Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 06:50

Plan: Atkins/Southbeach
Stats: 315/225/200 Male 73
BF:17.6%
Progress: 78%
Default Back on track after vacation!

Took the family to Flo-Rida for spring break and when I got back and weighed in I had gained two pounds. I was disappointed because I thought I did pretty good while I was gone. The two weeks before we left were difficult as well because my dad was in the hospital with a major surgery and recovery which put me out of the gym for about 3 weeks total.

But at this morning's weigh-in I had lost the two pounds I had gained and one more. So I'm back on track. I made good choices while on vacation and only had a few "cheats." I had key lime pie once, ice cream once, and dessert one other time. But the rest of the time I ate well and on plan. Lots of great seafood and veggies.

I had a good plan for the drive too. I packed a cooler with water and diet drinks, (I'm drinking a lot of that crystal light hydration.) I had some great 1 carb beef jerky, nuts, a few boiled eggs, and pork rinds. So I was set well for the long day in the seat. Plus when we stopped for lunch/dinner I always go in somewhere decent where I can get a salad or something good. I've matured beyond the point of driving at full speed to our destination and only pulling through drive-thru's for food. We get out, stretch our legs, and usually go in a decent sit-down restaurant.

I don't really think the few added carbs and desserts added to my gain over the trip. It was probably water weight. I had increased beer and margarita intake and I know I drank less water than while I'm at home. So, once I got back in my regular routine it fell right off.

Cleave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 07:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/187.5/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Ya, the beers and Margarita's usually do more damage than crystal light and beef jerky LOL
I'm glad you guys got away for some R&R, Sometimes just a nice change of scenery from everyday stress gets us back on track and feeling good about it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 07:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/137/135 Female 5'4”
BF:
Progress: 93%

Wow you go dude.....that is great. We are planning a vacation this summer and are already trying to figure out how to avoid the pitfalls.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 10:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 288/253.5/168 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 29%

That is great. You had a nice time and now your back on track. Thats what I call a vacation!!!