Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 07:30

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 257/192.6/175 Male 72 inches
BF:35%/24.6%/18%
Progress: 79%

Ouch. Doesn't sound promising, does it? Well, I'm sure he'll do a great job.

I sure hope that all of the old folks come back after it's up and running again.

Aaron
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 07:37
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 144/115/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:35%/22%/22%
Progress: 100%

Bawdywench, thanks for the welcome. I feel as if we're some kind of cyber-refugees!

Randy, that's the URL I've been using, but I must have missed the time when it was working. Anyway, it's good to know someone's working on it, though "over a weekend" doesn't sound as if it's imminent.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 09:40

Plan: PP/Atkins/Transformation
Stats: 305/264/220 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitra
Bawdywench, thanks for the welcome. I feel as if we're some kind of cyber-refugees!

Toooo funny ... I suppose there are a few of us feeling like that. I am used to a quick daily check-in for a daily Challenge or quote, the Monitor Monday to be sure I am on in my carb/protein counts and that little shoce from the Monthly Challenge.
I joined the chat here last night and it was a nice break with a Chat engine that ran without booting you off and a lively crowd. It was interesting to see the different approaches as well like the Fat Flush and a large Atkins group.

Mitra, as you mention, it may be up over the weekend. The status on the following pages will give some indication since the second two change every once in a while as they are being worked on.

http://eatprotein.com/

http://bbs.eatprotein.com

http://bbs.eatprotein.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

Again, Thanks to the Low Carber PPer's forum for your hospitality.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-04, 17:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Our door is always open, and the welcome mat is always out.

Come back now, hear? <cue the Beverly Hillbillies music>
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 15:08

Plan: PP/Atkins/Transformation
Stats: 305/264/220 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%
Thumbs up

Bawdy,
I'll be back. I enjoy several of the forums and like your chat engine as well.

Thanks for the welcome mat. ;-)

The old website is back up with only a few items to be worked out. In a letter from the new Webmaster he explains ...

Gabe,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I just finished the conversion about 10 minutes ago. Bbs.eatprotein.com is now functioning again as a phpBB board.

Some things were lost in the translation. Polls were not translated. The topic was brought over, but not the poll itself. Another thing lost was the rankings of the members (New, Member, whatever). I created a few just for now and may change them later. I may set a rank of "I Live Here" for some very high number like 8000 posts.

You should still be set as the administrator with your original username and login. Feel free to check it out and poke around. I'll create an announcement that it's back up and that I'm the webmaster in a few minutes.

Thanks!
Eric

The address has changed slightly so some old links do not work but this takes you to the new board ...
http://bbs.eatprotein.com
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-04, 20:07

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 250/190/185 Male 6' 1"
BF:30+/16/15
Progress: 92%

Good news ... I have a heap of questions for Gabe! (not necessarily great news for him!

Cheers,

Malcolm
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 01:25
Registered Member

Good news for the rest of us, though, Malcolm. I always enjoy the info that comes out from your questions to Gabe. I must search through some of the past ones and save the info on my machine now it's been brought home that stuff on some other server might not always be around!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-04, 15:19

Plan: Protein power
Stats: 251/251/145 Female 67
BF:
Progress:

What is carb cycling mentioned in some posts. Sorry I am new to this WOE
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 01:11
Registered Member

Carb cycling isn't part of the Protein Power plan - I'm afraid I can't tell you much about it. It's used by body-builders. Maybe someone in a fitness forum could give you details if you don't get them here. Anyway, it's definitely not a part of PP, just something some individuals use, related to a training programme.
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-04, 05:50

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Mitra is right. Carb cycling has nothing whatsoever to do with Protein Power. Bodybuilders use a more extreme form of it. I've tried it with some success, though haven't stuck with it consistently or very long, but not because of the plan, because of major things happening in my personal life at the moment.

Basically what it's all about is to switch off higher-carb/higher-calorie days with lower-carb/lower-calorie days. For example, for my height and weight (and this is all very individual), on an UP cycle I was eating around 1800 calories and maybe 40 to 60 carbs. On the DOWN cycle it was 1200 calories and under 20 carbs. The cycles are as long as you want, but at least 3 to 5 days on each.

The point of the cycling is to rev your metabolism. The extra carbs and calories gives your body something to work with. Then, when you go into your DOWN cycle, your body works harder. It's not scientific (at least not to me). I just know that my body reacts better when things are not always the same.

Here's a good discussion of the "plan": http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=199958
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 16:33

Plan: Power Protein
Stats: 238/208/190 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress:

This link is up when I tried it 6:32 9/27
http://bbs.eatprotein.com/
See you there...
DennisD