Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 21:46

Plan: food comb/atkins influenc
Stats: 185/161/140 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thank you to all for your answers.

skeeweeaka
I am taking pure coconut oil. It is solid and liquid depending on the temperature. When I bought it, it was hot so it was liquid but atm it is solid.

I was taking 1tbs 3x day but i felt too yuck on that so now i'm having 1tsp 3xdaily and working my way up. I feel a little better. I read that starting low was maybe a better way to go if the reaction is too severe.

Thanks for all your support. I so wanted to quit but having done the hard yards i felt quiting would be unwise.

yogama

Quote:
i was bouncing off the walls i had so much energy

I can relate to that. A couple of times i have taken CCNO and had the reverse of the die off and felt like I was abuzz with energy. It's like rocket fuel but unfortunately i've only had that a couple of times. Both times tho I noticed my wieght dropped the next morning. Any ideas about that?

Just wondering has anyone found the weight loss speed up when using CCNO?

bye for now
Rai
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 21:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/143/115 Female 62 inches
BF:37%/33%/25%
Progress: 22%

I have been trying to find this on the forum forever!! I have been wondering what all the buzz is about!
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-19-06, 22:19

BF:

hi shreen

I think the buzz is all the effects from the ccno LOL

#49   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 21:21

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Skinny -

Quote:
It's like rocket fuel but unfortunately i've only had that a couple of times. Both times tho I noticed my wieght dropped the next morning. Any ideas about that?

Well, now that you mention it I lost 3lbs right after that day i was so buzzed, but also, it was my first week to lose weight (5lbs) after a 4 week stall.

That said, i lost 20lbs the first 6 weeks i started lcing and ccno. I have never lost that much weight that fast. It took me another 4 weeks to lose 5lbs but during the one month stall i was losing inches. YEAH!!

Hope this info helps someone.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Mar-20-06, 21:52
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 222/212/180 Male 5'7"
BF:28%/22%/10%
Progress: 24%

Coconut Oil contains MCTs or medium-chain triglycerides. These special fats do not need bile or to go through the normal fat digestion process. So taking some will allow the oil to be processed much like carbohydrate (without raising blood sugar). It makes sense it would rev things up a bit. Also MCTs can't be stored as fat. The only negative I see is that the other 40% of coconut oil is saturated fat, so if you are trying to watch it, just get some MCT oil from the pharmacy or buy MCT fuel from twinlab.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 12:19

I've been using CO for a few weeks and thought that you were joshing me about the "energy", but I ate two CO chocolates last night & couldn't sleep- I thought previously it was the caffeine in the cocoa powder... who knows?
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Mar-21-06, 15:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: 183/000/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 345%

I just went back to using it when I started the m/e. Within an hour of consuming it I feel warmer. My body temp definitely raises; plus it makes my eggs yummy!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Mar-22-06, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/130/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

Can't wait to buy it. Going to the Health Food Store right after work. thanks...
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-06, 20:08

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

I tried it today and had toooo much energy...it was odd since I have chronic fatigue...real odd!!!
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 07:53

I am not eating it before bedtime any more- in the am & lunch only- either the CO or ketosis has got me up all night!!
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 14:52

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg_S
I eat coconut oil for the health benefits.. I can't say whether it helps speed weight loss, it does help my athletic performance.

It's excellent mixed with sunflower and pupkin seeds, or in a hot cocoa, I also eat it on crisp breads. If I feel like cheating, the most delicious cheat is a piece of bread or half a bun fried in a couple tbs of coconut oil.. left in it when it's crispy to soak up the oil, with a VERY thin layer of raw honey on top.

I'll use it in dishes with curry or certain spices as well. Virgin coconut oil tastes light and almost sweet, with a hint of coconut.

I make garlic bagels sort of that way. Cut in half and toast a LC Natural Ovens bagel, spread liberally with coconut oil and fry in a skillet on medium/medium low heat till crispy brown around the edges.
(I keep the bagels in the freezer, thus the step of toasting them 1st)

Right out of the pan, spread more coconut oil on the two halves of the bagel. Sprinkle garlic and onion powder on oiled grilled face of bagel, add a shake or two of basil, some Parmesan cheese and some shredded mozzerella, place under broiler till cheese is starting to get brown and get bubbly.

This also is the base for the worlds most awesome sausage or bacon and egg breakfast sandwich......

Last edited by ProfGumby : Sat, Mar-25-06 at 15:05.
  #57   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 05:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogama
Hey SkinnyRay -

I am positive what you are experiencing is die off. I have been taking vco now for 2 1/2 months and I have felt a slow decline in all symptoms...mainly feeling tired and somtimes a headache. Recently I have noticed somedays im tired and others i have more energy and everyday i feel better and better.

Gosh, I sure hope you can hang in there because it has literally worked miracles on me. I am so excited about I keep trying to get everyone I know to try it. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!!!

Yogama I am so excited! For 2 days now I have been feeling back to my old self. I have had energy (even went for a swim yesterday) and the symptoms of the die off are almost non exixtent. Thanks so much for your encouragement. I was almost at the top of the mountain about to head down. I even had the scale move slightly too which hasn't happened in ages.

Cheers to everyone who has encouraged me and answered my questions.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 11:35

Plan: vsg/low carb
Stats: 306/153/150 Female 5'6.5"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Skinnyray -

I am thrilled you hung in there to get the reward!!!! Yay You!!!!

I feel more healthy every day; My core strength feels stronger and stronger.
There are some days I feel tired and it seems related to the ccno but the positive far outweighs the negative.

Congrats on your lb loss. Yippyyy!!!
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 14:59

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Whatever is in coconut oil is absolutely amazing. I cannot believe the well being that I feel eating this product, along with the much much needed energy!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Mar-26-06, 18:29
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 135/130/120 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

I've been taking coconut oil for the last 4 days, three tbs per day. It is also making me very tired and sluggish which is odd for me b/c on m&e diet I always have so much energy and need less sleep. what in the world is yeast die off?? do i need to see a doctor or should i stop taking the CO? thanks.