Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-12, 00:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Chocolate Binge

Well, I'm 10 days into induction and literally JUST polished off half of a package of chocolate I received as a gift (my birthday was 3 days ago), and I've come straight here to confess, hoping that some accountability will help me avoid this situation in the future. My girlfriend gave the chocolate to me in a gift bag along with a bottle of wine, a gourmet cheese tray, and a book - I think she's intentionally trying to sabotage me, but that's a story for another day. The amount of carbs I just consumed was about 26g....and I am SO DISAPPOINTED with myself. I've been doing so great, feeling good. I don't even know where this impulse came from. It was just there, I just picked it up and started eating. Pathetic, and so mad at myself. I only had 4 days before switching to OWL, and now am not sure if I should extend induction?

SO FRUSTRATED!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-11-12, 06:16
Looking 4 Onederland

Plan: Atkins '72, IF
Stats: 284.5/200/170 Female 5' 5"
BF:Why yes it is! ;)
Progress: 74%

I think starting back with induction until you are back in ketosis is a good idea. Just start over, you can do this.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-12, 08:46

Stats: 245/241/170 Female 5'4"
BF:40%/31%/29%
Progress: 5%

It sucks when someone doesn't respect your choices. I am offered stuff all the time too with the words, "come on, one piece won't hurt" or "one bite isn't going to make you eat it all". People don't know us better than we know ourselves. Just stay on induction for awhile longer and next time I suggest giving the "gift" away to someone else or just toss it out. I give my stuff to someone else if the person won't listen to me. I have also said thank you I'll save it for later, and if it's something I will be able to eat several months down the road, stick it in the freezer. I have a huge bottle of wine and a bottle of my fave vodka put away in a storage cupboard waiting for the time I am ready to enjoy it. don't beat yourself up.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-12, 11:37
Every day is day 1.

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 249.0/220.6/160 Female 67 inches
BF:Yup. I know.
Progress: 32%

Hey it happens. It's not good and it has definitely set you back (I can attest to the truth in that statement!) but you are HERE and you want to get back on track. I would at least do a full week of induction before moving into OWL - if not the full blown two weeks - to clear out the craving cobwebs that are lingering. Since the chocolate was the breaking point why not try to eliminate sweets completely during your induction phase? I know it is hard but it will truly help to keep from having a repeat episode! Good luck and keep us posted!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-12-12, 12:07

Stats: 216/186/140 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy456
Since the chocolate was the breaking point why not try to eliminate sweets completely during your induction phase?

I had eliminated them completely....stupid birthday resulted in several gifts which included chocolate. I gave most of it away, but this one package just happened to be there, and my crazy inner fat person took over and thought "one won't hurt". YA RIGHT!!!! Before beginning Induction I spent a month using all the "bad" stuff in my pantry, donating a ton of stuff to the food bank, and tossing out anything with ingredients I couldn't pronounce - including any artificial sweeteners. *I'm trying to stick with Suzanne Somers "Sexy Forever" Detox plan too (fat cells store toxins, and that makes it harder to burn said fat)....so no chemical-based ingredients, possible pesticides or hormones, and nothing processed. All "real" food (I'm practically going to the organic market every day or two). I've been feeling great, so I really can't understand why I did this to myself. Just goes to show I have NO WILLPOWER yet. Maybe someday, I hope! Since the other night I've stuck strictly to plan, and am feeling better again. But at this point I'll have to keep anything I might eat that i shouldn't out of this house (poor husband and kids...hahaha!). I have been feeling like a much better mother since starting all this too - I'm already noticing a difference in my kids attitudes towards the food I'm cooking, and in their behavior, so I have to just focus on how good it feels to be giving my family the best I can - instead of letting us all fall back into bad old habits for a few minutes of blissful chocolate consumption.....

Thanks for listening!!!