Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-13, 15:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%
Angry Easy way out

I have to admit to myself and everyone else that I was looking for an easy way to lose the weight I gained when I made the decision to go off of my low carb eating plan and gained most of my weight back. I made the decision to believe the hype given to me by friends, nutritionists, my doctor and my husband that eating low carb is bad in the long run and will ruin my health. I CHOSE to believe it. I made the decision MYSELF. I can't blame anyone else but ME. But now, I can admit that I made the worst mistake ever in chosing to do that. I gained back 76 of the 80 pounds I had lost. I am now making the decision MYSELF to begin eating low carb again, to be healthy MY WAY and to lose the weight by making the lifestyle change of eating the ONE way that has agreed with my body and helps me to be healthy. I have been eating low carb for one week and two days. I had to go to the doctor yesterday because of feeling sick and found out that I have a double ear infection, a sinus infection and bronchitis. The funny thing is...I knew I was sick, but not that sick! I still had more energy eating low carb, even though I was that sick, than before I started induction!! I confess I chose to stop eating low carb, but I am now confessing even though I made the mistake, I am now choosing to fix it NOW.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-16-13, 16:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/214/165 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 25%

wow you gambled bad on that one.

gained it all back. BUT THE good thing is you know LC works. You know the drill to lose the weight.

key NOW is when you lose it again, will you just stay put and maintain? No more monkeying around. LC works for you. You stay put lol

never let anyone tell you what is best for your body (and I don't give a flying furball WHO talks to you) no one knows YOU but YOU.

you tell them it is now time to mind their own business and if a dr. mentions something to you, then just say--well I will live iwth the risks. seriously, I do my own thing. I could care less WHO questions my way of eating. it works for me.

You definitely sound like you are coming back stronger than ever! GOOD FOR YOU!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-20-13, 13:02
Registered Member

Stats: 265/256/180 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Thanks! I found out the easiest thing to do is make a grocery list, stick to my list and drink lots of water. AND DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE except my body. BUT last night my husband told me my butt was getting smaller. That's the best compliment he could have ever given me!! LOL
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF/Ketogenic
Stats: 215/138/135 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 96%

Aw, what a nice hubby. If your doctor/nutritionist starts getting on your case again, I would just say "Hmmm, let's review what happened the LAST time I listened to your advice, shall we?"

You lived and learned. Good for you for deciding to take your health into your own hands!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-13, 14:09

Stats: 242/161/155 Female 5'6
BF:don't u ask
Progress: 93%

I can relate to what you are saying as someone else who has lc, lost a huge amount of weight, then gained it back. The second time around you have the knowledge, you know it works, but I got frustrated when I didn't see results quickly. Alot of us 2nd timers do as we know what lc can do. We treat it like our own personal super power. Keep doing what works for you, you can do this.