes I wore when I got married. (I still have them)
-Get up off the floor without needing to "brace myself" on a chair or table.
  #82   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 10:13
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Those are good ones, Jared. I can identify with every one of them. Last night I needed to change a light bulb in the hallway upstairs. I used a collapsible step stool that my wife had sitting nearby to reach it. While I was standing on that stool it occurred to me that I hadn't even considered whether or not it would support my weight. It would have been risky business to use that stool 3 years ago. At my current weight it did just fine. But what I like most of all is that I'm starting to forget about all of the limitations of being obese. I'm just living a normal life again. It is a nice place to be. Stick with it and you will get there, too. LCHF is how we need to eat.
  #83   ^
Old Tue, May-16-17, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
But what I like most of all is that I'm starting to forget about all of the limitations of being obese. I'm just living a normal life again. It is a nice place to be. Stick with it and you will get there, too. LCHF is how we need to eat.

Ouuuu, I would like to add that one please!!!!
  #84   ^
Old Wed, May-17-17, 14:10
Registered Member

Stats: 441/359/210 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Those are good ones, Jared. I can identify with every one of them. Last night I needed to change a light bulb in the hallway upstairs. I used a collapsible step stool that my wife had sitting nearby to reach it. While I was standing on that stool it occurred to me that I hadn't even considered whether or not it would support my weight. It would have been risky business to use that stool 3 years ago. At my current weight it did just fine. But what I like most of all is that I'm starting to forget about all of the limitations of being obese. I'm just living a normal life again. It is a nice place to be. Stick with it and you will get there, too. LCHF is how we need to eat.

Thanks Ken. Your entire story is an inspiration, I've read your success story twice now. Congratulations.