Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-17, 17:46

Plan: Atkins/LC
Stats: 205/150/150 Female 5'5"
BF:35
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Right. I think it's a bit misleading to describe Atkins or even LCHF as "high fat."

I meant that she should try a moderate fat diet like Atkins and that Atkins wasn't high fat. Sorry for the vague sentence
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Apr-08-17, 23:18

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Might have to count calories as well as carbs.

Calories According to Atkins
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-17, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205.5/171.0/155 Female 5 5
BF:
Progress: 68%

For me, I can maintain without counting calories but cannot lose after a point. So now I do both. It's good to change things up so my body doesn't become complacent.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Apr-09-17, 06:03

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Also, as we lose weight, we need to eat less. We aren't maintaining the larger body any more.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 12:26

Plan: high fat paleo
Stats: 238/215/165 Female 5foot 7inches
BF:yes
Progress: 32%

Wow thanks for all the responses and support I am 2lb down since my initial post. However I have started running as it was clear that I was a risk of pulling out of my endurance challenge unless I upped my game.

This week I have now started IF on a 20/4 cycle so will see if that helps at all
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 12:37

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisbabe
However I have started running as it was clear that I was a risk of pulling out of my endurance challenge unless I upped my game.

This week I have now started IF on a 20/4 cycle so will see if that helps at all
Just be aware that new or more exercise can cause a bit of muscle inflammation (fluid retention) which may mask fat loss with slight water weight gains. Don't worry though, it will come off when your muscles are trained. Just focus on your eating and exercise goals.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 13:13

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 220/126/132 Male 65in
BF:
Progress: 107%

Almost hungry go to bed and get up hungry and want to eat a horse. Drink a pot of tea with butter or a 20-30oz cup of coffee with butter can last you half day. Then eat one full meal to last to bedtime. It is like almost fasting 24hrs everyday.
If you feel dizzy, just lower your head to your heart level.
Eat tomato or tomato soup(little salt) to flush out water.
Recycle your guts gems by rotating your foods(non balance diet per day, but balance diet per days/week.)

Per personal condition, it is extremely difficult to compute energy of food, energy intake, energy conversion and energy consumption.
So the best indicator is your body.
For example, "hungry", if you are hungry or almost hungry and go to sleep, you know where the energy source is coming from for the next 8 hours.
If you drink coffee or tea with a tb of butter when you are hungry, you also know where the energy source is coming from for the next couple hours.

Last edited by locarb4avr : Wed, Apr-19-17 at 12:05.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Apr-18-17, 15:01
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 133/124/112 Female 58ins
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisbabe
I've been a moderate to low carber for more than a decade. I got quite a bit of weight off more than 8 years ago, got about half way to goal, but had some major life events and got derailed.

Fast forward to now, I have made various efforts to lose weight over the years, but not been concerted until January.

I am doing high fat with induction level carbs and am having less success than I did last year when I wasn't trying.

I suspect that over the years my metabolism has adjusted and it's harder for me to lose weight, but I never found it was easy to be honest.

So 3 months in and I have lost 10lb. I stall for weeks then will lose 2-3 in one go, then back to stalling, or even gaining.

I gave up dairy a few weeks ago as it was affecting my arthritis, so am using coconut oil, cocoa butter, beef dripping and olive oil.

I am only eating meat fish eggs and veg, with coconut yoghurt now and then. No nuts, no off plan foods at all. I don't drink alcohol.

I am getting quite demoralised. I need to be stricter but how? Would intermittent fasting or a fat fast help?

If it's any consolation, I've hit 60, and have found with the menopause, that my metabolism is much slower too. My weight loss is gradual, but steady, though; I go on fasts at least twice a week, and have found it is great in balancing my appetite, intake and general well-being.
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 01:28

Plan: high fat paleo
Stats: 238/215/165 Female 5foot 7inches
BF:yes
Progress: 32%

2 days into IF and I have dropped 4 lbs. This must be water weight rather than fat but hopefully this will continue to help.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-20-17, 03:09
Registered Member

Plan: my own designed
Stats: 276/267/200 Male 5.4
BF:
Progress:

You are going at the right pace, it you fasten up things it might danger your health. Good that you are maintaining logs, running/walking is the best thing
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 12:30

BF:

3 rules according to law of physic;
1. Consume less energy(food)
2. Increase defficiency of energy conversion(digesting food)
3. Increase energy expenditure(work out)

They are not mutually exclusive or inclusive.
One has to figure out how to aply those rules according to one's life style.
For example, I am not a work out person. So I ignore rule 3 and forcus on rule 1 and 2.
I tried rule 3 for couple years on and off and finally recognized it is just not me.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 16:46

Plan: Atkins '72 version'
Stats: 264/232.2/150 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress: 28%

I would suggest to buy a food scale to measure protein. My fitness pal in a great app to keep track of your food. Its important to keep track due to carb and protein creep.

Good luck in your WOE and be patient, good things will start to happen I stalled all of March. The scale didn't move but I lost inches.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Apr-22-17, 13:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locarb4avr
3 rules according to law of physic;
1. Consume less energy(food)
3. Increase energy expenditure(work out)

They are not mutually exclusive or inclusive.
One has to figure out how to aply those rules according to one's life style.
For example, I am not a work out person. So I ignore rule 3 and forcus on rule 1 and 2.
I tried rule 3 for couple years on and off and finally recognized it is just not me.

was

is
2. Decrease efficiency of energy conversion(digesting food)