Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-11, 05:57

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Ugh, remind me of this the next time...

I've had way more cravings than usual lately. Yesterday morning, I hard-core caved and had some rice crispy treats and a big blueberry muffin. I was sitting at my deak at work sipping my usual morning Diet Pepsi, and I just started to feel insanely crappy. My heart was absolutely racing, I was drowsy, and my head started to hurt. And I had a less-pleasant-than-usual trip to the restroom

I'm hoping that, by writing about this, it will help me to remember that disgusting feeling the next time I walk past the bakery section of the grocery store.

Not sure why the cravings so much lately, but I think it may have something to do with [WARNING: next details are, umm, GIRLY in nature] that I'm off of all hormonal birth control for the first time in almost 13 years. I was last on NuvaRing and took the last one out, had a pretty normal period, but I haven't stopped spotting since that period, so I had a normal period for about a week and have been spotting for the past additional week with no end in sight, so I'm thinking something may be "off" hormonally, which might be contributing to my increased cravings and decreased sense of control. At least, I HOPE that's all it is! I'm going to schedule a gyn appointment for next weekend, so if this isn't all done by then, I'll see the doc. In the meantime, I'm happy to hear suggestions or others who may have gone through something similar
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-24-11, 11:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/215/150 Female 64"
BF:C198/T126/H53/L120
Progress: 38%

Life will be SO much better for you once the hormones are out of your system. and stay away from the treats! You know better, young lady!