Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-01, 17:35

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Newbie with a question

I'm very new to the LC info. My husband has to begin a strict diet which I get the honor of preparing. No sugars of any kind, no carbs, no dairy; basically meat & vegetables (with exeptions to some of those). He has severe eczema which we believe is caused by intestinal yeast infection. If any one has any recommendations on sites that might provide dietary information, I would be grateful. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-01, 19:32
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Teramy!

Two good sources for the explanation behind and guidelines are the books Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution and Protein Power. You and your husband should read both books so you'll both have a greater understanding of how low-carb works.

Besides having the honor of cooking for him, consider joining him. Low-carb is fantastic for increasing energy levels, clearing skin, alleviating aches and pains, lowering LDL cholesterol, and of course, the marvellous side effect of weight loss.

This page will give you a good overview, but it no where near has the detail of the books. There are also many other LC links from this page.

http://wilstar.com/lowcarb/

Keep posting on how it's going for the both of you.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-01, 08:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

welcome teramy! i agree with karen! read those two books. i've been lowcarbing for 2 years and i'm always looking something up in them!