Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 22:11

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default I'm back again.....!

Well between Nov 2007 and April 2008 I lost about 25lbs (from 180 to 155). I started having major sick spells and stomach cramps and acid reflux, etc. I noticed it seemed to get worse on LC. I cut out Stevia, cut out this, dairy, chocolate, on and on.

Finally I gave up and decided to just eat "normal" bland foods. Lots of rice noodles, plain meats etc. Finally, after gaining all my weight back my doctor and I figured out my gallbladder is not functioning well (no stones but function is bad). Not going to deal with surgery right now as I don't think it will help.

So, anyway, I'm back on LC again but this time I'm doing about 35-40 net grams so I can have plenty of soluble fiber (the ONLY thing that has kept me from being sick it is eat lots of soluble and moderate amounts of insoluble fiber).

I also have to keep the fat lower - which means half and half instead of cream, no huge sour cream servings and easy of the cheeses, etc.

I've been at it a week and so far everything is great. I'm in ketosis at 35 net carbs and I'm exercising to make up for the difference.

Even if I have to increase my carbs a little more to remain well, I have to do some sort of LC because I'm a crazy woman when I'm eating High Carb. I feel so much better already after only about 5 days on LC and already lost a few lbs.

I was doing the Carbohydrate Addict Diet last summer for about a month and it did work well, I lost about 1lb a week, but for now I think I need to do strict carb counting until I feel I can trust myself again - then eventually I want to move back to CAD type eating once I've lost about 10-20lbs.
Sponsored Links