Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 17:16
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 205/197.5/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Iowagirl, does it hurt worse when you sit? And sometimes when I pee it hurts, cramps so bad , Ive never had this severe cramps before. My pain is in the left side feels like by my ovaries, is that were yours is at? My friend is trying to tell me im drinking TO much water, I drink a gallon a day, could that be it?
BTW, my period is not due until another 2wks.

Where is all the good recipes, anyone have any good meat recipes?

Meatloaf:
Hamburger Meat
crunched up porkrinds, barbque flavor
2 tblsp of picante sauce
cook for an hour

There is mine that is all I have!!!
anybody else?

jo
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 18:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Hi, All!

Jo, way to go on the inch loss! I don't know about your pain. I've heard some people say they have less PMS symptoms while LCing. I just started today...finally...keep your fingers crossed for a BIG whoosh!...and I haven't had any bad cramps. Had a few minor ones. I know what you mean, though, about cramping when you to the bathroom. That's often a PMS symptom for me. I have always took that to mean my bladder is very full and, in the course of emptying it, things are falling back into place. Silly, probably! You mention that you're in the middle of your cycle...I've often had a few pains in that area in the middle. It's ovulation, usually.

I doubt you're drinking too much water, but a gallon is quite a bit. The rule of thumb is 8 cups (64 oz) plus an additional cup for each 25 pounds you want to lose. For you, that would be roughly 10 cups of water per day. Of course, more if you exercise strenously, take in more salt than normal, blah, blah, blah. It wouldn't hurt you to cut back a little and see what happens. And be sure to space it out over the day. It's much better for your body to have a steady supply of water rather than drinking a whole lot at one time, then going without for a few hours.

If I were you and if this doesn't resolve itself very quickly, I'd go to the doctor. Better to be safe than sorry and it would ease your mind. Hopefully it will be gone really soon! I do know (from what I've read) that it takes some people a while for their hormones to adjust to LCing and they can skip periods or have one long one for several weeks. So many variables!

EciGirl, I know what you mean about the sticks. I've stopped using them except for in the AM before breakfast...instead of twice a day. I'll probably wean myself off of them and only use them if I'm stalled. I think I'm guilty of 'stick-abuse'!

Jo, the meatloaf recipe sounds....um...interesting! May have to give that one a try. I tried a recipe I found on the Atkins website for supper tonight. It was Zucchini Fans. Very good! Only I couldn't make the fans right...need more practice...so I just sliced them. Hubby loved it!

I agree with you guys...I love checking in here! It helps keep me going. Some really nice people around here!

As you can see I'm pretty wordy...love to type, too. Guess I'll sign off for now! Have a great weekend!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 19:48

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

So when TOM is over, when do you guys think would be a good time to hop back on the scale and receive an acurate weight without all the fluid/water retention adding on the extra few. I was planning to wait for about 2 days after. What do you think?
  #79   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 04:56

BF:

Sounds good to me! I guess it's different for everybody. I usually lose that extra weight right after I start. You know your own body, so go for it!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 16:50

WOO-HOO!!!!!! Another 3 pounds!!!!!

Wheres everyone been lately?! I think its time for a good dose of encouragment for us all!!!!!

You know what...I was thinking the other day. This does not even seem like im on a diet. Does anyone else feel that way? I have lost the cravings for the sandwiches and other high carb stuff. When I go to the grocery store I just pass up all the stuff I used to love. Its like I just live a normal life and eat when I want but Im losing weight. I actually get hungy for meats and my new favorite snack is chicken wings. I just feel like im putting forth no effort at all to lose this weight. Any similar feelings from anyone?
  #81   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 19:08

Plan: protein power
Stats: 133/???/112 Female 164cm
BF:size 10/ 8 /(6/4)
Progress: 0%

hey ezgirl
just checking out ur profile and i c ur birthday is the day b4 mine. i'm a student 2 at warwick university in england. i love this way of eating 2!!!!!!!!!!!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution
Stats: 200/200/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default yES IT IS OK

According to the New revolution bk, chapter 8, page 101, last sentence of the 2nd paragraph. you can eat diet(sugarfree) jello

squito
  #83   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 20:55

oh thank you lord cause I have gotten quite addicted to the orange flavor sf jello!

hey loop...how old are you? are we around the same age? Im 20. This english comp 1 class is killing me!!! Mounds and mounds of homework and writing keep piling up!! Im going for my a.s. degree in nursing...what about you?

