Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 12:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 298/286/180 Male 71 in
BF:
Progress: 10%
Default I messed up

I've been doing the low carb thing for about a month now and lost 18 pounds. It's great, no problems. Until last night. I was at work (3-11) didnt have time to eat before work so i made lunch (2 of them). Got to work and forgot my lunches at home. I was pretty hungry. To make a long story short I ended up buying a pizza slice out of the machine at work, it was nasty(I used to like them). That was only the start of it, then I got a milky way(that was good, but felt like crap while eating it). Then to top it all off I stopped at wendy's and got a combo meal becasue I felt like I cheated so bad what the hell. The nice thing is though, I don't even have a taste for wendys anymore, the burger was good, but the fries tasted like cardboard, and I couldn't even drink the coke. I've drank nothing but water for the last month and pop didn't do anything for me, took like 2 sips and threw the rest out. I was so mad at myself for falling off the horse, but I am back on the horse today. This time I'm not going to fall off. All the stuff that I had yesterday wasn't even worth it, not only did I feel guilty eating it, it all tasted nasty. Except the milky way, but even before I was doing low carb I only ate about 1 or 2 milky ways a year. I dont have much of a sweet tooth. Well just wanted to let you all know I messed up, rather than tell my family (they don't believe in low-carb) because theyd use it as an excuse to try to talk me out of it again. But after yesterday I see no reason to cheat anymore because the stuff I ate wasnt really all that great and I didnt enjoy it at all.

Thanks for listening, talk to you all later,
Andy

P.S. another funny thing is Last night I had one of the worst headaches I've had in a long time. I finally went away this morning.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 12:06
HIGH FAT!!!

Plan: CARNIVORE!!!!
Stats: 191/145.0/137 Female 69 inches
BF:30.3/24.06/not yet
Progress: 85%

WTG Andy!
You got right back up on the LC wagon!
You will make it with that good attitude!
Bounce it off us, we're here to support you!

~Cheryl Ann
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 12:07

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey Rock...

Don't beat yourself up. You realize it wasn't worth it and are now back on track... Congrats on putting it behind you and moving forward....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 12:18

Plan: Low carb/PP
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Congrats Andy for getting back on the horse. I have had slip ups too, the most important thing is you didn't quite LC.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 12:44
Intermittent Feaster

Plan: DSTSS
Stats: 280/188/175 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 88%

Ahhh, Andy. It was a slip-up and nowhere near a mess-up, believe me. The last time I messed up it took me four years to figure out the things you've learned in an evening--fast food doesn't taste very good and carbs can make you sick.

You might want to keep a supply of emergency rations at work or in your car (there's a box in my desk drawer with a few cans of tuna packed in olive oil and some almonds).

By the way, congratulations on the 18 pounds lost and for sticking to this way of eating even though your family doesn't approve. I think you'll be making believers out of them before too long.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 15:14

Plan: paleo-ish
Stats: 482/400/240 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

I also advocate keeping emergency rations at work or in your car. I keep food in my purse at all times.

Don't feel too badly. This is a way of life and sometimes life happens. All you can do is the best you can and regroup for next time. The important part is that you got right back on.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 15:42

Plan: IF
Stats: 350/235/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:generous
Progress: 57%

Glad you're back.

I echo the posts about emergency rations. I also suggest that in absolute emergencies, go for the lowest carb possible. As gross as that pizza was, you can buy a slice of pizza, pull off the toppings, dab up most of the sauce, and eat the toppings. This is more true of a slice with lots of meat or low carb veg, but in an emergency...

Order a few hamburgers without catsup. Eat the inside, toss the bun.

Eat the insides of a sub with mayo.

Pull the breaded jacket off deep fried mushrooms (I only use this example because I've done this).

This stuff shouldn't be what you eat day to day, and you should consider the carbs in the count, but you can improvise. Don't beat yourself up though. Live and learn, and remember the headache.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 19:23

Stats: 278/246/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 23%

Congrats on your weight loss! You are right back on track, that's all that matters. It's funny how our tastes change! Keep up the good work!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 20:09

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

It's only one day in your life!! Consider it a lesson learned and move on from it!

To be honest, I have done similar things in the past!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 23:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Esq
Stats: 525/525/250 Male 76 Inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Andy dont kick yourself in the arse. It happened to me big time read my posts. You will win if you want to.
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-16-08, 20:35
Amazonian Princess

Stats: 310/310/155 Female 5' 7"
BF:i/have/some

Good job on the 18 lbs!

As for your slip-up...you seemed to have learned something valuable...you don't want that stuff anymore! Your brain doesn't learn that from reading it in books; now, you've proven to yourself that you don't want it! w00t!!

As for keeping emergency supplies at work, I totally agree. I have a bag of sunflower seeds in my desk, just in case.

Great job getting back on the horse!! You chose wisely! lol
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 10:02

Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

The only way you could really mess up is if you did not get back on plan by the next meal..preferably the next meal, not the next day. Part of making this a way of life is expecting that there will be slips and not beating yourself up about it.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 11:22

Plan: Atkns/CT Weight&Wellness
Stats: 335/272.5/170 Female 5 ft 3 inches
BF:54/51/35
Progress: 38%

You only fail if you dont get back on the horse my friend. Forgive yourself, learn and move on.

If you read my journal, its full of small confessions, falling off the wagon and getting back on. The point is, that consistency is the key. Falling off one day wont kill ya, but doing it regularly will.

Good luck and remember how crappy the cardboard fries tasted and DONT FORGET YOUR LUNCH! :-)
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 16:19

Plan: Low Carb & Sleeved
Stats: 363/217/175 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Its ok. You're getting back on track and that's what counts.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 20:05
fabulously me

Plan: just lowest carbs poss
Stats: 242/242/130 Female 5ft 8
BF:

well done for getting straight back to LC the next day!
everyone has cheat days now and then but its good youve realised you dont actually need them!