Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View comments Article tools
The first loss
Posted by A thin me!
Posted Wed, Dec-05-01
Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default The first loss

Having started this WOL one month ago, I never would have expected to be a "loser" of 20 lbs.

I had so many trials and falls, and giving up days on this program, it felt like a life sentence of torture. I was the most hardest on myself and bring tears to my eyes of frustration.
I re-read the book and folded the important pages and made copies of the pages - I was trying - but not getting it right. I lost my attitude, my spirit and became sad, filled with gloom.

I always found some answer or kind word from people here.
No matter how I messed up - like my foray at Taco Bell or the day and night I totally gave up and ate mini Snicker Bars the entire time (which I never posted this failure because I was so ashamed of myself...) I was never critized.

For some reason, this third attempt at Induction on Atkins was working - maybe I had worked out my personal kinks the first 2 times around. Maybe, I just needed to get used to what I was doing.

In the beginning, I fought this WOL, complaining that I was constantly thinking about food, wondering what to eat, how to eat, when to eat, etc. You know - you have all been there.
I fought every carb. I ate and did not drink alot of water.
My liquid of choice at that time was Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke.

Now, I am more confident of myself and have the basics down.
I read labels carefully, maybe not as good as some of the other people who are on the WOL, but it is better than before. Right now, I am not that concerned about the hidden carbs. but I know I will in time. As long as I eat what I have been eating, it will be okay.

I can put items in my cart like Oreos and ice cream and not be bothered by them. Before I began LC, I would open the cartons or bags and eat a few or have some spoons of ice cream while I was putting the groceries away. Unbelieveable!!

Yes, this month as been tough, Thanksgiving and now the other holidays. I'd be kidding myself if I was not worried about them - but I know that if I do make a mistake, I can correct it and carry on. There is always Induction Round #4 LOL.

I was terribly ashamed of the weight I had when I started.
At first I thought the scale was broken, but in fact it wasn't.
It has taken me a month to get back on it and waiting was worth it for me. Now, I have to make sure that I don't become dependent on it. I will put it away for another month. Oh, I know I have a LONG way to go yet, and so much weight to come off -

NOW, I can eat with out worry, and try new things. I do drink more water than before, but I still have some Diet soda pop. I am still tempted by chocolate and heavenly smells that I sniff, but
now I know I can control myself and it helps to have radishes handy in the fridge!!!!

I wish I could thank everyone personally for their advice, suggestions, slivers of hope and always a KIND word. Thank you so much for "being there" and I know that when necessary, you will be there again.

I am glad to finally say:

I AM A LOSER!!!

A Thin Me
December 5, 2001
Article tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Success Photos
Before
Not uploaded yet
In-Progress
Not uploaded yet
After
Not uploaded yet

by alto on Wed, Dec-05-01, 15:03

Hi, Loser What a terrific story -- I'm so glad you posted it. I'll be there are lots of people who read this board who have started, and "slipped" after two days, and felt as though they couldn't do it.

But you stuck with it!!

I hope you're as proud of that as you are of the 20 pounds (20 pounds!!!)

2 comments [read all comments]

Article tools