Keep up the good work gals!
  #84   ^
Old Mon, May-19-03, 21:39

Plan: Started Atkins on 4/26/03
Stats: 202/190/145
BF:
Progress: 21%

Joetta,

That pain you're feeling is probably you ovulating. It can bother some people, but I'd definitely have a doc check it out.

Mary
  #85   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 06:06

BF:
Talking Hey, EciGirl!!!

Way to go on that whoosh! I'm still waiting for mine!

I know what you mean about not wanting the high carb stuff anymore. Well, not craving it anyway. I've been at a couple of gatherings with brownies lately and I'm sure I could dive into a plate of 'em! It just occured to me yesterday that it's been three weeks and not a bite of chocolate! WOW!!! That's a record for me.

Anyway, I'm with you...now when I want something to eat, I want something meaty and fatty.

Sometimes it does seem too good to be true! A little scary, huh?
  #86   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 09:42

yes it does seem a little scary!!!! This does seem too good to be true. You know how they say that when things sound to good to be true they probably arent good at all? well I think we have just found an exception to that saying!!!

I thought this was going to be much harder than it is though.

How exactly do you figure out the max ammount of carbs you can eat per day without gaining weight (like when you go in to maintenance) Just curious about what I will be able to have then!! Im perfectly happy at 20g a day!

keep up the good work girls!!!
  #87   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 205/197.5/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hello everyone, Good job ecigirl on your lost!! It really makes you feel good when you lose and you can also go to the grocery store and the favorites you use to have , well they don't bother you anymore! Im getting better at that. Sometimes I have cravings but not much. And yes Thank God for sugar free jello!!
Mary, that only went on for one day, the next day I was ok, im not sure what happen to me, but I do know one thing I could not sit, I had to lay, and the pain hit so bad at one time that I almost passed out. Yes Ive got to get to the doc.
Darlene, how is everything going with you? Sorry I havent been on much lately ive been real busy here in the last week. But i did cut back to the 10 glasses of water a day, thanks for letting me know how much I needed to drink
Well everyone I wish you all Good LUck this week and everyone a very Happy Memorial Day!!

Jo
  #88   ^
Old Tue, May-20-03, 12:48

BF:

Hi, Jo! Glad to hear your pain is better. I've had times like that, too...just mysteriously goes away! Who knows? Maybe yours won't be back!

EciGirl, I'm still plodding through the book (DANDR). I think he goes into figuring out your personal carb maintenance level. I was just thinking about the same thing earlier today, BTW. I can't imagine eating more than 20 carbs a day and maintaining my goal weight! I'm happy with what I eat now (lots of meat an fat!) and don't want to replace those things. I don't know how to increase carbs without also increasing the calories. That can't be a good idea for maintaining! But, like I said, I've still got lots to read and I'm sure I'll know what to do when I get there. I have plenty of time with all the weight I want to lose!

Here's a question for you all. I added something new to my food list...macadamia nuts. They're soooo good! I know nuts aren't on the list for Induction and I still consider myself in Induction, but it's been over two weeks and I'm keeping my carbs under 20 g per day. Actually, I've been having a hard time getting up to 20 g per day and the nuts help. Do you think that will hurt or help things??? Time will tell, right?
  #89   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:24

heydarlene thanks for looking that one up for me!! When you find something out let me know...im in no hurry though. And I agree with you. I feel like if I eat more than 20g a day then I will balloon right back up! Im happy this way and hopefully the weight will come off faster than jumping up to 40 a day.

My problem is that Im addicted to the scale...I CANT STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!! lol

But something that keeps me motivated is these pics that me and a friend of mine took a few years back. You know....you and the girls get together and try to take cute pictures of each other...ok maybe im just weird. But this is my ultimate motivation cause I KNOW that that WAS me and I CAN be there again if I just work for it.

****WARNING****
Pics are corny but I thought I would share to give everyone a good laugh for the day..............

Last edited by EciGirl19z : Wed, May-21-03 at 09:43.
  #90   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:42

please try to contain yourself.....this was about 3 years ago (making me 17)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rooflc.jpg (8.8 KB, 14 views)