Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 07:46

Plan: general low carb/my way
Stats: 195/180/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default back with tail tucked between legs.

why oh why do I constantly do this to myself? I decided I was missing my wine too much , and I am one that wine stalls completely on low carb.. So I went more into the low fat and calorie counting. RESULTS? well. not good.

I am sure that I am up a few pounds , but hubby stole scales months ago and I do not know for sure. I know my jeans are feeling a little snug around the waist giving me the lovely muffin top look. ick.

So on Sunday I decided that I would rather be low carb. Even if it means missing my wine. So yesterday, I ate low carb all day , but also finished the last bottle of vino I had in the house. Now I have none so we will see how it goes. I told myself when the muffin top is gone again I can start having a couple glasses once a week. It may stall me for that day, but I think I was being TOO strict with myself before, causing my total utter REBELLION for the last couple months.

So. THERE. it is out there. Day two low carbing started.. day one no wine!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 08:17
Bound for Onederland

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%

No worries.. we have all been there. Wine is a treat isn't it. Try having a diet drink in a nice goblet. I love holding and drinking from a stemmed glass.
I know you will lose your muffin top soon!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-11, 08:30

Plan: general low carb/my way
Stats: 195/180/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 30%

thanks elizabeth. I know that on the first part of my journey, I gave up the wine completely. I was drinking water out of my wine glasses, as having a glass of wine in my hand while cooking dinner at night was a habit. I do love wine, and I know a glass or two a couple times a week is actually good for you, but for me, trying to work a glass in each evening stalled me, and I found that strange as I was still at induction level carbs!! Oh well. Its not the end of the world, but I think by totally depriving myself, I set myself up for failure.

If this works like it did last time I should have mr muffin top gone in a few weeks. Then ONE 750ml bottle can be consumed a week. but all in one day or I dump the rest. I can handle a one day stall out of seven..may take a bit longer to get to my goal, but it is something that I can handle in the long term. If I totally deprive myself, I am going to fall face first in that vat of wine again...lol

everyone keeps telling me to drink a vodka or a rum with a diet mixer instead,, but I don't really like hard alcohol. I would rather if I cannot have wine, have water than one of those drinks. To me that would be more about having alchohol than a sipping a glass of wine, and that is a road I do not want to travel.

thanks for the support!!