Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 12:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/203/175 Female 66 inches
BF:YES!!
Progress: 44%
Default No Dessert For Me!!!!

Today is Friday and we usually order out instead of bringing our lunch on Fridays. We work 8-4 and just eat at our desk thru lunch.

Okay, here's the deal. There are 4 women in my office who are all doing Atkins. Or so I thought until today. Someone had extra tickets for a soup fund raiser so 2 went and got to-gos to bring back to the office. One soup was green bean w/ham and a few tiny potatoes. The other soup was a vegetable/beef with lots of carrots and potatoes. So I figured the green bean would be my best choice. Well, they also brought back 5 desserts!!! 3-coconut cream; 1 cherry cheese; and 1 apple. They were all trying to decide which dessert they were going to have!!!! and when they asked me what I wanted, I said "I DON'T WANT ANY!!" and I really didn't want any. I didn't admonish them for having their dessert but was so proud of myself for declining. They only hard part was when I peeked at the coconut cream (it's my favorite pie) and it looked so yummy and I could tell was homemade. I even picked out the few tiny potatoes in my soup.

I WILL SUCCEED IN 2008 AND REACH MY GOAL!!!!

karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:18

Stats: 258/258/150 Female 5' 6
BF:too much
Progress: 0%

You go girl. I understand about tempation, but hand in there and you will be successful.

Great job
Rachel
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:24

Stats: 238/234/140 Female 5'7
BF:way, too, much
Progress: 4%

WTG! I know the temptations are horrible to have to deal with. I have 2 sisters that are tooth picks and can eat whatever they want! Just last night we all got together and they were eating m & m's and everything else they could get in there mouth. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it.

I know if I were those women I would be feeling soooo guilty. I don't think I could have eaten in front of you knowing that you knew I was suppose to be dieting..lol.

I also noticed our stats are about the same
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-08, 14:30

Stats: 225/203/175 Female 66 inches
BF:YES!!
Progress: 44%

Thanks Rachel and christyLee!
One of the girls later said "Karen you are so good and now I feel sick from eating that piece of coconut cream pie!"
I just told her that I really didn't even want any.
That I had worked too hard to get to this place I am now (no cravings, no hunger, etc.) and it's just not worth it.
I didn't mention that they all also ate the homemade bread.
Oh well, their loss, my gain.
NO!!! That's the other way around.
MY LOSS, THEIR GAIN!!!