Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 22:20
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default fitday vrs hidden carb calc

I found something today that sounds too good to be true. It's a baked tofu that claims to have 2g carb and 2g fiber per slice.

White Wave Baked Tofu - Italian Style Garlic Herb

I entered it in the hidden carb calulator on this site, and it came up with an actual carb count of 4 (this was as a legume) as a veggie it said 6. When I entered the nutricional information as a custom food in fitday though I didn't get the warning that there was something missing.

If fitday is right, this is a carb free, or trace carb treat?

One bad point though is it is made with wheat containing soy sauce and has 280mg sodium. I'm worried about the wheat and candidia problems, but in small amounts in the marinade it should be ok shouldn't it?

Also my soy sauce in fridge doesn't list wheat as an ingredient. Does this mean it's ok and doesn't have to be avoided on the candida adjusted diet?

(Ok mods, does this move to the products forum for the push, the candidia forum for the second question, or get to stay here because of the first question? )
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 10:11
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Bumping
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 14:35
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Without being able to see the label, I am going to say that it has 4 carbs, 2 of which are fiber, making it 2 net carbs. You can always get a guesstimate of how many carbs something has by using the faulty math problem of 4 calories for protein, 4 calories for carbs, 9 calories for fat. Since they never tinker with the protein or fat counts (except to round the number) what ever calories are left over divide by 4 and that is your carb count.

If I had candida problems and wheat fed those little guys, I would avoid wheat like the plague. No sense in them getting out of hand again.

Other candida problem foods are fermented things like cheese, vinegar, wine, yeast.

Beth

(Just general enough to stay here, I think.)