Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 14:39

Plan: .
Stats: 000/000/000 Male .
BF:
Progress: 84%
Question Wrong Carb Counts

MyPlan shows eggs as having 1.3grams of carbs each, but on the packaging (Naturegg Nature's Best) it shows 0g per egg and on this site: http://www.nutritionandeggs.co.uk/e...nutrition1.html it shows eggs as having only trace amounts of carbs (i.e. less than 1g) even for 100ml (2 eggs?)

Also - not so much a MyPlan issue but along the same "wrong carb count" idea, on the back of every Twin sweetener packet at the coffee shop I go to, it indicates that at 0.8g (1 packet) it has 0g of carbs but on their website it states that is has 0.5g of carbs - does anyone know definitively what the Canadian Twin/SugarTwin packets carb count is?

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 17:23
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

I just checked on my MyPLAN, and it gives me a PECC of 0.4 for 1 extra large egg, which is pretty much the same as what is written on my carton of eggs.

The default for eggs comes up as 100g, so you may need to select your size egg from the drop down menu.

HTH

Roz
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 17:35

BF:

hmm I've been selecting scrambled since I cannot seem to see just a simple "egg" - its all "egg - whole - dried and stabilized" and other crazy things.... did you find just the plain old "egg"?
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-08, 17:50
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Their scrambled egg probably/possibly includes milk.

I use egg, whole, raw, fresh. Make sure you don't search for eggs plural - you need "egg."
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-26-08, 16:09

BF:

Thanks rosebud! thats so funny that they assume that ppl make their scrambled eggs with milk / cream. I actually heard that using those things make the eggs soggy whereas beating them with a little bit of water makes them nice and fluffy. Haven't used cream or milk in my scrambled eggs in a while.