Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 12:00

Plan: Aspiring Paleo
Stats: 144/136/127 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

OK, gotta ask, what is shakeology?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 13:31

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Shakeology is a shake suppliment available from beachbody.com or a beach body coach. It's all natural and the chocolate is yummy mixed with just water, which leaves it being fairly lowcarb in my opinion.

I am not sure what it did but before it i was finding myself hitting a wall, while doing P90X once I added it the difference was amazing. I don't use it daily now, cause I'm almost out and not a member of Beach body anymore (discounted if you are a member) I do like to have a shake before my evening of Zumba, keeps me going stronger. Again, how it does it I don't know, but it does.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Feb-21-12, 22:14
Registered Member

Plan: Akins
Stats: 210/177/135 Female 5ft 2 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up

Shakeology also curbs my appitite wonderfully. I drink it after my workout in the morning at about 6:30 or 7. Don't eat again till about 9:30. Love the chocolate. Ppl add stuff to it but I'm happy with just water and ice. Look forward to it everyday. Pretty sure it helped break my plateau. Go to http://myshakeology.com/esuite/home/keepingmefit to order it. I don't sell it but that's where I buy it. Is it okay for me to put that in here? Hope so.

I am enjoying p90X very much. My back is feeling better. Was afraid that it was going to slow me down but I think my core is already stronger and supporting my back. I have arms and shoulders and ab ripper tmrw at 5am.

Only starting my third week and I already see results. Turkeylady, I can't wait to be able to say I have down one round not to mention two! Awesome. What kind of results did u see?

Oh BTW, shakeology does have 14 net carbs, but it has a low glycemic so it shouldn't hurt too much. I was worried but like I said, I believe this is what broke my plateau. Body needs more when u r demanding p90X and Zumba from it daily.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 07:03

I did great on p90 x. Probably got in my best physical shape of my life. Mthe time involved got,the best of me and I had trouble squeezing out the time for a third round so I dropped out I did however transition from p 90 x to Zumba. At 47 years old I became a licensed Zumba instructor. Don't think I would have been ready physically had it not been for p90 x. As for my results look at the pictures I have posted here and you will see before and after p90x. Photos
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Feb-22-12, 23:00
Registered Member

BF:
Lightbulb Love Zumba but...

Love love love Zumba but I was Zumba-ing like crazy and wasn't losing a bit a weight after awhile. Hit a plateau like crazy. I would Zumba most days sometimes twice n a day. Come home drenched in sweat sure I was gonna lose weight soon... Sigh.

Guess my body just got used to it. Still love it but I Zumba for fun and health, not for weight loss. With the right instructor, Zumba is amazing. Makes me feel happy and energized.

I can already feel body getting used to p90x in my third week. The program changes up next week. They knew what they were doing. Hope I keep losing weight. I c my beautiful body coming back n2 focus. This time gonna fight harder to keep it.
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Mar-14-12, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins\Paleo\IF
Stats: 266/206/190 Male 67
BF:Going fast...
Progress: 79%

I'm dabbling with P90X - what I mean by this is I have no problem following a 90 day fitness programme, and in the order they want, but I ain't taking supplements and shakes. I see this is an opportunity to add light weights and all round aerobic exercise to my already established cardio (cycling and running). I'll post in here with progress, it's early days yet - yoga was the hardest thing so far for me, and as I'm still 40 lbs over weight , I can forget about chin ups at this time.

My general feel for it after 5 days is that it feels good, feels like something I can maintain.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-12, 10:55

BF:

I just got Insanity. I haven't started, but will this week. I am excited and I hope it delivers the results I've heard about. I am tempted to buy shakeology, but it's expensive!
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Mar-15-12, 19:44
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro-p
I'm dabbling with P90X - what I mean by this is I have no problem following a 90 day fitness programme, and in the order they want, but I ain't taking supplements and shakes.

My general feel for it after 5 days is that it feels good, feels like something I can maintain.

You do not have to take anything like shakes or supplements to do p90x absolutely and completely. Just follow a strict eating plan (low carb for instance. Haha)

I take shakeology but has little to nothing to do with p90x. The stuff is just great! Humm for me.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Mar-19-12, 12:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins\Paleo\IF
Stats: 266/206/190 Male 67
BF:Going fast...
Progress: 79%

I can feel now its the regularity of the plan, not the intensity of the sessions, that is a killer. My hamstrings feel broke might need to park it for a night - Stretch friday, core saturday and a 26 mile cycle yesterday has left me broken .
  #70   ^
Old Thu, May-17-12, 08:07

anyone still doing P90X?
  #71   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 05:57
Registered Member

Plan: Unsure
Stats: 175/175/160 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

Just finished round 9. Or is it 10?
  #72   ^
Old Fri, May-18-12, 19:27

Wow Peter congrats. I am considering starting again
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 20:42

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 211/212/210 Male 72
BF:
Progress: -100%

Have not read all the posts in this thread, so please forgive me if what I way is redundant. I think it's a decent program overall. But I am mortally opposed to plyometrics unless performed on a very shock absorbing surface. And even then, probably not. I also do NOT like any yoga moves which involve asymmetrical compression on back discs. It's also stupid to do curls right before pullups when you're trying to focus on back muscles. So a couple of nit-picks. But I still like most of it, and respect Tony Horton for being in such great shape at his age.
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-12, 21:55

BF:

Quote:
Have not read all the posts in this thread, so please forgive me if what I way is redundant. I think it's a decent program overall. But I am mortally opposed to plyometrics unless performed on a very shock absorbing surface. And even then, probably not. I also do NOT like any yoga moves which involve asymmetrical compression on back discs. It's also stupid to do curls right before pullups when you're trying to focus on back muscles. So a couple of nit-picks. But I still like most of it, and respect Tony Horton for being in such great shape at his age.
Just curious if you have any thoughts on the Insanity program.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-14, 22:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/210/195 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I like P90X but felt the workouts were too long for my schedule (especially the yoga routine), that is what likely prevented me from doing another circuit. I do like having the DVD's though, cuz you'll never know when you want to "bash your face".

I really would like to try T25. Has anyone done that?