Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 16:56

Plan: South Beach (mostly)
Stats: 275/254/165 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Default I'm baaaaack...

Those of you that have been around for awhile probably vaguely remember me from a few years back (hi Judy!). I've been having a real tough time trying to keep weight off, thanks to a rare neurological disorder that I've had for two years now. I can't do any kind of physical activity where I heat up, otherwise I suffer severe neurological pain in feet & legs. I finally can't take my ballooning weight anymore, so I'm turning back to the South Beach Diet to help with my inflammation issues, and also to take off some weight quickly(initially) to hopefully allow me to exercise more.

I was previously unsuccessful for a multitude of reasons, most prominently being my husband not being on the diet. It's hard to crave things and see someone else eating them right in front of you. So this time I've enlisted him and have gotten his buy in on working with me on the prep, etc. He's also reading the book (after my prodding him several times).

So we just started Phase I today. So far so good!

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and I'll try to participate when I can.

Good luck to all.

Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 06:53
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

Welcome back!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 08:46
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Welcome Back Deb!

Sorry to read of your illness. That does make things more difficult...but not impossible!

Its great for you that you've now got your DH doing this with you.
The one thing about SBD that I would like to change is the way it pushes us into way too much whole grain stuff. All that wheat is not a good idea. Even if it is 'whole' its not helping at all.

Good Luck with your phase I. I will still throw in a phase I day here and there when needed. It's the base of the plan and incorporates so many different food groups that it makes it pretty easy to follow.

Its become pretty quiet in this SBD section. I'm around if you need me.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 11:24

BF:

Thanks Judy and Becky! I did notice it's pretty quiet around here. Too bad, because SBD is such a great resource.

I think losing over two pounds of water weight already is helping with my neurological issues.

My DH is having the worst of it, since it's a sugar fiend. But he lost 3 lbs the first day, which I think made him feel better.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 09:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 295/222.5/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome back! I am coming back as well. I just finished the second week of phase 1.

I got off SB for a while due to a medical procedure. About all I could eat for a long while was mashed potatoes, yogurt and ice cream. I gained about 35 pounds back. After my body slowly recovered, I tried Weight Watchers. It was getting all the press about being number 1.

Weight Watchers just doesn't work for me. SB does! I am 3 pounds shy of being back to where I was when I quit SB. YAY!!

I have to drink a lot of tea to deal with water retention. My blood pressure med that had a diuretic in it was dehydrating me too much. The tea works great and helps me with inflammation.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-30-12, 10:36
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassiecat
Welcome back! I am coming back as well. I just finished the second week of phase 1.

I got off SB for a while due to a medical procedure. About all I could eat for a long while was mashed potatoes, yogurt and ice cream. I gained about 35 pounds back. After my body slowly recovered, I tried Weight Watchers. It was getting all the press about being number 1.

Weight Watchers just doesn't work for me. SB does! I am 3 pounds shy of being back to where I was when I quit SB. YAY!!

I have to drink a lot of tea to deal with water retention. My blood pressure med that had a diuretic in it was dehydrating me too much. The tea works great and helps me with inflammation.

Welcome back to you too!!
Good job on getting rid of those pounds!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-05-12, 17:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassiecat

Hi Sassiecat... good to see people returning! What kind of tea do you drink for inflammation? I like some teas, so I would be willing to give it a go. I'm not losing as quickly this time around (not excercising much due to mobility issues), but I feel great. Probably the best I've felt in three or four years. I was beginning to think I'd be in pain forever... now I haven't had a pain pill in eight days (I was taking six a day!).

Good job at getting back to where you left off... I have a long way to go!

Cheers
Deb
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-07-12, 12:24

Plan: SBD / MIXED
Stats: 218/210/160 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

HI!I'm back to low carb as well. Good luck and nice to "meet" you.
I love SB too - the ONLY thing that works for me!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, May-07-12, 14:09
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRB3
HI!I'm back to low carb as well. Good luck and nice to "meet" you.
I love SB too - the ONLY thing that works for me!

Welcome!!