Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 12:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 352/286/180 Male 74 inch
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Panera Bread Side of french baguette

Hello Everyone!

So I am really beating myself up today. I had the chicken Cesar salad at panera without the croutons. This is only 6 carbs which is great. They put the bread on the plate and not even thinking I had it. *slaps self in forehead* I did have it with butter though. So I went to their site and it says that the cheat is 36-1 carbs!!!! Seriously!!!!! Feeling terrible at myself. I cheated at the movies on sunday and from that I gained 4 pounds in a single episode. I was trying to be good but idiot me pulls this.

So my question is... has anyone figured out what to do the day of a small cheat like this to help reduce the effects. I tend to gain obscene amounts of weight compared to the food itself. Yes we joke the mere smell of a sweet puts on 20 pounds for me lol.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 13:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

just learn from it and continue on
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 15:06

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Eat very low carb for a few days. Bet you won't do that again, now that you know the carb count!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-14-12, 15:30

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
just learn from it and continue on

That's about it.

This is a journey, not a destination. Here's a suggestion.

Try rethinking your language. "Cheat" implies that you are on some sort of burdensome regime enforced from without. "Choice" means that you are eating mindfully in accordance with your inner values. You are not a good or bad person because of what you eat.

You are battling a kind of inner denial--the little demon that makes you "forget" even momentarily what you are putting in your mouth. This is part of the learning process. Every food situation brings choices. Be wise!

Best wishes.