Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 05:25

Plan: Protein Power/Paleo
Stats: 188.5/169.5/145 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:way/too/much!
Progress: 44%

Sometimes I think the only good thing about a vacation w/ kids is that you just don't have to do all your regular chores. But you're still taking care of 3 small kids all day! And having to worry about what other people think of them! My beach trip consisted of 10 adults and 13 children. Talk about crazy!

Jen, you are in such a difficult time of life right now---I remember when we had #3 and how hard it was because the other 2 were still so young. And yours are closer together! It will get easier before you know it! I'll bet you're a wonderful, cheerful, fun mom!

Today I did Kathy Smith's Upper Body and the AbRipper 200.

I really had to give myself a stern talking to this a.m. about working out. Just didn't care any more--but I noticed my thighs are not as firm today as they were a week ago--and I don't want to go back there! I'm at a total loss as to what wo plan to follow these days. I'd love to see the miracle of P90, but I don't think it will happen. And i'll get bored. Should I go back to what I was doing:
UB, LB, cardio, Total body, cardio, Total body, rest?
I can run, HIIT, do kickboxing or power step for cardio.

or should I stick w/ P90 until i can't stand it anymore?

or should I do p90 Sculpt, cardio, BSS2, cardio, TT2, cardio?

Thoughts?????

Sorry for all the whining today!

And Don't Buy Any More Fudge!
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-04, 14:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130.5/119.5/115 Female 4'10.5"
BF:32%/32%/22%
Progress: 71%

Mama - you definintely aren't whining. For one thing don't sweat the thigh issue. You yourself said you haven't been as strict with yourself exercise and eating wise lately so that explains that. As to going back to what you were doing before vs. sticking with P90. My personal opinion is its great to make commitments (like to say a rotation) but in the exercise dept. I say we really need to do what makes us happy and still enjoy exercise. If what we are doing makes us loathe it then its defeating a lot of the purpose. I discovered that with the Slim Series rotation and now I'm doing my p90x but if on any day I just don't feel like doing one of those workouts I do something else. I'm happier for it and still keeping a commitment to exercise nonetheless.

Rotations are a wonderful thing for a lot of people and they also modivate a lot of people but if that doesn't work for you then that is ok too. Since I've just been doing the Slim Series workouts on an as "I want to" basis I like them sooooooooo much more. You might find that out about p90 also. The other thing is...with people who exercise as much as we do there are bound to be times when we just don't feel like it, period. I know I get that way. I usually just trudge through because I know the ramifications if I don't. Say if I'm thinking my thighs look like crap now....imagine what they would look like if I quit.... (Self talk is so uplifting at times....lol)

Anyway I say if you aren't enjoying P90 or what you are doing switch to something you do. I was getting sick of Firm before I started Slim SEries and now that I've gone back and done it after so long I really like it.

Meanwhile I hope that helps a little and I wanted to thank you for the kind words re my kids and all. I keep telling myself it is such a short period of my life right now with them being so small but living it is a lot different. But I do know its easier than it was a year ago so I really should just stop complaining....but thanks again for putting up with it.

we went to the zoo in Naples today. I thought it was one of the most beautiful zoo's I've ever been to. It hasn't rained yet today though the skies do look a bit ominous.

Later
Jenny
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 19:18

Ok for any of you who will purchase P90x let me be the first to warn you of Chest, Triceps and Shoulders. I have never been in this much muscle soreness (more like excruciating pain) in my entire workout life.

There was so many different kinds of push ups in that thing I thought I was gonna die or atleast my arms were just gonna break off. They even had push ups where you'd go down and come back up and clap....doesn't soound tooo bad until you realize you've already done a trillion pushups already, this little gem of an exercise is towards the end.

I'm all for a good workout but I literally can hardly move my arm pits towards the chest area hurt so bad. I was sayin' the firm forum how I am such a dumb a~* because I popped in Core Synergistics today thinking I was just gonna work my stomach basically....yeah right. PUSH-UPS AGAIN!!! And I never stop a DVD hardly ever so I stuck it out. I can't even imagine what I'll be feeling tomorrow.

Lets this prepare you in advance.

Jenny
  #124   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 05:05

Hmmm, don't think I need P90X afterall! ;-)
  #125   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 08:00

MamaS - LoL! I know you'd totally love P90x and you do too. Even though the pain is still pretty bad today I did Cardio X and just jogging in place hurt the chest area....I think tomorrow will be an hour long stretch day most definitely.

How are you feelin' this week. Are you still feelin' weird about P90 or have you gone back to your normal routine??

jenny
  #126   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 17:35

I think I'm going back to my old routine---I like doing weights 4 days and cardio 2. Starting tomorrow I'll do:

S-- Total body (BSS2, TT2, or P90 Sculpt)
M-- Cardio (running, HIIT, or other video)
T-- UB (+ HIIT some days)
W-- LB
Th-- Cardio
F-- Total body
S-- rest

I should copy that in my journal so I remember! I like the way that looks; there is less running to hurt my bunions and more weights to build my muscles. Plus, I really enjoy the allover wo's, so I can get those in 2x per week.

I'm glad you're feeling better, Jen. Don't do that to yourself again. I guess certain tapes shouldn't go back to back! :-)